General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Steering Wheel Light Came on

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Steering Wheel Light Came on

Boo

My light came on this morning..lost my power steering at 16k!
Took to dealer today and they are stumped. Never have had a
problem with this. Any others out there?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Steering light?? Whats that?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 PM
LOL, it's yellow and it's the outline of a steering wheel...

Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Hmm ive never seen it. Thats crazy somethings wrong already, its a dang Honda lol!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
Hmm ive never seen it. Thats crazy somethings wrong already, its a dang Honda lol!
Yes you have. Go start your car and look for it.
Its got a steering wheel and an exclamation mark in the middle.

Ive heard about Fits and problems with this. Some say it happens when its cold out. The light kicks on and off.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Lights flickering are fine, but losing my power steering is another thing
all together...

Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Retired Moderator
I just did and i saw it lol, thanks Mx6GT

Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
isn't the yellow with !!! exclamation light on is the tire. because I had that came on and its the tire and inflated the bitch right back up..and after 7 miles it with off.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
I jsut had that problem this morning and the dealer will fix it on warranty, but the part cost is 895$ it is the ECS module something like that. This thing is warranty till 60000kms or 3 years it may be expensive repair after this period.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My friends comes on randomly in the mornings. He just shuts the car off and starts it back up.
He took his in a few weeks ago and Honda refused to fix the problem (remember the light is NOT continuously on) because his car is lowered. "The lowered vehicle is causing too much resistance on the front wheels when turning."

If I have this problem with my car I will raise hell about them not fixing it.

Originally Posted by finito
I jsut had that problem this morning and the dealer will fix it on warranty, but the part cost is 895$ it is the ECS module something like that. This thing is warranty till 60000kms or 3 years it may be expensive repair after this period.
Probably the ESC. Electronic Steering Control?

Old 12-14-2007, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer call me back this morning for taking a rental car and i ask what he exactly change? He answer; the complete rack and pinion it is a electronic control rack and pinion, it mean that the steering wheel is not attach physicaly on r&p like an hydraulic one, he also told me that i'm the third one having that problem

Old 12-14-2007, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
... the steering wheel is not attach physicaly on r&p like an hydraulic one
That is obviously the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. What an idiot that guy was!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer call me back this morning for taking a rental car and i ask what he exactly change? He answer; the complete rack and pinion it is a electronic control rack and pinion, it mean that the steering wheel is not attach physicaly on r&p like an hydraulic one, he also told me that i'm the third one having that problem
The rack has electric assist, it is not by wire, find another shop that knows the car.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Me too

My Power Steering light has come on as well with the loss of power steering (yeah duh I know)! I have about 20k on the Fit, and it seems to happen when it is cold outside, although I never had a problem last winter. Mine seems to act up when I have driven for at least a couple of hours, stop for a couple hours or overnight and then go and try and start it. If it happens to you, listen for a grinding noise in the left side of the dash right after the engine has fired up. The sound is like a (crunk...click) about half a second long. It will not make this noise if the llight stays off. It has been an off again/on again problem since Thanksgiving. Restarting it right away doesn't fix it, but I can come back to the car later and it starts fine. I am going to have the dealership look at it this week and I will bring up this post as a reference. I will let you all know what the problem is (if they find it).

Old 01-23-2022, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ultimat451
My Power Steering light has come on as well with the loss of power steering (yeah duh I know)! I have about 20k on the Fit, and it seems to happen when it is cold outside, although I never had a problem last winter. Mine seems to act up when I have driven for at least a couple of hours, stop for a couple hours or overnight and then go and try and start it. If it happens to you, listen for a grinding noise in the left side of the dash right after the engine has fired up. The sound is like a (crunk...click) about half a second long. It will not make this noise if the llight stays off. It has been an off again/on again problem since Thanksgiving. Restarting it right away doesn't fix it, but I can come back to the car later and it starts fine. I am going to have the dealership look at it this week and I will bring up this post as a reference. I will let you all know what the problem is (if they find it).
I have the same problem . Can you tell me what is the problem please ?