Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Pirelli tires are great!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Pirelli tires are great!

Just wanted to add a little report on the Pirelli tires I just put on my Honda Fit Sport 2013. The stock tires were Dunlops and at 27,500 miles, I decided to change the tires. Before with the Dunlops I had noticed that cornering was a little tough and when big semi trucks drive pass, the car would feel a bit unstable. Plus I read so many people on this forum saying they were bad.

I got the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus 205 / 50 /16 from Tread Depot. Took about a week to be delivered. Had them installed at the Honda dealership. You can order them from Tire Rack too.

In short, the mix of wider tire and better tire is really obvious. First thing is the Pirelli feel like they stick to the road a lot better. It changes how the car handles and steers, so it feels more firm. Also the tires are a lot quieter. I'm not sure if they break better.

Anyway, read all the reviews of tires and you'll see the Pirelli are quite good. I had considered the Michelin Premiere, but some people said they were loud, plus when I asked my friend who used to work at a tire store, he said they would definitely be loud because of the tire tread design. However, the Michelin design would likely be better in the rain than the Pirelli. I live in LA, so there isn't any worry for rain.

So if you need new tires, definitely get the Pirelli, they are very good. And to be honest, I'd even put Pirelli on a brand new Fit and just sell the stock tires. The stock ones are really no good compared to premium tires, and believe me it's like driving a whole different car.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
I have the P7 C... Plus on my Vibe. They are the best tire I have ever owned. Better than my Michelin Primacy MXV4. Extremely quiet and soft.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:17 AM
One thing my friend did tell me though was that the Michelin might last longer than the Pirelli. Would you agree with that? The Pirelli are the best tire I've ever owned, but not sure if they will truly last 70,000 as they are rated for...that's just insane lifespan. Michelin also rated at 70,000 miles too I think.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
I can't say. Mine are only a year old. All I can say from my last two sets of Michelin (Exaltos and MXV4s) is that they just made their mileage mark and both suffered from the traditional and kinda scary Michelin dry rot sidewall cracking. I've searched hi and low trying to find a better tire than Michelin and I now think I have, at a significant savings (online). The Pirelli P7 C.... Plus have been simply fantastic tires during this first year.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:40 AM
One thing to mention that is interesting is that my friend (tire store guy) also said about the warranty replacement on the Pirelli. If in fact they wear out very quick, then warranty will supply brand new tires if you can provide receipts and documentation of tire rotations and proper maintenance.

But I'm not sure how many people actually try to call tire companies bluff on the warranty. But regardless keep receipts for everything.