Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Great Springs for a budget.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Great Springs for a budget.

Just wanted to post that recently I bought springs gor my 07 Fit. I would love to have the money to put coilovers on my car but my budget just wont allow it so I went with Springs. I know what your thinking when I say i bought them from Ebay but I did do alittle research. I bought the m2 performance lowering springs that were a 2.0 inch drop. I found an article in Car and Driver mag and there was a write up on the company and there products. they got really good reviews. As for my car, I love them. makes the car look really good and they handle great. I even had 9 bags of mulch in the back and they did not bottom out. I hope this helps anyone on a budget or trying to save money and wanting to lower your fit.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm still researching but Coils are a little out of my budget as well.I've pretty much narrowed it down to Tein S techs, Swifts, Tanabe NF210 but It's good to have other options.

I'm not new to this and realize I may shorten the life of the stock dampers but thats ok.I hate that we don't have many options for struts.

for my use coils are still to expensive so like you I'll go with a good set of springs and mild drop.Thanks for the good info

Last edited by zilla8; 05-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
I'm still researching but Coils are a little out of my budget as well.I've pretty much narrowed it down to Tein S techs, Swifts, Tanabe NF210 but It's good to have other options.

I'm not new to this and realize I may shorten the life of the stock dampers but thats ok.I hate that we don't have many options for shocks.

for my use coils are still to expensive so like you I'll go with a good set of springs and mild drop.Thanks for the good info
The springs you mentioned did not give the amount of lowering I wanted. M2 springs were the only 2 inch drops I could find. The rest are 1.5 and 1.8. I recommend the m2 performance springs. They were 99.00 shipped

Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Wow that is cheap glad you found the right springs for your 2" drop I bet it looks good.

The roads here in L.A. are the worst and I would tear my car apart with a more aggressive drop like yours.I'm good with 1" to 1.5 or so along with a light weight wheel and sticky tire.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
That sounds like its gonna destroy your struts. Maybe there is a reason none of the reputable companies drop that low.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
That sounds like its gonna destroy your struts. Maybe there is a reason none of the reputable companies drop that low.

I was going to say this.

OP I'm glad you got what you were looking for for the price you wanted, please let us know how it goes with the springs as time passes. I am hoping that they work well for you and won't blow your struts very quickly.

I do wish they offered at least a mild performance strut (Tokico HP even) that would deal better with a 2-2.25" drop. I am hoping they come out with something before mine go out, I don't want to pay for KYB or OEM.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 AM
I have been a Honda Tech for 11 years and have lowered my cars on springs and on stock struts and have never blown any. Delaware roads are not bad and im not putting the car on the track so for everyday driving, 2.0 inches is nothing on stock suspension. For everyday driving stock honda struts are more than enough for 2.0 drop

Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
The way I see it with springs are, before you decide on the budget on springs, I'd consider what kind of stance you want. When it comes to suspension, I wouldn't bet on just the price on the springs. What if the drop isn't what you're looking for, but the price is right? What if after you install it, it doesn't look too great, even though they springs may be a very good price?

I don't know about you, but if it was me, I would buy the right springs with the ride stiffness or comfort along with the preferred height. It's sort of like picking a pair of shoes to wear. You wouldn't just buy them because they are cheap, you looking for the comfort and the aesthetics part of them.

T1R springs are great in this case. Drop is not too low, and DD is very comfortable. Definately something to consider as they are currently on special right now too.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR