Looking for a honda fit to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Arrow Looking for a honda fit to buy

Hi people!

I am looking for a Honda Fit to buy in Florida. I am in Orlando, but I can go to other cities in the state.

I am looking for a nice honda fit under 120k miles, my maximum budget is around $4300.

If you want to sell yours, please contact me by private message with your offer! Or directly to my e-mail: dereckflorida@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2017, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
well, I would think that any owner on these pages would be crazy to sell their car. So I think you'd have much better luck searching craigslist, cars.com, cargurus, and maybe autotrader to find one reasonably close to you. I already saw that you posted a "want add" on Craigslist. Smart. With the release of the third generation, there are a lot of first and second generation Fits being sold. If you have not done so, sit and/or drive both of them to see which one you like better, and whether you can live with a base model or whether you need the added accutrements of the sport model. I think the 2012 model is when the extra sound insulation was added. Good luck and let us know how you do. Some of the "barn finds" make for great stories on these pages.

Edit: As long as you don't mind driving a stick, I'd grab that blue one in Orlando. It is a sport model and as long as it can be proven that it has never been in a wreck (reported as clean title), I'd grab this:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6011921924.html

I also found this on cargurus in your area, although I can't determine if it has ever had an accident. It is a bit higher in price than you want so you'd have to work over the dealer (ugh) to get it down where you want/need:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=167311330

And here's a first gen, sports model, due for a price drop:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=164946027

Last edited by BurntZ; 02-24-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BurntZ
I would think that any owner on these pages would be crazy to sell their car.
Why?
People decide sometimes to sell their cars or move on for any number of various reasons.
Just because you're an owner of a Fit and may frequent this site I don't think means you are any more apt to sell or less apt.

Plus for the OP?
It's free to post.
Not much to lose.
Get's good advice from you...and perhaps others...
and IF somebody reads his post and comes to him with a good deal?
That's a win.

I just bought mine. I'm probably at least several years away from either getting the new vehicle itch...or being forced by circumstance to make a move.

But if I had an older Honda Fit.....I might read what he is looking for, and think maybe it was a fair enough exchange...

Old 02-25-2017, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
^Exactly. Nothing wrong with casting a wide net.

Funny enough, I'm entertaining selling my '08 SSM 5MT GD3 Sport with 59k miles. Unfortunately I would like more than your top dollar for it, but hit me up if you find a pile of cash in the near future! BurntZ is right about driving a few and finding what your preferences are, don't buy the first car your butt touches. Good luck!