General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Things I Don't Like

Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Had a test drive before buying one?
Tire noise shows up after 5000 miles or so. Alignment check report then was "within factory spec". No way to check real world mileage. Did not own a CRV at that time and the one I test drove then was noisy and had even uglier interior. The Fit was $10,000 or so cheaper as well. I use it as a " city car" now although I have driven the thing from Virginia to Mississippi. I failed to mention the annoying engine "tick" that did not show till 7500 miles that Honda said was normal. Test drives do not tell you anything about the long term performance of the car. Thus the reason for this forum.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Memcdm
Tire noise shows up after 5000 miles or so. Alignment check report then was "within factory spec". No way to check real world mileage. Did not own a CRV at that time and the one I test drove then was noisy and had even uglier interior. The Fit was $10,000 or so cheaper as well. I use it as a " city car" now although I have driven the thing from Virginia to Mississippi. I failed to mention the annoying engine "tick" that did not show till 7500 miles that Honda said was normal. Test drives do not tell you anything about the long term performance of the car. Thus the reason for this forum.
What model year Fit do you own?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=GoBucky;1310937]What model year Fit do you own?[/QUOTE

Old 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
I've never liked all of the hard plastic on the dash and doors. It's a very inexpensive car so I understand. The "carpet" is junk too

I had issues with funny tire wear but that went away when I replaced my shocks. They were worn out and that can cause wear even with an alignment.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by D50boy
I've never liked all of the hard plastic on the dash and doors. It's a very inexpensive car so I understand. The "carpet" is junk too

I had issues with funny tire wear but that went away when I replaced my shocks. They were worn out and that can cause wear even with an alignment.
I had issues with tire wear from the first oil change so that would mean the shocks bad new which is unlikely. I would suggest the issue is with the way the primitive, solid axle rear suspension was designed. I have known a couple Civic owners whose entire read suspension was replaced as a recall for very bad issues with tire wear. I have not talked to any other Fit owner who had that problem.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
not 60 inches (153 cm)

In my 2015, with the rear seatbacks folded down and the front seats moved forward a little, there is not quite 60 inches (5 feet, 153 cm) of length. It's about 58-59. So a standard 5-foot long folding table won't fit inside. Just 2 extra inches between the rear of the storage stand between the front seats, and the rear of the car, and I would have been able to carry my 30 inch by 60 inch table from place to place. My Toyota Matrix had 62 inches, maybe more. Also, why didn't they put the cargo area light in the roof, like the dome light, instead of low and all the way to one side? Alternatively, if they wanted to put the cargo lights on the side, they could have used 2 cargo lights, one on each side. And they used a 5 watt bulb when they could have used an 8 watt bulb like in the dome light and each map light.

Also, the headlights don't produce enough light to the left and right of center, and on high beams, there isn't enough light downward, in the first 10 feet ahead of the from front bumper. And they aren't quite bright enough either.

Last edited by nomenclator; 06-27-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by nomenclator
In my 2015, with the rear seatbacks folded down and the front seats moved forward a little, there is not quite 60 inches (5 feet, 153 cm) of length. It's about 58-59. So a standard 5-foot long folding table won't fit inside. Just 2 extra inches between the rear of the storage stand between the front seats, and the rear of the car, and I would have been able to carry my 30 inch by 60 inch table from place to place. My Toyota Matrix had 62 inches, maybe more. Also, why didn't they put the cargo area light in the roof, like the dome light, instead of low and all the way to one side? Alternatively, if they wanted to put the cargo lights on the side, they could have used 2 cargo lights, one on each side. And they used a 5 watt bulb when they could have used an 8 watt bulb like in the dome light and each map light.

Also, the headlights don't produce enough light to the left and right of center, and on high beams, there isn't enough light downward, in the first 10 feet ahead of the from front bumper. And they aren't quite bright enough either.
The Matrix was built on a larger platform and in many ways was superior to the Fit. The headlights on my Fit (2007) seem bright enough but the sharp cut off in their design is annoying. In the hill country where I live going up and down hills in the night makes me keep switching between high and low beam with the fog lights on to try to see my way forward. I really do wonder what Honda was thinking when they designed these headlights.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
driver leg room

Something intrudes into the driver's leg room on the floor of the 2015 Fit. If I turn on cruise control and take my right foot off the throttle pedal, there is no comfortable place to put my foot. It is very annoying. My Toyota Matrix wasn't so hot in this regard either - small area for driver's feet.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by nomenclator
Something intrudes into the driver's leg room on the floor of the 2015 Fit. If I turn on cruise control and take my right foot off the throttle pedal, there is no comfortable place to put my foot. It is very annoying. My Toyota Matrix wasn't so hot in this regard either - small area for driver's feet.
I am only 5' 7" and I notice that problem as well. The Fit is a very small car and you can do only so much. I have no issue with the 2013 CRV but some of my tall friends complain about the lack of driver side leg room.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Memcdm
I am only 5' 7" and I notice that problem as well [something intruding into the driver's leg room]. The Fit is a very small car and you can do only so much. I have no issue with the 2013 CRV but some of my tall friends complain about the lack of driver side leg room.
I don't think it's because it's a small car - I think it's because they put the gas tank under the driver seat instead of under the passenger seat - so that they could have load height in the cargo area floor could be lower than other cars and at the same time have the back of the back seats be able to fold flat, even with the top of the cargo area load floor. Then they decided to allow the front seat to go back about 2 inches (60 mm) rearward past the front of the gas tank. Perhaps they could have solved this problem by making the car 1 inch (25mm) longer (the previous model year was 1.6 in longer) and moving the gas tank back that far. I had no problem with leg room in my 1982 Accord - which was about 400 pounds (180 kg) lighter. Despite being a smaller car (by weight), it had a hatch door that was more square and more than 48 inches (122 cm) wide from L to R, much bigger than the Fit's 42 inches (107 cm) on the diagonal. It is just amazing how they had the Accord and the Civic continually creep up in size, year by year, and then added the Fit to have a smaller car. To me it would have made more sense if what we they now call the Fit they could have called the Civic, what they now call the Civic they could have called the Accord, and what they now call the Accord, they could have given a new name. Maybe the "Honda Continental" in the US and Europe, and the "Honda Ocean Liner" in Asia.

Last edited by nomenclator; 07-01-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
The U turn's suck on my GD Fit... Small wheel base car and U turn sucks... wtf. Got my GD Fit 5 years ago and this shit still bothers me.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
The U turn's suck on my GD Fit... Small wheel base car and U turn sucks... wtf. Got my GD Fit 5 years ago and this shit still bothers me.
U turns in the 2015 GK are fine, I can U turn inside a regular socal tract housing street.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:37 PM
HATE the front seats! Buyers be ware!

I have a 2007 Fit. It is my daily use car. I used to commute 2 hours daily and now I only commute 20 minutes. I am in so much pain from the non-ergonomic seats that I am getting physical therapy. I am 5'9". With the seat all the way back it is still not enough leg room. The steering wheel is too far forward, which you can imagine causes me to sit in a very uncomfortable position. The pedals and steering column are just off center enough to not notice, but enough to cause extreme discomfort after owning the car for 8 years. I often think about what I need to do in order to file a class action law suit for all of the other Fit owners who are in pain and have sought medical attention.

The pain starts off as ankle pain and then ankle and leg pain, which you think is from your long commute. I would stretch it out nightly and think it was my darn commute. Now my pain and discomfort goes from my right ankle up to my right hip and low back.

I have test drove and sat in newer fits and can tell that nothing has changed in the way of seat/steering wheel ergonomics. I know there has been an adjustment to the steering column but it still is an awkward position to sit in while driving for more than 20 minutes.

Thanks!

Old 10-25-2015, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
I raised the seat by swapping for long bolts with spacers & nuts on the underside to support the raise. The only catch is that the left front side has an angle which I got around by making a metal bracket to connect the offset holes. If anyone's interested I can post pics. Its been like 4 yrs & it has improved the seat positioning. I can lower the steering wheel all the way to the lowest position without any contact from the raised seat.

Also you guys are gonna want to add resistance to the pedal it really makes a difference in highway driving:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...gas-pedal.html

Attached Thumbnails What you DONT like about your Fit-80-seat_bracket_98223281e69c3178883d06c9b9802b8e273ec519.jpg  
Old 10-25-2015, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
That looks like it'd do well in a crash

Old 10-25-2015, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, that bolt is likely to snap off causing the driver to hit the steering wheel fatally or be ejected out of the vehicle like the jet fighters catapult out.

The poster above, I think your class action suit would have more chances suing honda for not selling a Rolls Royce badged as a honda fit. The should also include two hours of physical therapy every other oil change?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:18 AM
That sounds like a great idea using bed liner instead of that thin $40.00 applique for the rear bumper. thanks

Old 10-26-2015, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nishone
The pedals and steering column are just off center enough to not notice, but enough to cause extreme discomfort after owning the car for 8 years.
I've noticed this also and wish there was a way I could slide the driver's seat to the left about an inch to line it up better with the steering wheel and give more clearance for my right leg. I'm guessing it must have been designed that way to maintain some kind of minimum crash/crumple zone on the outside of the driver's seat because there is plenty of room between the door panel and seat to have moved it closer to the outside.

-Dustin

Old 10-26-2015, 09:45 AM
On the GD3:
1. The paint is hilariously terrible. Some panels are still red and others are completely pink. Going to have to end up trying a DIY vinyl wrap to avoid an expensive paint job.

2. So slow uphill and with the A/C on. Turn off the A/C and the car feels totally different.

On the GK:
1. The flimsy sheet metal.

2. Cheap finish and fit. If you don't pull the hatch in the right spot you are likely to rip the plastic surround entirely off.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nishone
I am in so much pain from the non-ergonomic seats that I am getting physical therapy. I am 5'9". With the seat all the way back it is still not enough leg room.

I often think about what I need to do in order to file a class action law suit for all of the other Fit owners who are in pain and have sought medical attention.

I have test drove and sat in newer fits and can tell that nothing has changed...
I'm 5'10" and sit in mine for at least two hours a day without a problem. If the car isn't comfortable for you then a different car is the answer, not a lawyer.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit