Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: GD/GE floor harness bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Exclamation GI: GD/GE harness bar

What's up fellow FitFreaks!

I'm looking into an idea I had about harness bars for the Fit GD/GE platforms. Wanted to know everyone's input about the idea.

Chromoly will be the material of choice and can either be cleared in a raw finish or custom powder coated with ANY color you choose.

The cost is still TBD, mainly gauging interest at the moment.

My GD will be the first prototype and I need a GE to prototype, as well. I'm located in the San Diego area and will need your car for at least a day to get measurements.

Also, no d-bags dumping on my thread please, but constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks all!

Last edited by creasechan; 01-28-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: d-bags who don't know how to provide constructive criticism
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM
I also understand that these should be @ shoulder level. I'm just considering the ease of installation and also trying to avoid cutting into the body panels to get these to fit. Not to say that the shoulder level design will not be considered/prototyped.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
What exactly is the point of a nonfunctional harness bar (i.e. a floor harness bar that crushes your vertebrae in the event of an accident)?

Are you trying to injure people?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
What exactly is the point of a nonfunctional harness bar (i.e. a floor harness bar that crushes your vertebrae in the event of an accident)?

Are you trying to injure people?

no need to be rude, these are just ideas, and i in no way am trying to injure anyone. so don't be a jerk. if you have two cents contribute in a CONSTRUCTIVE way, or piss off. I'm working with a reputable shop and will work out the best FUNCTION for the bar whether it be mounted at shoulder height or floor.

I'm trying to get a final idea, you comments aren't helping or make any sense.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
My comments could save someone from buying a dangerous floor harness bar. The main goal of a harness bar should be SAFETY not to avoid cutting the trim panels.

Get mad at me broski...I'd rather save somebody from buying a ricer floor bar.

EDIT: I just noticed you deleted all the "floor bar" wording out of your original post...

Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
My comments could save someone from buying a dangerous floor harness bar. The main goal of a harness bar should be SAFETY not to avoid cutting the trim panels.

Get mad at me broski...I'd rather save somebody from buying a ricer floor bar.

EDIT: I just noticed you deleted all the "floor bar" wording out of your original post...

noted, you could've came across differently. and i did delete it. your concern makes sense, that is why i asked for ideas and input. i'm not mad man, just irked, but it's all good now. at least i have some sort of foundation to get started. like i said, this is an idea that i want to follow thru with.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Well, at first it was hard to tell what your experience level was with designing this sort of thing.

The easiest way to do this would be to have it run between the b-pillars like the Cusco harness bars. Search harness bar for more info.
Name:  null-34.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  22.6 KB

Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Well, at first it was hard to tell what your experience level was with designing this sort of thing.

The easiest way to do this would be to have it run between the b-pillars like the Cusco harness bars. Search harness bar for more info.
I was looking at those, and doing something similar. i'll just need to get together with my fabricators and figure out where on the b-pillars it would be best to mount.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
b/c we have that vertical sliding track for the seat belt, it might be a little difficult to mount.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
I am VERY interested if this is an at shoulder level, B-Pillar attaching designed bar for a GD like the Cusco ones!

Saves me having to find a fabricator in NorCal

Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
I am VERY interested if this is an at shoulder level, B-Pillar attaching designed bar for a GD like the Cusco ones!

Saves me having to find a fabricator in NorCal
Yes sir, thanks to BlacknDecker's input, this WILL be a shoulder height b-pillar mounted piece, made by a well known fabshop here in San Diego.

I'm also looking for a LOCAL GE owner to test fit one as well!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
You need a GE local to SD? Lemme see what I can do....

Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
You need a GE local to SD? Lemme see what I can do....
tha'ts affirmative! any help would be appreciated!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by creasechan
tha'ts affirmative! any help would be appreciated!
Found one

Send a PM to: fitisbamf

He is in SD and WAY on board!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and if you wouldn't mind... Can you PM me regarding the Fab shop? I tried to work with several folks on Fit projects down in the SoCal/SD area and would like to share my contacts and experiences...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Found one

Send a PM to: fitisbamf

He is in SD and WAY on board!
That was fast! I'll send him a pm today.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Oh, and if you wouldn't mind... Can you PM me regarding the Fab shop? I tried to work with several folks on Fit projects down in the SoCal/SD area and would like to share my contacts and experiences...

you have a pm sir!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Definitely find counsel and discuss something along the lines of a legal disclaimer for a product like this, and make it in bold plastered across whatever outlet it will be sold through.

This is the sort of thing that could easily bring ruin on the producer and anyone who depends on them for their well-being.

I would advise against it.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Definitely find counsel and discuss something along the lines of a legal disclaimer for a product like this, and make it in bold plastered across whatever outlet it will be sold through.

This is the sort of thing that could easily bring ruin on the producer and anyone who depends on them for their well-being.

This is a very good point I hadn't even thought to consider...

ESPECIALLY as this is effectively a piece of "safety" equipment...

Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

Very good point. I will discuss this with my team and have something drawn up.

Quick Reply: GI: GD/GE floor harness bar