Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

KSport Rear Disc Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i know, im just playin wit ya.. i cant afford that stuff right now...

Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
i know, im just playin wit ya.. i cant afford that stuff right now...
I know you from many of you past posts- didn't think that you were looking for trouble. Regarding brake kits, I have adopted the mind set of another, well regarded fitfreak. This member has some personal experience with low cost (from low quality) Chinese produced goods, that retail for outrageously high profits in the U.S. This member's friend made a surprise visit to the Chinese factory where the merchandise being marketed in the U.S. was made. The conditions that the children and elderly workers had to work in were so disgusting that the American marketer immediately stopped any further traffic in the very profitable products.

Rear drum brakes on off-road vehicles are dangerous. Drum brakes on race cars are ineffective and dangerous, so they aren't used. But on a Fit, they are just aesthetically offensive to me. So to avoid supporting slave labor by paying $650.-1500 for such things that probably cost about $50. or less to make in a slave labor "factory", I'll wait until there is an alternative.

I am adopting the mind set of some other fitfreaks as a strictly personal choice. Whether anyone else agrees and joins us or not, it is a matter of personal choice. Do anything you want- this is not a challenge to an argument.

Back to the topic: So far, three different group buy threads have produced ZERO results.

Last edited by manxman; 03-06-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I agree whole-heartedly, we should keep our slave labor here where it belongs.
Just kidding guys.
Manufacturing is what made this country strong and to give it away so we can slip and become a 3rd world country is just not acceptable. Sure a few have become wealthy in this process, but for the most part, it is killing our country.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
Wow! I expected flames (Noooo! I WANT my disc brakes- don't CARE if children deburr the bolt holes with their fingernails!!!!) Want 'em, Want 'em!

But you sir, are weird! (this is a j o k e).

BTW, a friend of mine owns Anderson Fence Co. and Anderson Paintball Supply in Porterville.

Last edited by manxman; 03-06-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Wow! I expected flames (Noooo! I WANT my disc brakes- don't CARE if children deburr the bolt holes with their fingernails!!!!) Want 'em, Want 'em!

But you sir, are weird! (this is a j o k e).

BTW, a friend of mine owns Anderson Fence Co. and Anderson Paintball Supply in Porterville.
not that it has anything to do with brakes but im from porterville.yay for me.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
not that it has anything to do with brakes but im from porterville.yay for me.
You would LIE about Bakersfield?? A patch of desert with oil wells is more glamorous? (Pulling your femur.....).

Last edited by manxman; 03-06-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Trust me, I didn't choose Porterville, it chose me.
I've been all over the country in the last 15 years (mostly thanks to Reaganomics) chasing work. I've been in the plastics industry for 30+ years and that was one of the first jobs to be off-shored.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned
BMan88-
Glad you saw that I was teasing. I am "allergic" to freeways and skyscrapers, so Bakersfield/Porterville are still better than downtown L.A. or S.F.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I agree whole-heartedly, we should keep our slave labor here where it belongs.

I agree tho.. its sad how our world works these days....
Once again, back on topic... What are our alternatives, if any?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX

I agree tho.. its sad how our world works these days....
Once again, back on topic... What are our alternatives, if any?

"Fastbrakes" priced at $850. (but probably same country of origin)????

Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
I emailed Fastbrakes to find out where their kit is made. I'll post the response.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I emailed Fastbrakes to find out where their kit is made. I'll post the response.
Thanks Matt. Forgive me for not quoting you in the above post on Fastbrakes.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Thanks Matt. Forgive me for not quoting you in the above post on Fastbrakes.
Quite ok!

I heard back from Fastbrakes. Here's what they said...

"We have the brackets made here, rotors are typically from China, they are
good quality parts. Rotors are based on a Nissan rotor with the 4x100 bolt
pattern put in them. Calipers are RSX. You will need a larger front rotor to maintain balance..."

I'm completely ok with that. Basically they are making the kit, but can't control where the rotors come from since they purchasing them...likely from a local autoparts store.

Now here's the question...their kit has a 11" rear rotor and they say the front needs to be upgraded to maintain balance. I can understand that since the front rotor is less than 11". What about the other kits? Fastbrakes has a front upgrade also, but this brake upgrade is getting pricey at that point.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Quite ok!

I heard back from Fastbrakes. Here's what they said...

"We have the brackets made here, rotors are typically from China, they are
good quality parts. Rotors are based on a Nissan rotor with the 4x100 bolt
pattern put in them. Calipers are RSX. You will need a larger front rotor to maintain balance..."

I'm completely ok with that. Basically they are making the kit, but can't control where the rotors come from since they purchasing them...likely from a local autoparts store.

Now here's the question...their kit has a 11" rear rotor and they say the front needs to be upgraded to maintain balance. I can understand that since the front rotor is less than 11". What about the other kits? Fastbrakes has a front upgrade also, but this brake upgrade is getting pricey at that point.
I agree on all counts. The group of members that I referred to earlier are doing individual research to find components from other Honda/Acura models that will fit. The only thing missing is a bolt-on caliper bracket to replace the drum brake back plate. Several people are exploring ways to make this piece new, out of raw material.

As much as I would like to put rear disc brakes on my Fit, I think it is ridiculous to have to increase the size of the front brakes JUST to keep the new rear ones from becoming dangerous due to their size and increased braking force. So, I will continue to wait for better offerings.

P.s. "Pissy Fitsters" using social conscience in their buying habits can't control all industrial commerce. I would forgive rotors coming from China if that is exactly what you would find in most parts stores. Would like to see Ksport and T1R at east make some effort to avoid slave labor practices in pursuit of profit.

P.S. There is new info. available on this subject on the T1R/AJ Racing Rear Disc Group buy thread.

Last edited by manxman; 03-07-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
hopefully get some good news soon!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Seem like they not working on the rear disc project anymore!! the post is dead, and no update forever!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Manx, call Brian at fastbrakes with your concerns. I'm sure you can get away with doing a rear upgrade. He was a little slow in doing my job last year but he is really great overall.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
any update

is there any update on the big brake kit because at the moment this seems to look like dead ends even in the future.