General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by jrstinkfish
I often accidentally turn off my stereo when I'm trying to turn the volume knob.

Haha, I've had my Fit about 2 weeks and I've done this probably 15 times. You just have to get used to it I guess.

Things I don't like:

1. Blind spot (something about the design of the rear windows makes a car difficult to see on the highway if they're in just the right spot)

2. I wish the seat was a little higher. I guess that could be taken care of with some sort of extra cushioning. I'm not a huge guy, about 5'8" so maybe that's why.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't like the way the radio display dims so much when the running or headlights are needed during the day (in the rain, etc.). Not too much else to complain about, though.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
The amount of static produced by the seats when getting in or out of the car. Anyone else notice this? The shock when I touch the door is pretty powerful. Other than that, I'm getting the gas mileage, so I can't complain there...and I'm also draggin my 250lb. fat ass around, so it's pretty amazing actually! :P

Old 04-07-2007, 07:51 PM
OMG!! It's been unusually chilly here in FL the last couple days and I have been getting the HECK shocked out of me on the door! Glad to know I'm not the only one! If it's the seats, I hope the neoprene covers I have coming will remedy it. Yeowch!
Kitty

Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Neoprene covers like what the Element has? Although I thought if a car had side airbags you couldn't put seat covers on. If you can than I just may invest in some. This week the baby E comes in...

Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Frog, I am ordering them from Cover King through Costco, several others have them and are happy with them. They are designed specifically for the Fit, and have openings for the Airbags. Go to Costco.com and type in CoverKing to see em.
Kitty

Old 04-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda Fit is a great car. But like any car, there are always those inconveniences...

-No dead pedal
-Ankle getting tired from pressing the gas/break pedals (maybe it just takes some getting used to)
-No armrest (first car to see without one...but this can be solved easily)
-When I want to slide my front seats upward or downward, the lever barely budge...requiring a little more force to push it.

Besides that, once again, Honda Fit is a great car.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by jrstinkfish
The seat fabric seems to attract hair like a magnet.
Didn't you get the recall notice about the hair on the seats problem? Go to your dealer and they will issue one of these to you. Problem solved.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
My cousin gave me big clear plastic bags to cover the front seats. This eliminated my static problem. When I get off work my uniform can be dirty at times hence why I use a plastic bag to cover the seats. It looks like my Fit just came off the factory actually, or the dealer never bothered to remove the plastic seat cover.

Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
The amount of static produced by the seats when getting in or out of the car. Anyone else notice this? The shock when I touch the door is pretty powerful. Other than that, I'm getting the gas mileage, so I can't complain there...and I'm also draggin my 250lb. fat ass around, so it's pretty amazing actually! :P

Last edited by Sport; 04-07-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Coverking seat covers

Kitty,

When you get the Costco seat covers, let us know how you like them. I am considering them, too, but they need to be good to justify the price.
Everything I have bought at Costco has been good for the price, but it would be nice to hear that these are really great.

Thankya, thankyaverrmuch.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
1) AT mileage (which makes me more happy I got a MT)
2) rear view visibility
3) JDM. I really think the fit was better off if it was built here. It'd be cheaper, more people would own it, and definitely more options/trims. I'd love leather seat options for my fit. Same with nav system (altho the radio is very impressive). a frikin MOONROOF. XM radio. a 1.3i-dsi option.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sport
Currently, there are only 2 things that are driving me nuts about my Fit:

1) Gas mileage.

2) S mode downshifts automatically. This pisses me off at times because according to the owner's manual, whatever gear I have the tranny set at is suppose to be where it's at just like driving a 5spd manual.
It should not downshift automatically in S mode when using the paddle shifters. It will, however automatically shift to 1st when you stop, is that what you mean? In S mode without the paddle shifters, it just changes the shift points a little--I couldn't see much difference in my acceleration tests between S and D.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:51 AM
No, that's not what I mean. Try maintaining your RPM to below 2500 on medium acceleration or anything that resembles a slight incline using the paddle shifters. In a manual, you can, but our AT Fits in S mode, you can't.

Originally Posted by cheffyjay
It should not downshift automatically in S mode when using the paddle shifters. It will, however automatically shift to 1st when you stop, is that what you mean? In S mode without the paddle shifters, it just changes the shift points a little--I couldn't see much difference in my acceleration tests between S and D.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
The dead pedal issue is easily fixed by going to zetaproducts.net

My only gripe? Every damn kid in a Honda civic with a fart can mistakes me for a Civic SI at night and wants to race!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Kitty,

When you get the Costco seat covers, let us know how you like them. I am considering them, too, but they need to be good to justify the price.
Everything I have bought at Costco has been good for the price, but it would be nice to hear that these are really great.

Thankya, thankyaverrmuch.
Glad to SD, I ordered from Costco based on the recommendations of others here, so I am pretty hopeful that the quality and look will be worth it. Got the email on the shipping, they say the covers will be here on Wed. Gimme a day or 2 to get them installed and drive with em on the seats and I'll give you my 2 cents by the end of the week!
Kitty

Old 04-08-2007, 10:47 AM
like other people here, i also don't really like S mode on the AT fit. It always changes by itself from 1st to 3rd gear. It bugs me cuz i'll be trying to accelerate fast or something, i switch to 2nd and then it immediately switches to 3rd like less than a second after. ugh...

i also don't like the shock effect, especially when its really dry outside. no car has ever shocked me as bad as the Fit has.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
good thread, very informative. Plan on getting the Fit soon, good to have an idea of what to look out for. THanks guys

Old 04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
I have seen all your comments about what yuo DONT like about your Fit.

Well, after I some thinking I can only find one thing I don't like about my litte Fit (or Jazz): It is too fun to drive!

Since it is so much fun to drive, I often just jump into the car and drive a little around and use fuel that cost a lot (it is about 1.95US$ pr Litre)....
This way, I'm using too much fuel, the odometer is going to far, I even had to increase the milage on the insurance. So now it is even more expencive to own...

PS! I have not seen anything to the blind spot some of you mentioned. Maybe we have diffrent mirrors on the European Jazz?
And the mpg I think is just where it should be for this car.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
...and use fuel that cost a lot (it is about 1.95US$ pr Litre)...
Up here in Toronto, you get regular gas (89 octane with freaking mandatory 10% ethanol that increases the fuel consumption) for C$1/liter, that's about US$0.87/liter, in the States is even cheaper... no wonder you Europeans drive overwhelmingly MT...

My son lives in Gjovik, her mother a local Norske girl...
Ha det bra
Chris

Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by scratchmarc
I don't like the way the radio display dims so much when the running or headlights are needed during the day (in the rain, etc.). Not too much else to complain about, though.

You know you can change that, right? Just adjust the dimmer setting, it's the same knob that controls your mileage above the fuel gauge. The parking lights need to be on to adjust the dimness.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit