Fit Modifications: Post Your Experience/Opinion!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Hi there!

Just waiting for a set of IK22 to see what effect (if any) on my iDSI.
Meanwhile I stared at an offer for CP Pistons L15A Fit Jazz 73.0mm Bore 9.0 Compression.

Given the bore is exactly the same between all iDSI and VTEC was wondering whether exchanging pistons would mechanically be a feasible option. In that case I bet one should change injectors (simple) and ECU tuning. Is there a DIY guide to tune the Honda Jazz/Fit with AEM F/IC?

Last edited by jazzista; 04-02-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: I learned something meanwhile...
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
The "K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake" system is the only one on the market that makes you completely disassemble the whole system just to clean or change out the filter. Even the Chinese-made knock-off SRI's selling for $50.00 on eBAy don't make you do that to clean the filter. For K&N's retail price on their SRI, all of the others work and fit better. There are two LONG threads in fitfreak archives with all the proof and photos you could ask for. Use "K&N" with the "search" tab at the top of the page.........
Is this for the GD or GE

Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazzista
Hi there!

Just waiting for a set of IK22 to see what effect (if any) on my iDSI.
Meanwhile I stared at an offer for CP Pistons L15A Fit Jazz 73.0mm Bore 9.0 Compression.

Given the bore is exactly the same between all iDSI and VTEC was wondering whether exchanging pistons would mechanically be a feasible option. In that case I bet one should change injectors (simple) and ECU tuning. Is there a DIY guide to tune the Honda Jazz/Fit with AEM F/IC?
i talked to the kw people, and they basically told me that if you don't mostly drive your gd in autox etc, to stick with the stock heat range... with cams it might be a different story, but the combustion chamber needs to be in a heat window (not too hot/cold) and our n/a engines don't produce enough power to warrant going to a colder plug...

Old 07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
You live and learn, the more experience you have, the more you realize there are some things that aren't necessary or are generally poor products.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Scott,
thank you, it would be interesting to have a look at effective combustion chamber temperature. With my old i-DSI actual spark configuration counts 4 IK20 and 4 IK22, so it's a sort of mix.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Is this for the GD or GE
I've got the Typhoon on my GD...and yes, you have to disassemble everything to clean the filter…but it only takes a few minutes. I wouldn’t go back to stock. I’ve even sold my stock air box here on FitFreaks. One note: the intake noise significantly increases with this mod. The car sounds like a bike when you’re on the gas.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Just noticed this thread. I have the Skunk2 50mm exhaust. My experience:

It was LOUD in the cabin without the silencer until I got my T1R header. With the header, it's a little louder than stock without the silencer, especially around 2000 RPM. With the silencer, it's about as quiet as stock.

Power-wise, I didn't notice any increase until after VTEC with the exhaust alone. After adding the header and T1R intake, it's noticeable all through the power band, but most dramatic up top.

T1R carbon fiber intake: by itself, don't expect much power. I got a small fuel economy improvement, probably since it's a warm air intake.

All together, my intake/header/exhaust combo makes enough extra power to notice, without being too loud.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 AM
very informative post. wish if i could add something too. but learnt a lot.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Great thread.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by gloryhound
i would like to add that aftermarket pinstripes do not add whp whatsoever!

i have dyno runs to prove it
haha, classic!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Long time no comments on this thread, and I'm all for sharing experience whether it be good or bad so here we go..

I/H/E - DC Sports
I upgrade to a SRI, ceramic headers, and full cat-back all from DC Sports and I must say I'm impressed. All of the parts were easy to install, all came with correct hardware, and even the 02 sensors were in the correct spots lol. I installed the parts at different times and I could feel the benefits from each part. The combination made the exhaust a bit louder then I had expected, so I actually put in a silencer since it's my DD.. That much exhaust noise at 6:30am was just too much lol

Rims/suspension - Konig/Hankook/Eibach/DC Sports
I replaced my stock rims/tires with a set of Konig Feathers and Hankook Ventus V2 tires, they are much lighter and quieter then my stock rims/tires. They definitely have a better grip in dry and wet, thy weren't rated all that great for snow but I'll have my stock rims/tires back on for snow weather so it didn't matter.

I went with eibach springs because I've had them on previous civics and loved the feel/look. Plus I know eibach makes quality products so I had no hesitation picking them up for this car. The ride is a bit stiff, but it' what you would expect out of lowering springs and the cornering was definitely improved.

I installed a DC Sports front tower strut bar, I hadn't heard much about it but since I liked what I've installed from them so far I figured I would give it a shot. I must say it's a bit bulky but very stiff and I can feel the difference taking jug-handles and parkway exits. I took an exit the other day that I previously wouldn't have taken doing more then 30mph and I took it at 50mph with out blinking an eye, so I'm definitely impressed with the total setup.

Mods for looks
I did the customary pedals, shift boot, shifter, head unit and speakers swap along with mugen-styled window vents, a mugen oil cap, CF valve cover, CF short antenna, JDM passenger side visor (it has a mirror), and JDM tails with LEDs. None of it is "required" but it shows off my personality and I'll be damned if I ever own a car with stock radio/speakers lol.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
I used to run DC Short Rams on all my 90's civics. I loved the note and gains they gave. Does their sri come with a dry filter now?

Old 11-01-2015, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
The DC CAI and short ram both come with dry filters, had 0 issues with either.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, I think Fits have potential. The 2015 Fits have a lot of potential, with it's DOHC engine. I'm very excited toying with it. My sights are on the Honda Civic Si, Ford Fiesta ST, Abarth 500 and Mini Cooper SS in straight line power while getting 45mpg+ on the highway.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 11-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.