Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by tonyrace_41
Is Super Wagon compatible with tein's EDFC?
Yes, TEIN Super Wagon is compatible with EDFC. I had them installed in my car for the car show.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Oh... Transport Show? The black Spec-D Fit? nice ride...

Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by tonyrace_41
Oh... Transport Show? The black Spec-D Fit? nice ride...
Yep, black Jazz/Fit Mugen Spec-D body kit. Tnx for the compliment. Will also be joining the May 19 show in World Trade Center, this time with Sounds set up.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
so where can i order the spoon coilovers from? hehe

Old 05-03-2006, 02:21 AM
I'll try to watch the show... try to attend our GD United meetings during thursday night.:-)
My Fit will be done by June... Then that's the time that I will attend GD United meetings. . .

Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
nice info on the suspension

Old 05-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I got some 17s now, how much do you think I could lower the car w/ out any rubbing?

Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I got some 17s now, how much do you think I could lower the car w/ out any rubbing?
It will depends on the offset of the mag wheels and the dimension of your tires... The tires must be 205/40R17 so that there will be no rubbing on the rear fenders.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
I'd like to confirm...all these springs and coilover systems will work with thw 2007 Fit USA version? If so what are the best sources for purchasing in the USA?

Thanks in advance,
Puma

Old 05-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by puma1824
I'd like to confirm...all these springs and coilover systems will work with thw 2007 Fit USA version? If so what are the best sources for purchasing in the USA?

Thanks in advance,
Puma
nah they wont work just the t1r coils and spring from aj-racing.com

Old 05-27-2006, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
nah they wont work just the t1r coils and spring from aj-racing.com
Just these? TIR from aj-racing.com

and I'm assuming these too:

That kinda sucks.

Last edited by puma1824; 05-27-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Talk to JRZ (JRZ USA) Suspension Engineering about the Fit and lack of USDM support. They seems interested. Please provide feedback on their site...maybe...we may see a nice set from a traditionally race only manufacturer.

Link to feedback site:
http://www.jrzusa.net/feedback

Link to FitFreak thread started for more exposure:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/5612-tell-jrz-jrz-suspension-engineering-your-dreams.html

I'd love to convert to coilovers I may have to just spring (no pun intended) for the T1Rs.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
GD1
http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_P...nt_2/index.php

Not listed yet, cause its available for GD1.
Contact your local dealer

Old 06-16-2006, 09:34 PM
anyone have springs that fit na model in stock in north america? I want to lower this thing! and anyone have any info on the tein wagon's amd when they might be available?

Last edited by brainfood; 06-16-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Lowering?!

Well, I have put Eibach Sport springs on my Accord Coupe and it really changed the way the car handles. I also have Honda 17's and Proxes T4 tires @ 215-50's if I remember correctly.
My blue FIT is really stiff probably because of the 21mm front lower anti-sway bar and torshion rear suspension. I really like the way the stock suspension works as I can take corners as well as my lowered Accord.
I bought the basic FIT and have only added the 195 55 X 15's with Dunlops and FIT Sport wheels. My son (works for Honda dealer) got me the above take-off's at a good price.... no NOT the $86 per tire and $365 per wheel. Much less, but I can't tell
Anything larger than a 16 or 17 would be much too much and @ 17's you are limited here in the US at performance tires only... at least what I can afford. As it is the Proxes only last about 25000! And even at dealer cost they are expensive.
I use the car for fun driving, utility (I surprise everyone with what can be FIT in the back), mpg and around town. And I am finding that I am neglecting my MODified Accord. But it is a much more powerful car with great (32mpg) highway milage even @ 85 mph.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys Eibach took my car in today and I should get it back tomorrow with the prototype Pro-Kit installed. When I talked to the R&D guys they said they have another Fit that will test fit the Sportline kit.

Here are the drop rates for the kits:

Prokit ~ 1.5"
Sportline ~ 2.0"

For those that have seen pics of my car the drop is with the Prokit height. They said the production model might be a TAD lower. Here is a pic for reference:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

hope this helps!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Master FitFreaker
hey guys I just checked kingmotorsport and they say the mugen coils wikll fit on our NA FIT.... just hope they r rite.....
can someone comfirm that they will fit cuz mugen coils look like they r made for the JDM version

Old 07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
hey guys I just checked kingmotorsport and they say the mugen coils wikll fit on our NA FIT.... just hope they r rite.....
can someone comfirm that they will fit cuz mugen coils look like they r made for the JDM version
I can tell you that the Mugen suspension kit (shocks and springs) will not fit the NADM Fit without modifications.

I had a set installed on the weekend and as I already knew, 4 bolt holes on the front shocks had to be widened to 19mm. The JDM/EDM Jazz/Fit uses a 17mm bolt.

What I also found out was that the rear shock bushing is not as wide as the stock NADM shock, so I had to use a couple of washers to fill in the gap.

I haven't driven very far on them yet, so can't really give an overall impression. I'll hopefully take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow to show the drop.

BTW, i'm not sure what King is doing putting that list up on their site. I emailed them in regards to the shocks, seat covers and dual rear silencer fitment and no one ever emailed me back.

(I asked if the seat covers had taken the side air bags, rear centre headrest into consideration, dual rear silencer states that it needs the Professional rear bumper to fit, but they don't offer that for sale....)

Old 07-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by Yuf
I can tell you that the Mugen suspension kit (shocks and springs) will not fit the NADM Fit without modifications.

I had a set installed on the weekend and as I already knew, 4 bolt holes on the front shocks had to be widened to 19mm. The JDM/EDM Jazz/Fit uses a 17mm bolt.

What I also found out was that the rear shock bushing is not as wide as the stock NADM shock, so I had to use a couple of washers to fill in the gap.

I haven't driven very far on them yet, so can't really give an overall impression. I'll hopefully take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow to show the drop.

BTW, i'm not sure what King is doing putting that list up on their site. I emailed them in regards to the shocks, seat covers and dual rear silencer fitment and no one ever emailed me back.

(I asked if the seat covers had taken the side air bags, rear centre headrest into consideration, dual rear silencer states that it needs the Professional rear bumper to fit, but they don't offer that for sale....)
thanks for the infos bro...... I guess I will have to call them

Old 07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Here's my car lowered on Mugen Sport Suspension:

Last edited by Mugen_Dom; 07-24-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread