FIT-Vendor Sponsored Group Buys and Sales Organize group buys to get discounts. Only Forum Sponsors may post group buys in this sub-forum. Forum Sponsors will have "FIT Vendors" in their user title and have gone through a screening process by FIT Freak staff.

Clazzio Seat Cover for Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by '12Fit
Curious, for those who have these covers does it make the seats more comfortable? Currently my seats put a lot of pressure on my thighs, I wonder if the covers help with that at all.
Here's a small review I posted: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1073202

If you scroll down from the post, there's a few more pictures as well.

They'll definitely make the seats more comfortable to sit in. After I installed my Clazzio's, any pressure points I was feeling were gone. There's a fair amount of padding in the covers. After I installed the front seat and sat in it, I was amazed by the difference.

They make the interior look great as well! Clazzio's are my favorite addition to date.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 03-30-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 04-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Just ordered a set. Black on black with light gray stitching. Can't wait to get them!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
^we are seat twins!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I have the same set coming this week.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
I'm entering week 13 of my wait for the custom colors, and it finally hit the states, but is being held by US Customs for who knows how long... Hopefully it's not going to be long now.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by komafit
I'm entering week 13 of my wait for the custom colors, and it finally hit the states, but is being held by US Customs for who knows how long... Hopefully it's not going to be long now.
We had a similar problem around this time last year. Thanks for your patience!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone live near NJ who some covers installed? I would like to see this person. I am interested , but I personally do not like all the lines on the center back and bottom of the seat. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Also, does anyone have pics of suede covers? No way I'm getting leather without heat, since the winters here are very cold.

And one last thing, out of curiosity, how much those the box of leather weigh?

Thanks for all replies

Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
I am interested , but I personally do not like all the lines on the center back and bottom of the seat. Just doesn't appeal to me.

And one last thing, out of curiosity, how much those the box of leather weigh?

Thanks for all replies
Lines as in stitching?

I believe it's roughly 25 pounds for all PVC.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Lines as in stitching?

I believe it's roughly 25 pounds for all PVC.
Yea, mine finally shipped out yesterday, and the tracking number says 25 lbs. Too bad it's supposed to be delivered on Monday and I'm going to be gone the entire week. Gotta figure out what UPS can do for me...

Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by komafit
Yea, mine finally shipped out yesterday, and the tracking number says 25 lbs. Too bad it's supposed to be delivered on Monday and I'm going to be gone the entire week. Gotta figure out what UPS can do for me...

Go online or call them they can hold it rather than try to deliver 3 times then return it to the sender. Or you might be able to authorize someone to pick it up for you at the UPS station.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
hey Spencer I'M SOLD on these seat covers! (damn you 2012fitfan!, great post with your pics btw ) I was wondering if there is a package deal if I was to purchased the all pvc seat covers + Zeta products storage armrest for a 2010 honda fit sport?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yurpleFITTED
hey Spencer I'M SOLD on these seat covers! (damn you 2012fitfan!, great post with your pics btw )
Sorry.

Send your request to Spencer via PM. He's truly the best and as professional as you can get.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by yurpleFITTED
hey Spencer I'M SOLD on these seat covers! (damn you 2012fitfan!, great post with your pics btw ) I was wondering if there is a package deal if I was to purchased the all pvc seat covers + Zeta products storage armrest for a 2010 honda fit sport?
Sure thing! And 2012fitfan can be quite the salesperson! That's what happens when you have a product as good as this

E-mail me at spencer@beangarage.com for information about a package discount

Thanks!
Spencer

Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Clazzio PVC seats looks phenomenal and I was about to order one for my FIT until I read this article regarding PVC material out-gassing affects your health. You might consider leather option.

http://www.consumer.org.my/index.php...as-poisons]PVC plastic products outgas poisons

It's one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created. It’s dangerous to human health and the environment at every stage of its lifecycle: from production, to use, to disposal, yet it’s the most widely used material on earth. Beware of PVC, the Poison Plastic.

Did you know: Most plastics are made from petroleum (oil or natural gas) and plastics can contain a whole host of chemical additives that are never labelled that can be toxic to animals and humans. PVC is one such toxin-laden plastic.

The additives are not chemically bonded to the PVC polymer but are merely mixed into the plastic during its formulation. Over time, they leach out of vinyl products, entering the air, water or other liquids with which the product comes in contact.
Studies show that some toxins in plastics are building up in humans and that some of us may be experiencing serious health effects as a result.

Besides that, toxic manufacturing byproducts like dioxin (the most potent carcinogen known to science), hydrochloric acid and vinyl chloride are unavoidably created in the production of PVC and can cause severe health problems like cancer, endometriosis, neurological damage, immune system damage, respiratory problems, liver and kidney failure, and birth defects.

The chemical substances produced by PVC during its entire lifecycle are already present in global, local, and workplace environments at unacceptably high levels. Yet there is little public awareness of its adverse health and environmental effects.

PVC is an unnecessary toxic plastic. Although found in a wide variety of products — from food packaging to children’s toys, plumbing and building materials to medical devices — in every case alternatives to it exist.

Here’s what you should know about PVC, a largely unrealised public health menace.

PVC: The Poison Plastic

EVER wondered why your new car; plastic shower cap, curtain or tote bag; or your baby’s new toy has an offensive smell for days, even months? There’s more to that “new” smell than you think. That whiff of bad air you get is from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) — one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created on earth — which is present in these and many other consumer products we use daily.

PVC products stink because they contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These are poisonous carbon-containing chemicals that are volatile enough to evaporate at room temperature. This process, called outgassing, is also a problem with building products such as plywood, particleboard, carpet and pads, paints, stains and glues.

Outgassing odours are most noticeable when products are new, but diminish over time until they finally disappear. A shower curtain can outgas for a month or longer, for example, depending on conditions. High temperature and humidity will speed up the release of VOCs.

VOCs can be toxic. Most commonly they irritate eyes, noses and throats, causing coughing, headaches, dizziness and nausea. The symptoms go away when outgassing ceases.

But the danger doesn’t stop there. Did you know: From the time it is manufactured right up to its disposal, PVC keeps on releasing dangerous chemicals that can cause cancer, making it the worst plastic for our health and the environment.

What is PVC?

Polyvinyl chloride, commonly known as PVC or vinyl, is one of the most common synthetic materials. It’s widely used in construction materials (eg: pipes and fittings, windows, flooring, fencing, decking, roofing, wall coverings, wire and cable products), transport and packaging materials, medical supplies, and consumer products (eg: credit cards and toys).

PVC use has grown rapidly since World War II, when it gained popularity as a rubber substitute. PVC is presently the second most widely used plastic in the world. And it’s one of today’s most dangerous toxic offenders. It cannot be recycled, and it is considered by many experts to be the most dangerous, carcinogenic plastic ever created by man.

Why It’s Dangerous

PVC is dangerous to human health and the environment throughout its entire life cycle — at the factory, in our homes, and in the trash.? Its manufacture, product life and disposal all pose great environmental and health hazards.

The dangers of PVC are from the persistent pollutants it releases and the toxic additives used to produce PVC products.

What it contains: PVC is the only common plastic that contains chlorine. Although the plastics industry likes to point out that chlorine comes from ordinary salt, chlorine is actually listed by the US federal government as an “extremely hazardous substance”. Vinyl chloride, the building block of PVC, can cause cancer in humans, according to the US government’s National Toxicology Program.

PVC products also often contain dangerous toxic additives such as mercury, dioxins, lead and phthalates (used as softeners) which can leach out and pose dangers to consumers.

Lead, for example, can damage the brain and nervous system and cause behaviour, learning and developmental disabilities.

Phthalates are additives widely used in the production of PVC to make it soft and flexible. Phthalates have been associated with an increased risk of cancer and kidney and liver damage.

Exposure to phthalates has also been linked with premature births, early puberty in girls, impaired sperm quality and sperm damage in men, genital defects, and reduced testosterone production in boys.

Many of the chemicals are thought to interfere with the reproductive system and development.

When produced or burned, PVC plastic releases dioxins, a group of the most potent synthetic chemicals ever tested, which can cause cancer (dioxin is the most potent carcinogen known to science) and harm the immune and reproductive systems.

Dioxins are extremely long-lived in the environment, and, because they are fat-soluble, they concentrate in the tissues of humans and other species.

When used, PVC products pose health risks. Many of the toxic additives in PVC can be released from PVC products when they are used or handled by consumers. PVC products also release toxic fumes if they catch fire.

Widely Used

The vast majority of PVC manufactured is used in the production of building materials, however it’s also used in many other consumer products such as children’s toys, baby’s shampoo bottles, office supplies and packaging and thousands of other products, including medical products.

A Persistent Threat

PVC harms all who come in contact with it — from workers making the products, communities located near PVC manufacturing plants, and consumers purchasing them, and to those living near landfills and incinerators where the products are discarded.

PVC uses and releases highly hazardous chemicals including vinyl chloride, dioxins, mercury, phthalates, and other chemicals that have been linked to deterioration of the central nervous system, liver damage, reproductive harm, and certain cancers.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
To long to read

Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Wow. I did not know this about PVC. That's some crazy $hit.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Here's a short version.

PVC is dangerous to human health and the environment throughout its entire life cycle — at the factory, in our homes, and in the trash.? Its manufacture, product life and disposal all pose great environmental and health hazards.

The dangers of PVC are from the persistent pollutants it releases and the toxic additives used to produce PVC products.

What it contains: PVC is the only common plastic that contains chlorine. Although the plastics industry likes to point out that chlorine comes from ordinary salt, chlorine is actually listed by the US federal government as an “extremely hazardous substance”. Vinyl chloride, the building block of PVC, can cause cancer in humans, according to the US government’s National Toxicology Program.

PVC products also often contain dangerous toxic additives such as mercury, dioxins, lead and phthalates (used as softeners) which can leach out and pose dangers to consumers.

Lead, for example, can damage the brain and nervous system and cause behaviour, learning and developmental disabilities.

Phthalates are additives widely used in the production of PVC to make it soft and flexible. Phthalates have been associated with an increased risk of cancer and kidney and liver damage.

Exposure to phthalates has also been linked with premature births, early puberty in girls, impaired sperm quality and sperm damage in men, genital defects, and reduced testosterone production in boys.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Might as well give up just about any product you own, including your current vehicle. Just about everything we buy and the materials that are used to produce them is considered a health hazard. Could be the cloths on your back or the foods that you eat, etc.

By the way, the leather Clazzio's are mostly PVC anyway.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PhitAzz
Here's a short version.
Cut n paste doesn't promote critical thinking skills.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Too lazy to read promotes critical thinking?

Quick Reply: Clazzio Seat Cover for Honda Fit