Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Buddy club crank pulley kit interest

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Buddy club crank pulley kit interest

Hey everyone so buddy club has interest In making us a pulley kit

Kit will be able to produce 3-5 hp

Kit will include: crank pulley, water pump pulley, alternator pulley and belt.
Price is set MSRP $431.00

We need 25 minimum fits In order to start producing.

As for specs weight and pictures were working on it.

Any questions or concerns plz feel free to call text or email anytime !!!!

Kennyryu2013@gmail.com

562 271 8125 jerry

List for potential buyers interested in kit:

1. Wafulz jerry

Last edited by Wafulz; 02-07-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
If BC is making it, I'm in.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:12 AM
431 shipped is still a bit steep. I'm interested but want more info/specs/pics/timeline.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 AM
431 shipped is still a bit steep. I'm interested but want more info/specs/pics/timeline.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:48 AM
im pretty interested. roll up the updates as they come! hopefully nothing is under or over driven. stock rotation is preferred!!

Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
im pretty interested. roll up the updates as they come! hopefully nothing is under or over driven. stock rotation is preferred!!
they're including a belt, something is under/overdriven or we'd have same diameter pulleys and thus same belt.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:59 PM
you can list me as interested but I think that 431 is high.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Isnt there already a thread started by Wafulz for this pulley or is this a different builder of the pulley?

Im still interested but want to know how the estimated 3-5 HP gain was calculated and would like to see the same engine before and after on a dyno before buying one.

If they are not willing to build a prototype for testing then will they guarantee the gains they claim and what is their guarantee if we don't achieve a 3-5 HP gain? If they are building it for looks or didn't claim 3-5 HP then it would be different. i would be interested in this if it actually produces the HP and doesnt just look good.

Here is how this makes me feel. You have found a company that is interested in building a product but wants the first 25 people to take the risk that the product does what they claims it will do. Up until this point I haven't seen anything other than a claim that it will produce that HP gain so the risk is ours.

The risk for a new product should be on the company that will profit it from it and not on the end consumer. In effect the company is asking us to invest in their product but we aren't investors here, we are consumers.

If I am missing information that will support the gains then please provide it so I can retract my concerns.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by cyanosis
they're including a belt, something is under/overdriven or we'd have same diameter pulleys and thus same belt.
Glimmer of hope that they were including a new belt, not necessarily a different one for under/over

Oh well. Im not a fan of underdriving or overdriving on a stock rpm setup.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
I shall update the more people show intrest and as for testing it still going on

Old 02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
I shall update the more people show intrest and as for testing it still going on
Glad to hear there is some actual testing and R&D gong on.

Are you directly involved in the testing? Have they built a prototype yet?

Please tell us more.

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Yes they built pro type

I'm not test it yet so far.

Lost of research going on for this. Just gotta get more people to be intrested

Bump!'

Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Will this be for GD3 or the GE8? If this is for the GD3 I would like more information on the product as well.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2010FitSport
Isnt there already a thread started by Wafulz for this pulley or is this a different builder of the pulley?

Im still interested but want to know how the estimated 3-5 HP gain was calculated and would like to see the same engine before and after on a dyno before buying one.

If they are not willing to build a prototype for testing then will they guarantee the gains they claim and what is their guarantee if we don't achieve a 3-5 HP gain? If they are building it for looks or didn't claim 3-5 HP then it would be different. i would be interested in this if it actually produces the HP and doesnt just look good.

Here is how this makes me feel. You have found a company that is interested in building a product but wants the first 25 people to take the risk that the product does what they claims it will do. Up until this point I haven't seen anything other than a claim that it will produce that HP gain so the risk is ours.

The risk for a new product should be on the company that will profit it from it and not on the end consumer. In effect the company is asking us to invest in their product but we aren't investors here, we are consumers.

If I am missing information that will support the gains then please provide it so I can retract my concerns.
@2010FITSPORT: Coming from the world investment backing, I find great insight in your reply!

Ok, i'm not a professional banker (save for the few IRA's and 401K that i swear better compensate for our dwindling SS furture) but i think what Jerry and BC is trying to do here is merely garner [serious] interest in the field so that they don't invest countless hours of RnD and capital resources into a product that won't sell.

Jerry is merely informing on what the projected MSRP pricing would be so that we can have an idea on what to expect. I don't think i saw anything listing that we'd have to put down a deposit or a full $431 yet so your claim of a company asking for our investment is confusing.

On a different note, just to prove a point, AAI (parent company) even dyno-tested their new Racing Spec Condensor (grounding kit) on the new FT-86 to put down myths that a grounding kit would only benefit older cars with inefficient wiring. Obviously, in the case of this pulley kit, we can only expect the same type of RnD and customer car that they've provided thus far.

Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
Will this be for GD3 or the GE8? If this is for the GD3 I would like more information on the product as well.
@Rollerboots666: i think other companies make a pulley set for GD3 already but hey, who knows? how interested ARE you??? (make another thread for GD3? )

All in all, if there is no-one who is willing to take a risk, whether it be the consumer or the company, there is nothing to be gained nor loss... said the Buddha - jk!

O yea, guess i'm on for the pulleys but proven dyno gains or bust!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cyanosis

More than likely the belt deletes the AC compressor if desired. The T1R did that