Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Aftermarket Brake Pads ???

Old 06-01-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket Brake Pads ???

Does anyone know if there is some aftermarket, non oem,
performance brake pads out there now ??? Looking at Hawk
or PBR (Axxis) but nada

Maybe some JDM pads

Thanks,
Philippe

Old 06-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I did a search with Endless Japan and found out they make pads for both front and rear (four wheel disc)
wrote down the part numbers just need to find them and pass it on.

UPDATE:
Found it again on the Endless Site

Front Pad is EP288, and the have from the VN95 up to the CCX
Rear Pad (four wheel disc) is EP210

Not sure if the ES520 is the shoe for the rear drums.

MAybe someone could enlighten the difference between the EP and ES part number designations

Last edited by Appleton21; 06-02-2006 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Updating
Old 06-02-2006, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
thanks,

Philippe

Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
I was just emailing a PBR/Axxis Ultimate dealer today about pads for the FIT. He couldn't find a listing, but said that if I could get a FMSI # he could try searching using that. When asked what a FMSI # is he replied...

Its like the international recognized brake pad ID #. All pad manufacturers usually cross refference this #. I have no idea how you'd get it for your car, but I could tell for sure if the pads are out yet if I had that #.

So if there are pads out there, someone must have that #. Anyone mind sharing?

Old 06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
free bump...

I will email Hawk for the HPS pads...
Axxis Ultimate = dust storm

Old 06-02-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
I use Ultimates for the performance stopping power they provide for a street level car. Yes, they do dust a bit more than stock pads, but work much, much better and the dust washes right off when I wash the car.

As far as Hawk pads... when I was doing research, I found the binder that they use in some of their pads is acidic and can lead to pitting and marring on wheels. I decided to stay away from them for that reason.

Good luck.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kkim
I use Ultimates for the performance stopping power they provide for a street level car. Yes, they do dust a bit more than stock pads, but work much, much better and the dust washes right off when I wash the car.

As far as Hawk pads... when I was doing research, I found the binder that they use in some of their pads is acidic and can lead to pitting and marring on wheels. I decided to stay away from them for that reason.

Good luck.
Thanks, good to know...

Philippe

Old 06-17-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm using Mugen brake pads for my Jazz. Any EK (SOHC engine) brakes can fit into Jazz's calipers. There's Endless, Winmax, Spoon, Project Mu, Wedsport, Blitz, Glad, etc...

Old 06-17-2006, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyrace_41
I'm using Mugen brake pads for my Jazz. Any EK (SOHC engine) brakes can fit into Jazz's calipers. There's Endless, Winmax, Spoon, Project Mu, Wedsport, Blitz, Glad, etc...
Cool... Thanks for the info. I'll try test fitting some spare EK pads I have lying around to see if they'll work in the FIT calipers.

I used PBR Ultimate pads in my EK hatch and was very pleased with them, so if the same pads will fit, I'll know what to use.

Mahalo!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Cool... Thanks for the info. I'll try test fitting some spare EK pads I have lying around to see if they'll work in the FIT calipers.

I used PBR Ultimate pads in my EK hatch and was very pleased with them, so if the same pads will fit, I'll know what to use.

Mahalo!
Sorry to ask, but I am not good with all the letters . EK is a civic?

Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 PM
That is correct 96-00 civic

Old 10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Can anyone confirm that JDM brake pads will work with out NA Fits?

I've been told that they're different sizes and won't fit.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member

Mahalo!
Any update on the fitment...

Please advise

Old 10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
When I change my pads... I want BREMBRO system! Why not go all the way??

Old 11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phil_qc
Does anyone know if there is some aftermarket, non oem,
performance brake pads out there now ??? Looking at Hawk
or PBR (Axxis) but nada

Maybe some JDM pads

Thanks,
Philippe
ebc pads:
DP2891, DP3891

HAWK:
HB418F646

They are the same pads for the 1.7 up to 2005 civic, and the 2.0 civic SI 2003-2005 with 10.3in disc. So far this is the part# I found, but there should be many others, so please continue the research and share info please.

BTW, you can go to any pep boys or autozone etc. and buy some replacements to check the fitment, and then returne it and PRESTO!!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Carlos,

Have you test fitted that HB418? I couldn't find an FMSI# on the pad so I outlined it on some graph paper and it looks exactly like HB418 from Hawk's site. That pad is found by searching 05-06 civic hybrid sedan.

The usdm fit's front pads look like this:

Last edited by BoostLE; 11-30-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Just confirmed that the HB418 is the correct pad and mounted some Hawk HPS'. You can save yourself some embarrasment by asking for 2005 RSX Base pads instead of the Civic Hybrid The pepboys guy was wondering why I wanted track pads for my hybrid.

The only difference I could spot was that the OEM pads have angled cuts on the sides where the RSX pad is full thickness from edge to edge. Anyone know what these cuts are for? Noise?

Last edited by BoostLE; 11-30-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BoostLE
Just confirmed that the HB418 is the correct pad and mounted some Hawk HPS'. You can save yourself some embarrasment by asking for 2005 RSX Base pads instead of the Civic Hybrid The pepboys guy was wondering why I wanted track pads for my hybrid.

The only difference I could spot was that the OEM pads have angled cuts on the sides where the RSX pad is full thickness from edge to edge. Anyone know what these cuts are for? Noise?
I haven't tesfittet yet. Glad you made it. I check the aplications from a EBC aplication chart while I was looking for the greenstuff for the fit, and I realized it gives the same number for those cars It is the 10.3 in disc.

Anyway, ,How's the feeled difference with the hawks?

Please advise.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoostLE

I just put the Hawk HB418, it was so easy. just a 12mm bit and presto!

And, I ask for the 2005 RSX ones!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Brake Pads ???