General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM
What I don't like?

- The piss-poor paint job....small chips appearing everywhere with each wash...and I use the stuff honda sold me to wash the car as well as micro-fiber cloths...I even got the protective coating honda sold me and put on when I bought the car that is supposed to last for like 5 years or something....complete bs and I will bring it up at the next appointed oil change
- Static shock when exiting....however, its easy to grab the door-frame on the way out as not to get shocked : )
- back wiper not intermittent...

Other than that, I absolutely love my Fit!!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I was having the same issue, thank you storm88000 for the tip, i did not know that

Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by storm88000
1. Blind spot (something about the design of the rear windows makes a car difficult to see on the highway if they're in just the right spot)
Where are the blind spot? Behind and to your right? Or is it the window pillar that is in the way? For the rear I have mirrors that take care of that blind spot, for the window pillar, you just have to get use to moving your head sideways a little to se behind that pillar.

Originally Posted by storm88000
2. I wish the seat was a little higher. I guess that could be taken care of with some sort of extra cushioning. I'm not a huge guy, about 5'8" so maybe that's why.
I can adjust the hight on the seat a little. It is a turning knob on the bottom on the left side of the left seat (and right side of the right seat) that rises the seat a little in the back. I like it at the lowest point. Feels like driving a truck when in high possition.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:01 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
1) AT mileage (which makes me more happy I got a MT)
2) rear view visibility
3) JDM. I really think the fit was better off if it was built here. It'd be cheaper, more people would own it, and definitely more options/trims. I'd love leather seat options for my fit. Same with nav system (altho the radio is very impressive). a frikin MOONROOF. XM radio. a 1.3i-dsi option.
no body wants the freaking 1.3 lol also a moonroof would make my life

Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by sorcerio
Didn't you get the recall notice about the hair on the seats problem? Go to your dealer and they will issue one of these to you. Problem solved.
Thanks for that. I already use one of those. Just saying it's a hair magnet, more than any other car I've owned.

Last edited by jrstinkfish; 04-09-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 AM
i wish they made Fits with sunroof and maybe a little more horsepower

Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
You would think that with the Fit/Jazz veing out for awhile in other markets that there wouldn't be a paint problem. It also seems as though some are reporting paint problems and others are not...very strange. Reminds me of the Element windshield cracking issue, some had it others did not.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Since my comfort thread got moved, I'll post here also. The only thing I don't like is not being comfortable and having backpain. The Fit is almost perfect for me otherwise. I just noticed yesterday that the cruise control does alot of correcting on going up hills (even small hills). It seems to accelerate much more than if I just drive it own my own. It still is a great car and probably best in its class.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
i dont like that the motor is sohc, i wanted dohc

Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
- No dead pedal (fixed care of Zeta)
- Intermittent wipers have no intervals on front wipers.
- No rear intermittent wipers
- No armrest (fixed care of Zeta)
- Headlights need adjustment (manual fix)
- No DRL (sorry... former Saturn driver, i like DRL)
- No glove box light

Last edited by RobVT; 04-09-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:47 PM
i just remembered another thing i don't like about the fit.

i don't like the place for change on the left bottom side of the steering wheel. whenever i go fast up a hill or something it all flies out onto me and the floor.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
The Deadpedal is the only Gripe

IDK if most of you guys are comming from other cars, but everything you dont like, has been "honda" since 73, Honda never has multi intermintant settings on there wipers, or any settings on the rear wipers, Hondas never had arm rests, and they also dont have DRL. Im not saying its kool, it sucks, but its just the way honda works.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deivioncrx
IDK if most of you guys are comming from other cars
My first Honda

Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Word, i guess its something ive just learned to live with, since its the 3rd Honda.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deivioncrx
The Deadpedal is the only Gripe

IDK if most of you guys are comming from other cars, but everything you dont like, has been "honda" since 73, Honda never has multi intermintant settings on there wipers, or any settings on the rear wipers, Hondas never had arm rests, and they also dont have DRL. Im not saying its kool, it sucks, but its just the way honda works.
I guess I'm just used to having the luxury division... My 94 LS teg has the armrest, dead pedal, floor mats, light in glove box (with lock) and other minor things =) standard

Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yea Acura = Honda, like Lexus = Toyota

Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM
lack of power. but that's to be expected .

Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 PM
1. im sure most people have stated this....the paint job on the bumpers....chips way too easy.

2. not soooo much a reason i dont like it.....but it wouldve been sweet having a sunroof/moonroof!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Okay, I'll add my 2 cents....
Too thin paint- scratches way too easily (especially on bumper/fender interface)!
No Dead pedal (thanx Zeta)
More power (Thanx ASPEC-but another 20 would be nice)
No Cargo cover (made my own, came out great!)
Cheap 'carpet' forced me to buy floormats.....
$100 replacement keys

Still despite that, Love this car! Fun to drive, comfy seats, decent stereo, great flexibility, handles great for a 'tall car!' Plus I love that I don't 2 million around like the PT Cruisers I was considering before.....

Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by RobVT
- No glove box light
I just noticed this last night. I always took it for granted that gloveboxes had lights in them -- this is the first car I've had that doesn't. It's a small inconvenience now since there's nothing in there, but I can see it getting more annoying as more stuff clutters inside.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit