Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hal9000
One question that was asked at the beginning but still not answered is interference with the magic seats. With the added thickness and double map pockets have any of you experienced problems dropping your rear seats? With my Saab you had to remove the rear headrests or slide the front seats forward to drop the rears. That's one of the things I like about the Fit and don't want to lose that. Other than that I'm sold.
No problem with mine, the only time there is a problem is if the front seat back is leaned back too far, like when my son drives. Where I position the seat back I have no problem folding the back seats down (no I do not drive with the seat back straight up either)

Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
No problem with mine, the only time there is a problem is if the front seat back is leaned back too far, like when my son drives. Where I position the seat back I have no problem folding the back seats down (no I do not drive with the seat back straight up either)
That would be a problem even without the seatcovers, so it sounds like they do not effect the magic seats at all. good news.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
I can confirm that after installing the Clazzio covers on my 2009 Fit, there was no noticeable change in Magic Seat behavior at all. I always had to lean the seats fwd a little bit to fold the rears down... no change.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I don't recline my seat much so it doesn't look like there will be any problems...thanks everybody.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
hey RMS-Jeff...did u get my pm on these? i wanted to know how much is it w/ shipping to hawaii for a set in black suede insert and blue or gray stitching.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I had seen the red-stitched Honda accessories in other countries, but didn't know they were available in the U.S. via College Hills Honda:
Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2010 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

Looks like it would be perfect with the red-stitch black/black Clazzio.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Got my covers from Jeff last week and Im very pleased with them. Ive only installed the drivers side so far but I really like the look. I bought the black/leather with blue stitching.
Thanks Jeff for going out of your way to get them to me!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
tick tock tick tock... i want my seat covers already!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Hi there, I'm planning to order an all black all PVC with blue stitching seat cover and I was just wondering how much shipping would be to Canada. Also I will post up what my seats look like if there is any discrepancy between the US and Canada models. I did notice though I have an arm rest on the drivers side but its no the cargo arm rest, the one I have slides up and down and is attached to the driver's side seat.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Just replied to all the PMs. Sorry for the delays -_- Had a few things I had to take care of.

Any new questions that need answering?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
What do you have in stock?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by RMS-Jeff
Just replied to all the PMs. Sorry for the delays -_- Had a few things I had to take care of.

Any new questions that need answering?
This is the arm rest o my driver side seat. I want to order an all black all PVC with blue stitching so here is the pics, hopefully there shoudln't be any problems.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Jeff, could you reply to my PMs? I am anxious to order my black leather with blue stitching.

bill

Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Clazzio Seat Covers & Honda Cargo Cover

Has anyone ordered the Clazzio seat covers for a 2009 Fit who also has a Honda cargo cover with the rivet/snaps on the back of the seats? How do you compensate for these snaps? If you order a set, can you get either Reset Motor Sports or Bean Garage to order the seat covers from Clazzio with the holes in the right place so that rivets/snaps are exposed once the seat covers are installed.

Thanks.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BoroFit09er
Has anyone ordered the Clazzio seat covers for a 2009 Fit who also has a Honda cargo cover with the rivet/snaps on the back of the seats? How do you compensate for these snaps? If you order a set, can you get either Reset Motor Sports or Bean Garage to order the seat covers from Clazzio with the holes in the right place so that rivets/snaps are exposed once the seat covers are installed.

Thanks.
I hadn't thought about that, as I have the cargo cover.

But I'd guess the best bet would be to install the back seat cover. When you're pleased with the fit of the cover, draw an outline (don't cut) of center portion of the snap base. Remove the cover. Then have a grommet installed at each mark, that will clear the entire snap base.

This is a close up, step-by-step how-to with much smaller grommets, as used on a ladies top:
Cool Tools – Grommet Setter THE SEWING DIVAS sewing, design, fashion

Businesses that can install grommets may include leather working shops, marine shops, upholstery shops. You can buy your own grommet setter, but it's not something you would need regularly.

Again, you want the grommet large enough to clear the entire snap, you can bring the cargo cover in with you to be sure that the grommet is larger than that snap.

Otherwise, the snap won't snap! It will be partially blocked by the height of the grommet.

Then you will need to put the seat covers back on. And you will have to be especially careful, to NOT stress the holes.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
I had already thought of this...and posted a bit earlier.

I decided to install my cargo cover without the felt flap--I removed it and reinstalled the clips. There is only about a finger's width gap when the seats are back--and barely noticeable.

I had thought about the grommet method, but decided I wouldn't feel comfortable putting holes in my expensive new covers.

If you guys want pics, I'll be happy to take some...let me know...

Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I decided to install my cargo cover without the felt flap--I removed it and reinstalled the clips. There is only about a finger's width gap when the seats are back--and barely noticeable.
I removed the flap as well, even before I got my seat covers. The flap was really annoying, I'm glad I removed it. I'd definitely recommend removing it, especially if you have the seat covers.

My problem now is that I have the JDM Honda cargo mat which covers the seat backs and attaches by means of velcro, so now with the seat covers there's no carpet for the cargo mat velcro to attach to. I tried attaching some female velcro on the seat covers, but of course it doesn't stay. I thought about maybe using a little PVC glue on the velcro strips to glue it to the seat cover, in an effort to avoid using crazy glue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 AM
lets see moar pics. haha.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:13 PM
So...are we gona be able to order the seats? lol seems like we hafta wait a while.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
got my covers yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna put them on this weekend. pics to follow FTW!

Quick Reply: GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers