Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Swift Sport Springs Review thread (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Swift Sport Springs Review thread (pics)

So I've had my Fit for a while but I do not post much. I decided to finally lower my car. I did a lot of research on what is out there for lowering spring choices.
It seems as though the Tanabe's seemed to be the most popular so I was going to buy those until I sat in one of my buddies cars with Tanabe's on there. They were just too damn bouncy for me especially for the 25mile commute I have every day to and from work. For some reason the road didnt have to be rough even smooth roads with slight hiccups were kind of bouncy to me. It might just be me but I'm really sensitive to weird oscillations.

And so I restarted my search for lowering springs.

I came across Swift Springs and obviously they are already well known in the motorsports but they also have nothing but good reviews for Evo's STI's and S2000's so I decided to look into them.

The first thing that I noticed that is that much like the stock springs the Swifts are also linnear springs, and that is pretty much what pulled the trigger for me.

So I purchased the set and this is how the springs looked compared to the Tanabe (again the Tanabe springs are taken off of google images)
Swifts
Name:  P1020207.jpg
Views: 3446
Size:  149.8 KB
Name:  P1020204.jpg
Views: 3461
Size:  215.4 KB
Tanabe (google images)
Name:  161jjvm.jpg
Views: 3370
Size:  224.8 KB

The coolest part about these springs is that there is rediculous amount of stroke in the springs. Now I dont know about the Tanabe's but the shocks will bind before the springs do.
Here is a picture of Tanabe's installed. Now I forgot to take pictures of the Swifts installed but I will take it and upload it and edit this thread later. But I'm sure you can see why the Swift's would have a lot more stroke than the Tanabe.
Name:  10017791mf7.jpg
Views: 3223
Size:  31.9 KB

and here are the pictures Fit
BEFORE
Name:  before.jpg
Views: 4254
Size:  76.4 KB

AFTER
Name:  after.jpg
Views: 4139
Size:  77.7 KB

The drop was just perfect for what I was looking for. In fact it is barely 2 finger length all around with the stock wheels. I compared it to my buddies Tanabe and the drop was almost identical.

As for the drive. This was the biggest impact that I could feel and I couldn't be happier. There is absolutely no bounciness. It is definitely slightly stiffer than stock, but stiffer wouldn't even be the word Im looking for. It would be firm. The ride is just really firm. The body roll was reduced and the car just felt much more planted. IMO this was exactly what I was looking for. Absolutely no bounciness that I found in the Tanabe's, in fact it was the opposite. I think it could be because of the progressive setup that Tanabe has but I can also be pulling that out of my a$$

I just wanted to say good job Swift, you have one happy customer here.

Anyone else on Swift Sport springs want to Chime in?

Last edited by Destructo; 08-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
O by the way I took that picture of the Tanabe from another thread on this board, just in case someone tries to get me for plagiarism or something.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Love my Swift springs, just wish the rear was an inch lower.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Love love love everything about the Swifts!!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
where did you guys get swift springs. im thinking about getting them.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine from evasivemotorsports.com

Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
I love my swift springs too. Buy your swift springs from eBay. I got mines there and it was a steal at $175 shipped. I don't work for the company I just feel that this is the ONLY best price anywhere. I do agree my car feels stiffer than stock and is much better taking turns. All I need now is some shocks and I'm all set. But even without replacing the shocks the springs itself is better than a lot of other brands which will give you the bounciness we all hate. The drop is truely perfect in the sense that I put 195/50/15 tires on my aftermarket wheels and I have a small fender gap in the front and a little bit more in the rear. When I saw this I was thinking to myself crap I am going to rub because if I make a quick U turn or hit a dip too hard I will scrape. But to my surprise none of that has happened. The only thing I rub is the front under skirt. I am super surprised that these springs are stiff enough to give you the performance you need without sacraficing daily driving.

Swift Sport Springs (Honda Fit 2007-2008) 4H912: eBay Motors (item 370346442332 end time Sep-04-10 08:29:47 PDT)

Last edited by danger69; 08-11-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Swift Sport Mach

Destructo: Nice setup and review...Thanks for sharing!
Anyone know where I can get a set for a 2010 Fit Sport at a deal price? The one on eBay is for 07-08 only. Will that work for 2010? TIA!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
No, you should get the 09-10 specific ones.

I got mine at Evasivemotorsports.com for like $254 shipped.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...de=SWIFT-4H021

Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Thanks, any idea what it would cost for installation? I'm also assuming alignment would be needed.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Install can be done by yourself. But honestly I think your looking at about 100-150.
And they can be purchased at any of these guys
Swift Springs USA

I got mine from Kami Speed.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I have owned these springs for a few weeks now and they are still top notch. The springs absolutely do not sag. And the ride is very nice and firm.

My buddy is now going to switch them over the Swifts as well. Should be interesting to see the differences with a car with higher mileage. I wanted to see if maybe it might be the shocks.

Anyways here are a couple of links that helped me make my decision on these springs as a whole
How to Finally Get Performance Out of Your KW Coilovers - E46Fanatics
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...gs-dynoed.html

Old 08-18-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Destructo
I have owned these springs for a few weeks now and they are still top notch. The springs absolutely do not sag. And the ride is very nice and firm.
I want to hear how much sag you notice once they are on for about 15k.
Always curious how 3rd party equipment holds up verses stock.

I've been wanting something to reduce the vertical movement I've been experiencing with the stock setup I have. I have close to 78,000k and the ride just feels like the suspension isn't doing it's job right anymore.

Would you say the ride is improved over stock? Body movement is suppressed?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
A tad over $400 here in Canada from Evo in BC. Install done at my local Dodge dealer for $96.

I love them. Adele had convinced me to get them.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by GoFits
I want to hear how much sag you notice once they are on for about 15k.
Always curious how 3rd party equipment holds up verses stock.

I've been wanting something to reduce the vertical movement I've been experiencing with the stock setup I have. I have close to 78,000k and the ride just feels like the suspension isn't doing it's job right anymore.

Would you say the ride is improved over stock? Body movement is suppressed?
I have experienced all kinds of sagging issues with Eibach and H&R before. I'm not really sure about sag issues with Tanabe's but Im sure they are fairly decent. I do know that Swift claims they absolutely do not sag. And any kind of sagging issues will be warranted. I spoke to them before and they have told me that they do not ever get springs returned from the sport compact market. They do end up sagging with circle track racers though.

As I said in my first post that these springs are a linnear setup and so from static height I am already at the spring rate that is claimed by Swift. So yes the ride is much much firmer. It is not uncomfortable at all, but just much firmer. I will remeasure at 15k miles though but I am sure there are people out there that have had these springs on for much longer than I have.

If you would like an answer to your question "Is the ride improved over stock?" Then my answer is easily yes. The only real comparison I had is with Tanabe. But I and a few others can confirm that it rides better than Tanabe in both comfort (not bouncy at all) and performance (no where near as much roll)

Again if you take a look at this thread in the BMW forum, he talks a tad bit about sag of these springs.
How to Finally Get Performance Out of Your KW Coilovers - E46Fanatics

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Bought and installed the Swift Sport Mach for my '10 FIT Sport. You could definitely feel the difference from stock. The ride is much firmer but not bouncy. It corners better with less roll and the car feels more planted to the asphalt IMO. I think a much better and a bit wider tires would better offset this setup too. I'll report back after a few hundred miles on it; all in all am happy with Swift!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Swift Sport Mach springs and lighter wheels and tires changes the Fit into a much more refined and sporty feeling car.... The handling characteristics are changed from being an under steering little econobox feel with wallowing body roll in the rear end into an almost European touring car type ride with a neutral balanced feel in fast turns and high speed curves and an absence of body roll and feeling of looseness in the rear when making quick changes in direction.... I recently found out that sticky tires might be a good thing to consider with such neutral handling at high speed through a curve on slick but dry pavement. Once the tires are pushed beyond their ability to adhere to pavement the front and rear tires break loose at the same time. That is what occurred at a speed that that the car would not been capable of with stock springs without under steering severely followed by over steer if my foot had been lifted from the accelerator.... Not any FWD cars I have owned or driven were capable of a 4 wheel drift but the old early 80s VW Pickup would do so beautifully, sometimes on 2 wheels.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Finally took a picture and uploaded it.
Here is the Tanabe rear spring installed and on the ground
Name:  10017791mf7.jpg
Views: 3229
Size:  31.9 KB

Here is the Swift
Name:  IMG_8396.jpg
Views: 3255
Size:  73.8 KB

Shows you a little something about the amount of stroke on it.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the great write-up. Seems like a win-win for these springs...

Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
They most def are. Im thinking about taking it to the track and seeing how that goes.

Quick Reply: Swift Sport Springs Review thread (pics)