General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Not sure what you are driving, but my 2015 Fit Owner's Manual includes setup option to open all doors when the driver's door is open

With regard to the desire to unlock other doors when the driver door is unlocked from the outside.... This feature customization on page 105 appears to control how the doors auto lock at 10mph or not. And page 106 documents how the doors unlock after the car is parked.

So the solution to unlocking extra doors from the outside is double pressing the unlock on the keyfob which is ok with me.

On a recent 10 day road trip, it helped that my wife had her own keyfob in her pocket and we could both randomly gain entry to our respective doors without double pressing keyfob buttons.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
I appreciate the link to the manual--I'm aware of the options to lock/unlock the doors when the car is put into park or the driver's door is opened after driving, but these are not the situations I'm referring to. What I'm talking about is specifically approaching the car from the outside, and as I said before, it's a very minor complaint in the scheme of this car.

It's that I have to do a different thing when I'm getting into the car alone vs. getting into the car with other people. By myself, I just touch the handle. With other people, I have to remember to pull out the fob. All I'm saying is that I wish Honda had built in the option to unlock all the doors by touching the driver's side handle.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grag
...All I'm saying is that I wish Honda had built in the option to unlock all the doors by touching the driver's side handle.
Agreed, even a double tap on the car handle tiny black button would work in this situation and be a welcome solution.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
So far really like my 2016 Honda Fit EX.

I may discover more things in the future.

But right now, off the bat, dislike the often maligned center armrest console.

And dislike the absence IMO, of a real intermittent wiper function.
The stalk say's Intermittent, but the reality is that it's really just a Low, Medium, High, speed function.

Also, so far very unimpressed with the wipers themselves. Brand New, and they chatter and smear.
Rain X helps, but only for a limited time.

EDIT:
Oddly enough, when I first got my Fit, I hated the "too low" center console arm rest.
But now after having it a while?
I've actually come to like the fact that it's low and gives me more elbow room.
Once I got over the "trained" feeling that I should have an arm rest there...I came to like the fact I didn't.
If I REALLY want one for long drives....I think I'll just buy a slice of foam, and call it my "Road Trip" Elbow cushion...otherwise..I think I'm good with the center console now.

Last edited by fitchet; 12-03-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
very unimpressed with the wipers

You'll grow fonder of them when it comes time to replace the blades. Honda supplies rubber inserts for these---- at a very low and reasonable price.

Even the slightest change in the angle at which the blade is held to the windshield can either cause a blade to chatter.... or cause it to stop chattering.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:13 PM
Exclamation

Hey gang, yep I am back with the number 2 after my handle. I have owned my 2008 Sport Fit since February 2008, drove it literally off the showroom floor.
I do not like the glass covered fog/road lamps, they crack and are expensive to replace with OEM.
Rear Wheel alignment problems from the get go. But now at 86K that is going to be fixed. Do not expect Honda to "man up" to this problem. The dealer will only suggest an axle beam replacement. Rear wheel alignment can be done using shims but only for 07/08 models. The right rear tire will cup and wear very strangely, rotation helps but will reduce life on both tires in comparison to the left side. This car never has required a front end alignment in 86,000 miles.
Oh not the cars fault, but the dealer actually charged me for an alignment and only checked it. (I refuse to go there now for even an oil change)
Wimpy carpeting that refuses to stay in place.
Front sway bar link that fell apart in the dead of winter... seriously what a poor design.
Slow to respond Oxygen sensor causing check engine light to come on and having been told (and charged for) the ECU had to be reprogrammed (not for free) That did nothing. Unplugging the OX sensor and cleaning the connection helped. I get a code for that sensor every now and then but it fixes itself in a week or so. I think cold damp weather has something to do with it.
Clock runs fast (always has) The radio display got weak and is hard to read.
Some older OBDIll code readers will not work on the 2008 Fit.
Gas mileage remains steady at or near average of 37 MPG, drops lower in summer due to running the AC or if using the defrost mode a lot in winter. The one thing I noticed is when running over 4000 RPM on the highway the mileage drops a lot, I attribute this to VTECH kicking in and making power, so keeping the road speed below 80 MPH helps to resume to better fuel mileage.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Cheap for Cheap....

Originally Posted by morgantruce
You'll grow fonder of them when it comes time to replace the blades. Honda supplies rubber inserts for these---- at a very low and reasonable price.

Even the slightest change in the angle at which the blade is held to the windshield can either cause a blade to chatter.... or cause it to stop chattering.

The blades are brand new now...and they need to be replaced....but I don't think replacing them is going to help.

I don't care how cheap the inserts may be....I'd gladly pay more for better wipers.

Unfortunately from what I've read, changing the wipers, even the whole blade, doesn't necessarily solve the problem.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
changing the wipers, even the whole blade, doesn't necessarily solve the problem.
You are absolutely correct.

When the problem is the angle of the blade relative to the windshield, merely changing the entire blade will not correct the problem.

Fix the angle. I cannot tell you which way to change it, other than to suggest that only a very small adjustment is needed in ether direction.

Once you have done this and the wipers are working without chattering, you will be able to boast that you are like Superman-- the man who can "bend steel in his bare hands."

Old 02-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Still a long ways from buying one, I'm holding out for the moons to align.
The 16' Fit LX I rented from Zipcar for 5 hours from gave me a good idea of what to expect.

An arm rest fix is a must.

The CVT works pretty well but power on demand takes a little too long for my taste when I stomp on the peddle. The 6 Speed would be preferred. Surprisingly adequate power though.

While not horrible it's tends to be a little noisy on the highway. Which I was hoping to drown with the radio. But...
The sound is just ok. There's no bass whatsoever and adding a sub seem like a huge undertaking. I miss my SVTs built in sub.

EX is a must for me. The passenger side blind spot isn't bad but I didn't have my convex mirror and I didn't do a head check and almost collided with the car next to me. (sorry dude! my fault) Lanewatch would have prevented that.

The seat belt receptacle is a pain to get to. I'm 5'10 & 210lbs so I'm not obese (okay maybe a little fluffy) but I would want to install an extender.

Refresh (relax?) mode is a cool feature but I doubt I could sleep in it for extended periods. I tried slouching down and it wasn't supportive of my lower back. Maybe several pillows underneath would help.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
No factory sunroof option for GE's.

Door inserts/panels are frail in comparison to my 99 civic. I feel them "give" when I simply rest my elbow on it.

Smallish tank. 300 miles isn't bad before a fill up...but more wouldve been nice.

Windshield/front end that is prone to rock chips/pitting.

Thin paint.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
2015 - the 'middle' model (whatever that is...)

Don't care for the 'walk up and unlock the door with the key in your pocket' feature at all. Also don't care for the touch screen control of the audio system - the controls on the steering wheel are too easy to accidentally touch while driving -- and voila, I've told the system to do something I didn't mean to and it always seems to take multiple touches to get it back to where it was in the first place. In retrospect, I should've gotten the base model.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Michael Yount

Don't care for the 'walk up and unlock the door with the key in your pocket' feature at all. Also don't care for the touch screen control of the audio system - the controls on the steering wheel are too easy to accidentally touch while driving -- and voila, I've told the system to do something I didn't mean to and it always seems to take multiple touches to get it back to where it was in the first place. In retrospect, I should've gotten the base model.
Definitely one thing I dont like about newer cars these days....the digital media systems. I just want something with button dang it. But I also want the sunroof...which isn't offered in the base models...

Old 02-04-2017, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
The only time I use the sunroof is popping the back open to 'vent' the interior when it's parked outside on warm days.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Venting via the sunroof while moving is a LOT quieter than venting out the rear windows. I guess this is 'what I like about the EX'.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Michael Yount

I am the complete opposite, lol.

I love that I nvr have to take the keys out of my pocket, except to unlock my house door. And love the steering wheel controls.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I am sooo confused. Is the 2016 EX supposed have 'little lines and swirls' running throughout the 'Drive, Neutral, Reverse, Park) indicator on the instrument panel? Is this an annoying pattern/font part of the design - or a defect? HELP! Car hasn't been picked up from the dealer yet on a new purchase...

Last edited by Confuse88; 02-06-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
DO NOT take possession until it's the way you want it. Your leverage to get things fixed diminishes significantly once they have money and you have the car. I had some panel gaps for the hood and hatchback that were quite misaligned when they wheeled mine around for delivery. Shiny armor-all'd tires, but clearly not a lot of time taken when aligning the hood/hatch. I insisted they fix before I'd sign the final paperwork. They said 'body shop is busy -- we'll get you right back in next week to get it fixed'. No way - sat back, crossed my arms and said -- as soon as those gaps are correct, I'll buy the car --- but not until. Miraculously, the body shop immediately got 'un-busy'.

Here's a bump -- don't know whether what you're seeing is normal on the 16's or not.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Confuse - went and looked closely at mine - 2015 model. The indicator consists of a digital letter display on a black background during the day when lights are off. There are a series of very, very small lines inside the lighted bars that make up each letter. However, they're so small that my eye can see them, but the camera cannot discern that detail or I would've posted a picture.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
You're not obligated until you take possession -- don't let 'em fool you. Just be firm with 'em to get what you want or tell them you're going to walk on the deal. In fact, in most states, there's up to a 72 hour grace period on a new car purchase where you can just have a bad hair day -- and they're obligated to un-do the deal.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
I've decided I hate everything about my Fit. It's not necessarily the car, it's just the class of the car. I guess I'm not the economy crap box car buyer, even though I bought one

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit