Keypad Keyless Entry System

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Question Keypad Keyless Entry System

Hi, I'm not a Fit owner yet but am considering buying one. I have one outstanding concern though. My current car has a keypad entry system on it which I have come to depend on greatly. I can never be locked out of my car, and I often just leave my keys in it, whether I'm going running or going to work or whatever. It's a real added value for me.

The Fit doesn't come with this feature though, so I'm trying to find out if it can be installed and what options there are. I've researched and found a few possibilities (e.g. Wireless Door Entry Keypads for Cars, Trucks & Vehicles or Automotive keypad keyless entry system or How to Install a Vehicle Keypad : Keyless entry locks, keypad combination entry door locks for homes, offices, cars, trucks, RVs, shabbos keys, gates, fences, pools, cabinets, sliding doors, gun lockers, garages, sheds, keyless keypad combination ent or even Custom car keypad entry) but I wanted to see if anyone has experience with anything like this.

Anyone tried an install of one of these? Thoughts on the installation process or impacts on security? Suggestions? Considerations? Thanks!

Old 01-30-2014, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Anything wireless would be the same thing as a key fob, same chance of failure. Unless you are running nekkid you have a way to carry a key fob. I'm pretty sure most modern fits come with one, even my old 2008.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks breadtrk. I agree with you that there is never really a time when I am unable to carry a key fob, but what I want is the convenience of not having to. It sounds minor but once you've had it you find it really does make a difference.

Anyone else have a comment on the possibility of this?

Old 04-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Great question

Did you ever find a solution? I agree, keypad is the way to go. I wind up at the beach quite a bit and it would be helpful to not carry around my valet key.

My Ford Expedition had the ability to 'stick on' a battery operated keypad that was basically another remote that you programmed the car to recognize. Anyone seen anything similar?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Bisro keypad

Anyone ever see this in use?

http://www.amazon.ca/keyless-BISRO-KeyFree-Touch-Apass/dp/B00EDN45J2