General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
What you DONT like about your Fit

Post up the things that you don't like about your Fit. Thanks!

Ryan

Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Currently, there are only 2 things that are driving me nuts about my Fit:

1) Gas mileage.

2) S mode downshifts automatically. This pisses me off at times because according to the owner's manual, whatever gear I have the tranny set at is suppose to be where it's at just like driving a 5spd manual.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
What do you mean about the gas mileage?

Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
According to my driving style (which is granny driving), and the type of driving environment I'm exposed to, my Fit does not perform any better than my '93 Honda Accord which has .5 litres more displacement and about 20 more hp. Granted, my Fit is AT and my old Accord is MT, I still expect better fuel economy performance with my Fit.

Having said that though, my problem with fuel economy might tie in with my problem in #2 as stated above. With my Accord, I'm able to control the RPMs to not go over 2500rpm at any time during my trip. While my Fit will occasionally downshift if I press the gas a little too much, or if I encounter a slight incline thus moving my revs up close to 3000rpm.

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy

Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
the fit doesnt have a dead pedal ... which i think is essential when your driving a manual shift hehehe no armrest but i know you can buy one somewhere... thats just it for now... i guess

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
City: 10 liters/100 km, but we live in a freaking super congested city including all the freeways are all clogged most of the time
Open road: about 7 liters/100 km, tested on a Toronto-Ottawa trip 2 weeks ago, in fact the return trip, late evening, pretty much an empty 401 freeway, 450 kms, cruise control on 120 km/h...

Sorry, I know you're used with mpg and miles only, I always have problems doing the conversion from/to mpg
Chris

Old 04-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I have no idea what any of the conversions are, but it sounds like you don't like the MPG that you get in the city.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I have no idea what any of the conversions are, but it sounds like you don't like the MPG that you get in the city.
I think 10 l/100 km is about 25 mpg... Toronto is exactly like LA or Miami, stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper most of the time, a normal 20 min ride takes about 60 min, so you cannot expect good mpg in such bad environment...
My previous '98 Civic hatchback had the very same city mileage, but the open road mileage for Fit is way better then my previous Civic...
I use my Fit for medical equipment deliveries, independent broker, the faster I go better for my bank account, for about C$60K/year (before freaking high Canadian taxes) I do not care much about the mileage, cargo, comfort, Sporty body, paddle shifters and cruise control some things very important to me...
Soon I plan on upgrading on some aftermarket (Honda stuff is way too expensive) 16x7 rims with 205/45/16 tires, my car is all black including tinted windows, I'm still shopping around for rims, I like black rims to make me all black
Chris

Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
The carpet

Last edited by jojabis; 04-06-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: misinfo
Old 04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
mwr
5 Year Member
Not crazy about the 'carpet' material, and the front spoiler lip hangs low enough to hit stuff even at stock ride height. Very minor anooyances. I'd happily buy a second Fit if I needed one.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
the blind spots took some getting used to.

otherwise, i love the little thing.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by CB19
City: 10 liters/100 km, but we live in a freaking super congested city including all the freeways are all clogged most of the time
Open road: about 7 liters/100 km, tested on a Toronto-Ottawa trip 2 weeks ago, in fact the return trip, late evening, pretty much an empty 401 freeway, 450 kms, cruise control on 120 km/h...

Sorry, I know you're used with mpg and miles only, I always have problems doing the conversion from/to mpg
Chris
honda web site
Honda Canada
Fuel Consumption*, City/HWY (L/100km) - M.T. 7.3 / 5.8 7.3 / 5.8 7.3 / 5.8 Fuel Consumption*, City/HWY (L/100km) - A.T. 7.8 / 5.6 7.8 / 5.6 8.0 / 5.8

Old 04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Ive heard bad things about the carpet. So I assume the floormats are a must?!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:25 PM
What causes the blindspots on the Fit? Would a convexx mirror fix that?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by mwr
the front spoiler lip hangs low enough to hit stuff even at stock ride height. Very minor anooyances. I'd happily buy a second Fit if I needed one.
That is the only problem we've found with ours. But it's currently only a problem at our apartment complex, which has very steeply angled driveways off the street - a poor design on their part, not really the Fit's fault.

My fiance and I also found it a bit hard to see out the back window. Taking out the back headrests solved that issue.

Aside from that the car is wonderful. I've not had any issues with blindspots.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by jojabis
honda web site
Honda Canada
Fuel Consumption*, City/HWY (L/100km) - M.T. 7.3 / 5.8 7.3 / 5.8 7.3 / 5.8 Fuel Consumption*, City/HWY (L/100km) - A.T. 7.8 / 5.6 7.8 / 5.6 8.0 / 5.8
Everybody knows that ALL mileage tests, and not just for Honda, are done in non-real life conditions/situations, never in stop-and-go traffic (city mileage) and never over 90 km/h (open road)... driving like an 80 yo granny or just btwn night hrs and never exceeding 50 km/h in the city, very good chances you can reach Honda's best mileage... not MY kind of lifestyle
Chris

Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Every car has blind spots, and they all vary a little bit due to car design. I think it is just one of those things where you get comfortable with one setup and then you chance to a different setup and it just takes a bit of time to adjust.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
The seat fabric seems to attract hair like a magnet. With the headrests on the rear seats, it's hard to see out of the back window (I just leave my back seats folded down unless they're needed). I often accidentally turn off my stereo when I'm trying to turn the volume knob.

I can't really comment on MPG since I'm still on my first tank, but judging by the miles I've driven and how much gas is left, I'm underwhelmed.

Hmmm ... I think that's about it for now. I've only had it for a week, so maybe other things will crop up. For now, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 PM
-No rear alignment adjustability (good or bad however you look at it...)
-Not enough front alignment adjustability
-No dead pedal (was causing knee problems)
-It needs a 6th gear for 70 miles plus at a lower RPM, I dip into VTEC at 70 mph (3400 rpm)

Last edited by daviddahlb; 04-06-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Have a VPB AT Sport...

Well, most of the things I was concerned about, there are fixes for... ie, put blind side mirrors on my side mirrors and took off the back headrests helped w/ blind spots, getting neoprene seat covers since I am going from leather to the Fit's fabric and am often sweaty and sun-blocked from biking, getting floor mats, will eventually order an arm rest console...

So really I don't have much about my little Fit that bugs me, only on my second tank so not sure about MPG yet, but I'm sure it'll be at LEAST comparable to my Beetle. Never used the dead pedal on the Beetle so don't miss it in the Fit. (I usually stick my L foot up on the dash, don't worry, I'm in an AT! )

If I had one gripe, it'd be that compared to my last car (the Beetle), the AC seems a little weak. I have to run it at higher fan levels than I did my Beetle. I live in FL so good cooling power is important... getting tinting done ASAP to help though. Oh, and I miss my sunroof, but the positives WAY outweigh the negatives so far!

Kitty

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit