Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Spring Comparision

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
Hi all,
can't compare with others but my new H&R springs with modded standard dampers are a charm!
My 0,02

Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
How are the dampers modded?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
I've been told they were shortened and stiffened by a local garage.

Ride is firmer, you have the feeling of a more solid, concrete car, perfect for my tastes. Yet "she" copes fine with bump roads and potholes. Quite satisfactory for me.

Now I would just like to understand why the Progress RSB doesn't fit on European Jazz and how to modify it, if possible.

I do really miss the "steering" effect given by pushing while cornering given by the RSB.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I just put on my tanabe df210s a couple days ago. sits clean, ride is cool. im happy with my decision.

Last edited by ruelthewOrld; 03-15-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
I love youu

Old 02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
my b/f just installed bc racing coilovers on my fit. rides phenomenally better and the price was decent too. first he slammed them but we took them back up and now we have a one finger tire gap. love 'em.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gcar
my b/f just installed bc racing coilovers on my fit. rides phenomenally better and the price was decent too. first he slammed them but we took them back up and now we have a one finger tire gap. love 'em.
What kind of coil overs are they and will they go any higher? Never mind telling me what kind they are, I see that it was right in front of me... I'm slipping up a lot lately.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 02-21-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
What kind of coil overs are they and will they go any higher?
bc racing, br series coilovers. they go all the way back up to stock height. best bet is to talk directly to tim at formula engineering. his e-mail is tim@formulaengineering.com. he's really knowledgable about suspension.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
BNK
tein s tech, tanabe gf210/df210 or swifts....decisions decisions! i have a gd3 with 17x7 205/40s on it. the front has plenty room to go lower but the rear can spare just an inch at the most with out running into rubbing issues. whats your take on it?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
So last week I had tein s-tech's installed my 2007 fit sport with stock struts/shocks on stock 15" alloys with 195/55/15 tires. The stance is perfect and zero rubbing, but the stiffness is just killing me. The roads here are pretty horrible, and it just bucks back and forth like mad. I'm guessing it's because of the very heavy spring rate in the rear. So I've ordered in a set of progress springs, and I'm going to swap the rear ones in. I'm also going to replace the rear shocks with KYB GR2's and will report back. I'm not using the car for any kind of motorsports, and will probably go back to stock height if this doesn't start behaving.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi H lovers!

I'll ask a question and maybe bit of topic for someone. I was lookig this fine spreadsheet from ciburri and I would like to ask if those springs also fits to my European Honda Jazz 1.4 GD1 since those are for GD3 (I think)?

Thanky you very much for your kind help and greetings from Slovenia.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
do you have specs for ge8 tein htech's and sample pic as well? and whats the best short strut combo for that spring? thanks in advance

Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by jazzivtec
do you have specs for ge8 tein htech's and sample pic as well? and whats the best short strut combo for that spring? thanks in advance
Had to do some serious searching in foreign languages but I found this, I think it's from an Indonesian Jazz website.

Tein High Tech Ride Height Drop F-1.0 in / R-1.2 in Spring Rates F- 2.1kg/mm/ R-2.3kg/mm
Ê»ÃÔ§ Eibach ¡Ñº TEIN H.TECH àÅ×Í¡Íѹä˹´Õ¤ÃѺ

Tein doesn't have the HTech listed on it's website for the GE8 anymore, possibly discontinued? It only shows the STechs now.

There are no short strut options for the GE8 and no performance strut options either afaik. There are some in the works but not sure if they've been released yet. Like I said in the other thread you don't want or need short struts for the H-tech springs though, they are full length springs. The spring rates are low too so IMO you don't need stiff dampers. Tokico HP would be perfect but not available

Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Had to do some serious searching in foreign languages but I found this, I think it's from an Indonesian Jazz website.

Tein High Tech Ride Height Drop F-1.0 in / R-1.2 in Spring Rates F- 2.1kg/mm/ R-2.3kg/mm
Ê»ÃÔ§ Eibach ¡Ñº TEIN H.TECH àÅ×Í¡Íѹä˹´Õ¤ÃѺ

Tein doesn't have the HTech listed on it's website for the GE8 anymore, possibly discontinued? It only shows the STechs now.

There are no short strut options for the GE8 and no performance strut options either afaik. There are some in the works but not sure if they've been released yet. Like I said in the other thread you don't want or need short struts for the H-tech springs though, they are full length springs. The spring rates are low too so IMO you don't need stiff dampers. Tokico HP would be perfect but not available
Thank you for this. so recommended ones are aftermarket fluid/gas type shocks only? full length means progressive right? let me check the link you provided as well.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
No by full-length I am meaning that the springs sit captive in standard replacement struts, you don't need shorter struts to keep them seated when at full droop.

The H-Tech are progressive springs.

The only aftermarket struts I know of for the GE are KYB Excel G, which are OEM replacements.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
No by full-length I am meaning that the springs sit captive in standard replacement struts, you don't need shorter struts to keep them seated when at full droop.

The H-Tech are progressive springs.

The only aftermarket struts I know of for the GE are KYB Excel G, which are OEM replacements.
does it makes the car sits higher? excel G is Gas type right? but it adds stiffness compared to oem?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Thank you everyone who has previously posted in this thread. I found posts 01, 30, 39, 53, and 66 especially helpful in guiding me to purchase the Progress springs (paired with Tokico shocks) and the rear sway bar for my 2007 USDM Base. The ride is smooth for the most part, though it feels like the suspension is significantly stiffer. I love how much lower it is, but wish I had gone with coilovers to get it even lower. I have no wheel gap in the rear and about one finger in the front even though the frame sits about parallel off the ground in the front and rear. Springs, sway bar, and strut tower bars make my Fit more fun to drive than my 2012 Civic Si.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:55 PM
Awesome thread with lots of great info but I would like to offer some 2020 updates.

1. Progress springs are discontinued.
2. Unable to find Tanabe DF210's anywhere. :/
3. I still cannot find the H&R spring rates.

I am stuck between the Swifts or the H&Rs unless someone has a link to the Tanabe's or selling used progress springs. I will be using new oem shock/struts. I know, I know.

Last edited by AXfreak; 01-22-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:00 PM
Tanabe springs are still available. You're not looking hard enough.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AXfreak
Awesome thread with lots of great info but I would like to offer some 2020 updates.

1. Progress springs are discontinued.
2. Unable to find Tanabe DF210's anywhere. :/
DF210 -
https://www.swapshopracing.com/conte...-us/p5017.html
https://www.beangarage.com/tanabe-df...nda-fit-06-08/

They have other options as well but no clue on availability.

Quick Reply: Spring Comparision