General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

$19,999 for a used SSM Sport Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
$19,999 for a used SSM Sport Fit

I just drove by Capitol City Honda in Olympia, WA, looking for a Fit. I saw an SSM Sport on their lot, and my wife said it was used. I asked her how she knew it was used, and she said because there is a ding in the door. So I pulled in next to it, and sure enough it had an "As Is No Warranty" sticker on it. What I saw next completely floored me. The other sticker on it said "Kelley Blue Book Value: $19,999......

I saw no other sticker on this car.

You can go to carsdirect.com and get an new SSM Sport Fit 5AT for around $16,500. Asking $19,999 for a used Fit with a ding in the door is not just grotesquely overpriced, it's ethically wrong, and shows the true colors of this dealership. They are thieves, and they are living up to the stigma of the car salesman.

Here's the link Capitol City Honda

Last edited by crankshaft; 02-04-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: more information
Old 02-04-2007, 05:12 PM
One more thing. I went to the Kelley Blue Book site, and you cannot even bring up a value on a used Fit. Not only are they thieves, they are also liars, and I'll shop elsewhere.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Klien Honda in Fife wanted $21,000 for a VBP sport AT. . . .

Sadly, there is nothing you can do to prevent stupid people from paying too much for a car. But if you are seriously interested in purchasing a new FIT, PM me and I will give you the contact person at a honda dealer who has sold numerous cars to my family and friends. he will not jerk you around.

I know for a fact that they are getting in about 3 sports within the next 4-7 weeks.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:49 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
pieces of crap sales people...i hope no one is a duck for that

Old 02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I contacted their sales department. I have already negotiated a "GREAT" deal for anybody that wants their pants around their ankles!!!

Never fear, I will be posting this in the "dealer review" section.

"Dear Ryan:

Thank you for your internet request.
The 2007 Honda Fit Sport with stock # B1431 is available. Our Special Internet Price for this vehicle is $18,999 .
Since this is a special Internet price please contact either Scott Hibberd or Lynden Long at the dealership. They are the only authorized Internet Sales Representatives. They can be reached at 1-800-594-2956 or 360-754-3399. They will be happy to set up an appointment for you to view and test drive this vehicle.

Sincerely,

-name removed by ryan.kauz-
General Sales Manager
Capitol City Honda"

Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
ran kelly blue book on the new value...

Pricing Detail & Required Minimum Equipment
Invoice MSRP New Car Blue Book Value Base Price $15,296.99 $15,970.00 $16,896.00
Destination Charge 595.00 595.00 Incl.
4-Cyl, VTEC, 1.5 Liter Incl. Incl. Incl.
P195/55HR15 Incl. Incl. Incl.

Price With Destination Charge and Required Equipment $15,891.99 $16,565.00 $16,896.00

that was with my zip code for the tacoma area put in.

Dealer markup is going to be found on these cars, just like any other car out there.

BTW, that is for the fit sport auto. the rest are less of course.

Remember, the dealer will tack you with things they installed on the car AFTER it arrived at the dealership.

One last thing to note. If it has no warrenty then that car has alot of miles to be off Honda's 3yr, 36k mile warrenty

Old 02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
And remember...if you're financing any amount on a used car, from my experience the rates are significantly higher from lenders. Which is why I instantly ruled out buying a 'used' new car. Doesn't make financial sense when the 'used version' costs MORE than a brand new one, and you're going to pay more interest in the process!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Scorpmatt, dealer markup does not have to be on these cars.

My family has boughten our cars from the same person for the last few years, and when they (finally) get a white sport MT in, I will buy it at MSRP.

No haggling, no bartering. Just a good sales person that cares more about repeat customers than one sale.

-Ryan

Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Reply from dealership

I sent an email to the dealership:

I have been following the Honda Fit since August 2005. I am now in the market to buy one, so I drove by your dealership today and saw a used SSM Fit Sport. I was blown away by the asking price.

How can you justify asking $19,999 for a used Fit Sport with over 16,000 miles, and a ding in the right rear door? How do you think this makes me feel about your dealership when I can go to carsdirect.com and get a new Fit Sport for $16,500?

I've been to your dealership many times, and had repair work done on our Accord, but now I don't think I can trust you, and will shop elsewhere.

And this was their reply:

Interesting input, whomever you are! I realize that the price does seem high. However, we have only been getting at most one or two a month. When Honda gets their new plant going, I am hoping that prices will moderate.

Good luck buying one for the price you have suggested you can buy one for. I'd love to see your complete purchase order and car when you get it.

Respectfully yours,
(name removed by Crankshaft)

Old 02-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Good luck buying one for the price you have suggested you can buy one for. I'd love to see your complete purchase order and car when you get it.
oh that drives me up the wall! I can understand a little dealer markup due to availability of the fit but that response is just ridiculous. What I would do is go down there with a print off of the Honda.ca(.com) and just stuff that in his face and ask him to justify that.

you won't get anywhere with that but it would be fun.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
for these prices i'd rather get an used 04 STi!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
too high priced

Actually that is not bad. I agree it is too much for a honda fit however supply and demand can get that price.
I just totaled a base MT fit and no one has prices on the car a month ago.... it was tough valuing the car. One dealer told me that the insurence company by law was suppose to value my wrecked car at new 2007 price. Understand there are no MT fits any place.

Last edited by big Fit; 02-11-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: it is not tastefull to quote price reimbursment for wreck cars....
Old 02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Why would a used car cost more than a new one? REgardless of whether it's damaged or not.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
Why would a used car cost more than a new one? REgardless of whether it's damaged or not.
insurance companies get the value of a totalled car by taking its market value. The other Fits being sold in his area must be around the price. The Fit is still considered a "new" car if they can't find any used ones for sale.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft

I have been following the Honda Fit since August 2005. I am now in the market to buy one, so I drove by your dealership today and saw a used SSM Fit Sport. I was blown away by the asking price.

How can you justify asking $19,999 for a used Fit Sport with over 16,000 miles, and a ding in the right rear door? How do you think this makes me feel about your dealership when I can go to carsdirect.com and get a new Fit Sport for $16,500?

I've been to your dealership many times, and had repair work done on our Accord, but now I don't think I can trust you, and will shop elsewhere.

And this was their reply:

Interesting input, whomever you are! I realize that the price does seem high. However, we have only been getting at most one or two a month. When Honda gets their new plant going, I am hoping that prices will moderate.

Respectfully yours,
(name removed by Crankshaft)

wow this guy is an *ss...hes part of the reason dealerships get called stealerships....and this lack of supply is rediculous, ive never seen this before where you can hardly find one fit at any dealer, let alone one you want.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by aveosam
wow this guy is an *ss...hes part of the reason dealerships get called stealerships....and this lack of supply is rediculous, ive never seen this before where you can hardly find one fit at any dealer, let alone one you want.

I really would not have minded if fit's were built in US and not "JDM". Fits would have been cheaper,and dominating the small car market by now in number. The number of fits on the road does not represent how many people admire this car.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Gordio
I really would not have minded if fit's were built in US and not "JDM". Fits would have been cheaper,and dominating the small car market by now in number. The number of fits on the road does not represent how many people admire this car.
i actually prefer to jdm instead of us, us built would be last resort for me. my family has had a bad history with american made cars, interiors falling apart, engine problems, and they dont last very long/

Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by firstshadow
i actually prefer to jdm instead of us, us built would be last resort for me. my family has had a bad history with american made cars, interiors falling apart, engine problems, and they dont last very long/
However, the Hondas built here in Ohio seem to be just fine. I've owned several, and never had any serious problems. The problems seen in cars built by domestic manufacturers don't seem to apply to Honda's plants here.

JonasM

Old 02-09-2007, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scorpmatt
One last thing to note. If it has no warrenty then that car has alot of miles to be off Honda's 3yr, 36k mile warrenty
That sticker just indicates that the dealership is not warrantying the car. "Honda" is.

Regardless sounds like this dealership should be avoided, with pricing like that and attitude from the sales force.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:43 AM
cft
Originally Posted by crankshaft

So I feel like quite the tard for asking, but SSM???? What does that stand for

Quick Reply: $19,999 for a used SSM Sport Fit