Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Other then Tein and Spoon there are many other brands of coilovers for the GD1/2/3.

Cusco coilovers.
Tanabe springs and coilovers.
Team Kunimitsu springs and coilovers.
Buddy Club coilovers.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Hey guys, my first post as a new fitfreak forum member!

Has anyone heard of "D2 Racing"? They're a Taiwanese company offering a 32-way adjustable coilover system. Also, has anyone had any experience with the Mugen Suspension Kit for the Fit/Jazz?

Thanks!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by KingRichard
Trust me bro.. the NF coil over is one of my bang 4 a buck investment. I try changing the spring only, but the coil over make our hamsters a 100x better. Also u can drop the car all u like. In my case I can drop it till it touch 1mm inside the rims
How much did the NF coilover set cost in US$? Can you recommend the shop where you bought it? Do they ship overseas?

Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by alanranch
You bet man, coilovers are the way to go but its not practical coz its expensive plus our road conditions here are really bad. Lowering your car would make it look good but here in out streets it will just be a big problem. For me the best compromise is 1.5inch drop over than that its going to give you a headeache but hell if I had money to burn I am for coilovers even If I dont slamn it that much just for performance alone its definitely worth it. Always been a big fan of tanabe, they just make good products. ITs a brand worth investing on. From exhausts to suspension kits theyre just awesome.
Where did you get your Tanabe lowering springs? How much did they cost? What size rims and tires are you using with the lowering springs? Do you have difficulty in manuevering over our street humps?

Old 01-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Rut roads

I am thinking about buying a FIT when they come out this spring. I live on a dirt road and would be driving ab out 3 miles every day on this graded dirt road. Would the stock suspension be OK?

Old 01-29-2006, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member
has anyone tried spoon progressive springs + fixed shock?? wat u guys think of it and is it suitable for street use?

Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I'm purchasing the Spoon Sport Customs for mine in April in Illinois

Old 02-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok I wanted to update this thread with a few new parts I found on Bidders.co.jp also on Yahoo Japan Auctions. I have took the time to research these parts on there respect company websites, some of them I see have already been listed by the creator of this thread but I will also list some things not seen or discussed here yet.

The first is the Cusco Vacanza Wagon Coilovers, here are the specs on these coilovers:

(Part # 369 601 VB)
List Price 99,750YEN(95,000YEN)
Spring Rates (5k/F, 6k/R)
Lowering Heights Front(- 30 ~ - 60), Rear(- 5 ~ -35)

The second is the Cusco Zero Wagon Coilovers which is part of there higher end Zero line of Coilovers and it shows in its price as it costs more then the Vacanza, here are the specs:

(Part # 369 60E VL)
List Price 136,500YEN(130,000YEN)
Spring Rates (5k/F, 6k/R)
Lowering Heights Front(- 10 ~ - 60), Rear(- 5 ~ - 35)

I have also found RS*R i*Shock Comfort line of Coilovers but unfortunately RS*R Japan's application guide is not the easiest to navigate even when you know Japanese so I couldnt get much info on them. The only things I can see is that the Comfort line seems to have fixed dampening, uses the Ti2000 RS*R springs and is height adjustable.

Cusco also makes there OS Strut Bar for the Front along with there Lower Arm Bar but I dont have the exact part numbers yet, I will post those as I get them along with any other parts I find, engine, suspension or any other related parts.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Cusco USA will be using my Fit for all Cusco product testing once the Fit is realeased. I'm also looking into the Z1R setup too

Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
i'm just shift out from eibach pro kit to coil over suspension. in malaysia there have few aftermarket coil over such as gab, hwl and titan.

myself, i changed to gab hi/lo sport suspension which cost me around 600usd. very2 good for cornering but little bit less in comfort. but hei, its normal you gain something you lose something. for me, its worth having it.

may be for those interested can visit this site

www.titanabsorber.com
www.gabsuspension.com.my

Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey Zero, how much can your local shop that you deal with get the Gab Struts/shocks along with the Gab progressive lowering springs for all together? The coilovers look great but not practical for street use. Also do you have any specs on these springs and coilovers? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:13 AM
Talking

as i indicate, it will be around 600usd, what i mean including workmanship. if let say, sent to u by dhl may be it will be around 700usd.

about the spec, i'm not so sure but this stuff really made for jazz/fit.

i tell u, its worth having it........

cheers

Old 02-21-2006, 06:48 PM
That just seems way too low for Genuine GAB equipment because GAB isnt a cheap brand. I remember for my P10 Primera, for a whole set of GAB shocks/struts it was almost $900 for shocks/struts alone without springs and there coilovers were only made for a few popular applications and cost as much as a good set of JIC's, HKS's, Zeal's. So to see them this low makes me wonder if there genuine GAB even though they are boxed in the real GAB boxes with all the right logo's.

Can you tell me if these are genuine GAB's and if they are made in Japan? Also are the full GAB coilovers available for the GD3 Fit/Jazz? Please let me know, thanks.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:05 PM
for your info, those GAB was under license product, which mean produced locally in Malaysia using Japanese technology.

it is genuine product, believe me.

if you think want to have this product, i will help you to arrange to sent to your place, no problem....

Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I had the feeling it was too good to be true. Im not saying products made outside Japan are bad but not as good from my experience. I have a set of D2 coilovers on my P10 Primera and for the price I paid for them, around $600, they are a pretty good value but as far as fit, fiinish and overall quality, they cant really be compared with Zeal's, Teins or HKS.

A member on Zerotohundred.com named Galantorian7116 representing RS GAB MOTORSPORTS is selling the GAB suspension parts but I dont know for how much. Do you know him and do you know much he would be selling it for? He is also in Kuala Lumpur.

If you do know him, I have to know what the rates on those GAB Progressive springs are also if those dampers are adjustable or fixed because I wont purchase them if I dont know anything about them. If you can get that information for me I would appreciate it, thanks.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:35 AM
why not you go to this address,

www.rsone.com.my

or email them at info@rsone.com.my

try looking for Jeff, then you mention my name (Rahman Omar), i'm sure they'll help you to solve your problem.

good hunting......

Old 04-27-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I know that Eibach is looking to produce Springs / Sway Bars for our cars. Not to mention Vogtland is looking for a Fit in Socal that it can use for R*D on springs/shocks.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Wow, thats a great price on the SS coilovers!

Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Is Super Wagon compatible with tein's EDFC?

Old 05-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
man i need help finding springs someone please! and i mean please help me i called tein usa nothing someone that can lend a hand please pm some info or post thanx

--arturo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread