Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

KSport Rear Disc Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM
i have ksport coilovers for my fit, sitting in my living room they look really nice, i'll post my thoughts once i install them.

back on topic...thanks for all the replies guys! keep it up. i have nothing to hide, and neither does ksport. so, any info between myself and nick, i will certainly share here.

i think the difference here, is that ksport is in the biz of brakes. skunk really doesn't do much in that dept. so maybe it's not something they really want to take on afterall??

this really shouldn't be a big deal to get done. not like something like this hasn't been done already.

i'll keep everyone updated.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:06 AM
lol they should make a front brake kit also

Old 12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd definitely be in if they produce a kit at a reasonable price.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned
BUMP-
PM wgnths with your name and contact info. to be passed on to Ksport if you want this kit!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to clear somethings up here about the skunk2 kit. I spoke with Skunk2 this morning and they said the issue was the person they were dealing with (whoever was doing the group buy) was not backing up what they were doing. Skunk2 had said that the person didn't have the money or had enough people interested. They aren't tossing the kit but they said they would make it once the amount of orders were met and apparently whoever they were dealing with doesn't have what they promised to them ready.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in for the rear disc convesion kit, seems like Skunk2 is lagging on the process. If price is reasonable under $800 count me in.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:37 PM
from what i've heard, when doing a drum to disc conversion one of the problems you have to face is having to futz around with the brake bias. will the kit take this into account and leave it close to stock? or would i have to go changing parts throughout the braking system to make sure the rears aren't doing more braking than they ought to?

i'd definately be interested (the lack of rear discs is something i disliked about my fit from day 1) and i'm looking for something to spend my christmas bonus on!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kingoftheapex
from what i've heard, when doing a drum to disc conversion one of the problems you have to face is having to futz around with the brake bias. will the kit take this into account and leave it close to stock? or would i have to go changing parts throughout the braking system to make sure the rears aren't doing more braking than they ought to?

i'd definately be interested (the lack of rear discs is something i disliked about my fit from day 1) and i'm looking for something to spend my christmas bonus on!
The brake bias was covered in the old Skunk2 Group Buy thread. It won't be an issue with the Fit's braking system. Don't spend your bonus yet (but we don't know how soon, or for sure if, this system will go into production).

Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by kingoftheapex

For most peoples information rear drums are fine for braking power (just look at plenty of high HP domestics that use them) Drums just suck for working on them.

Either way keep ppl in formed on this I know fastbrakes sells a rear converison already.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned
Hocker,
Thanks for your input, but please try to remember that this thread concerns a group buy on a Ksport disc conversion kit with a proposed price of $650.00.

Those of us on the list know and don't care that rear disc brakes are not necessary. We don't need to know anything more about Skunk2 here because there is already a thread for the Skunk2 kit that has stalled, or been abandoned. This is about Ksport. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey no problems but this thread was started as a "im talking to a company and seeing if they will make this because skunk2 stopped."

The reply was to show skunk2 didn't stop but the person in charge here did not follow thru on what was said to get the kit done.

In regards to other kits I asked if the Ksport kit will include everything needed since Ksport hasn't even said they are making it. Just that they are looking into it. It is fair I think to make sure the kit is going to include everything needed.

Originally Posted by manxman
The brake bias was covered in the old Skunk2 Group Buy thread. It won't be an issue with the Fit's braking system. Don't spend your bonus yet (but we don't know how soon, or for sure if, this system will go into production).
Your telling people to ref whats in the skunk2 thread so you shouldn't say that people should talk about the skunk2 thread in this thread. This isn't the same product as skunk2 so why should peoples questions be relayed to that thread?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I just felt this thread was started because skunk2 wasn't going forward with theirs. It seemed people were on the skunk2 product until someone gave the wrong information and that is why this was started. So I felt inclined to contact skunk2 and find out what was going on. I won't mention another product in this thread I just wanted to state why I said what I said since it appears you took it personal or something.

I don't think it is a bad question to ask if this kit will include things it needs or people want.

I hope Ksport does make the kit and make it affordable. Keep everyone informed. I just hope this product doesn't have the same fate as the skunk2 one, where the person in charge of the group buy didn't follow thru so they stopped.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned
I agree completely with the spirit of your reply.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 AM
not follow thru with the group buy? i've proposed no group buy on anything. and i have no interest in setting one up. i started this thread because i was personally interested in a rear kit, skunk didnt seem to be responding, and it was mentioned they were possibly abandoning the project.

i can point out the differences here: i am good friends with the owner of ksport, i literally live down the street from ksport, i owned a performance shop that did biz with ksport. ksport approached me to see if there was real interest in a kit, i offered my car for as long as needed. they want to make the kit.

once this kit is finalized, it can be purchased thru ksport or their distributors. ksport is not asking for any monies from any members to get the project underway.

i want a rear kit, ksport builds kits, they are local to me, so i'll do my best to make sure they follow thru. i promise nothing at this point, or what exactly the kit will include until it's actually finished. i only offer what info i have so far, straight from ksport.

i plan on talking with them friday, to see how their schedule is looking.

thanks again guys, for your interest and pm's.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by wgnths
not follow thru with the group buy? i've proposed no group buy on anything. and i have no interest in setting one up. i started this thread because i was personally interested in a rear kit, skunk didnt seem to be responding, and it was mentioned they were possibly abandoning the project.

i can point out the differences here: i am good friends with the owner of ksport, i literally live down the street from ksport, i owned a performance shop that did biz with ksport. ksport approached me to see if there was real interest in a kit, i offered my car for as long as needed. they want to make the kit.

once this kit is finalized, it can be purchased thru ksport or their distributors. ksport is not asking for any monies from any members to get the project underway.

i want a rear kit, ksport builds kits, they are local to me, so i'll do my best to make sure they follow thru. i promise nothing at this point, or what exactly the kit will include until it's actually finished. i only offer what info i have so far, straight from ksport.

i plan on talking with them friday, to see how their schedule is looking.

thanks again guys, for your interest and pm's.
Based on our experience with the "other" project, your efforts seem like a more productive way to get an affordable kit made. There is much more interest in this than you would guess from the posts in this thread. Whatever manufacturer comes out with such a kit will have a very large customer base just with Fit owners. I am not trying to hijack your thread as I attempt to keep it in the forefront with repeated "bumps". Please let me know if Ksport has enough evidence of interest, at any time, that makes constant bumps unnecessary.

Member "Hocker" has an interest in Skunk2 from a business relationship, and feels that there is more to the Skunk2 story than has been shared with us in the "other" thread. But he, like the rest of us, has a strong personal interest in seeing a good brake kit become available. Also, once that happens, Hocker would like to sell the kits as a vendor through Panducky Motor Sports in FL.

I think that we all understand that you are not the "official organizer" of a group buy, and bear no responsibility for anything that either happens, or does not happen. Please let us know how any of us can help Ksport make the decision to proceed with the development of this kit.

Thanks a LOT for your efforts so far.

Dave

Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Retired Moderator
I suggest them not to do what Skunk did and make a batch just for a the people that signed up to buy one and then not know if they will keep making them..That was lame...But really the whole skunk deal was lame.

Tyler

Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Tell them.... "If you make it..... Fit owners will BUY it...!!!!"

Old 01-03-2008, 01:17 PM
i have no issues with skunk and what they do. if they make a kit, cool, if not bummer. seems strange they would only make enough to cover the people that give money. that will certainly not be the case here. as i said earlier, ksport already makes brake kits and this will be something added to their line-up, not a limited run.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by wgnths
i have no issues with skunk and what they do. if they make a kit, cool, if not bummer. seems strange they would only make enough to cover the people that give money. that will certainly not be the case here. as i said earlier, ksport already makes brake kits and this will be something added to their line-up, not a limited run.
Sweet!! Thats good to hear, ill be getting one in the future(if they make them).

Tyler

Old 01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned
To clarify the "brake bias" issue that brought about my past statement which brought about Hocker's challenge:

Some after-market rear disc brake conversions require balancing hydraulic pressure from the master cylinder between the front and rear brakes, by the use of an adjustable proportioning valve. According to information posted elsewhere, the Fit brake system does not require this. The kit for my old Bronco from Stainless Steel Brakes did not require the valve either. It would be the responsibility of any kit manufacturer, who wishes to avoid expensive warranty claims and/or liability suits, to provide all necessary hardware.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in for $650

Quick Reply: KSport Rear Disc Kit