General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

i think i got jack on the price

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
i think i got jack on the price

i bought the honda care plan the extend warranty and the guy said it comes with the karra alarm system for 1795 now i check the paper work there a extra 895 for the karr sec alarm. i was in a rush to get out of there because i was late for work already and i didn't check the price on it. they made me wait about 40min because they where having computer problems. so if they didn't have the computer problems i would had time to check the paper work.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
wow the alarm comes with the sport fit. they tried to sell me my alarm that was already on my car, and when I said no, the finace girl said ok I'll just go take it off then. 15min later she came back as if she took it off, Funny thing is that I have an alarm and found it hard to believe she took it off in 15mins

Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
go back, tell them you dont want it and give you back a full refund.
if they give you crap, send a formal letter to American Honda public relations.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by kodo
i bought the honda care plan the extend warranty and the guy said it comes with the karra alarm system for 1795 now i check the paper work there a extra 895 for the karr sec alarm. i was in a rush to get out of there because i was late for work already and i didn't check the price on it. they made me wait about 40min because they where having computer problems. so if they didn't have the computer problems i would had time to check the paper work.
As another poster said, I'd send a registered letter to Honda and contact the Better Business Bureau if they don't give you a refund on this. There's no way I'd take this sitting down.

All this assuming you got a Sport Model. The base doesn't come with a security system. If you got a Base w/security added, then it's a different story, but $895 seems a bit steep for that.....

Old 12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Wait, so $1795 *plus* $895 for the alarm? It's hard to tell from your post. $1795 sounds about right for both (figure about $1400 for the bumper-to-bumper warranty, and $395 for an alarm), but if they charged you an extra $900 for just the alarm (a total of nearly $2700), you definitely need to complain. Could just be a clerical error, but you need to rectify it quickly, since you're probably making payments and paying interest on this error.

-Mike

Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
yes it was $1795 + the 900

Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
you do realize that's like 17% of the total car! lol

Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodo
yes it was $1795 + the 900
Then you definitely need to call or head back to the dealership to get this addressed. I'd also ask them to knock down the original $1795 for the inconvenience caused.

-Mike

Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I talk to the sales manager telling me I have to talk to the finance manager because he doesn’t know the details. And he wont' be in until 11 which is the time ill be at work damn it.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
i read that you can cancel the Hondacare plan anyone where would i do this? if it have to come down to canceling the plan

Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Dang, you got ripped off.
Definitely try to get your money back on the alarm.
Your stealership say its a option, but really the alarm already comes installed on the Sport model from the factory.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
well i talk to them they won't give me a refund... what now?

Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
do as the posters above stated...contact Honda America, and also BBB

Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
filed a complant with bbb can't contact honda untill tomorrow close right now

Old 12-19-2007, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
kodo, you have 3 days to change your mind and return the car to the dealer! DO IT! You got ripped off big time!
What dealer did you buy the car from?
BTW, I used to work for KARR years ago! You do not won't to know how little dealer pays KARR for FULL alarm system! If you are in Sport they just added a shock sensor to a factory alarm!!! That is almost half the price of full alarm!!!! Pull the panel above your feet on the drivers side and look for alarm and/or shock sensor! If it is the size of deck of cards or larger it is an alarm. If it is half the size of deck of card it is just a sensor! I worked for them over 6 years ago, so I do not know how units look like right now!
Do you have OEM Honda car key with buttons for alarm that you are using, or is it a separate KARR remote on a key chain?

Insist on speaking to general sales manager and bypass everybody else!
They are playing you until your 3 days expire!
Return the car at any cost! You can get a new Fit elsewhere if they are not willing to take that alarm out of your car!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
well i bought it on the 15 so is kind of late? is not a spearate control is all in the key.
damn you menlo honda/redwood city honda
damn if i knew i would gone back today even if it ment being late to work.

Last edited by kodo; 12-19-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
Kodo, your last day was 18th. You ended up with a shock sensor, not alarm. Unless they have something new out. Crap, I hate to tell you but that thing costs dealer 1/10th of what you paid. You do not won't to know how much that unit cost KARR. Do not bother chasing KARR, they are hired contractor that gets paid by the dealership. Go after dealer!
Listen, find out if that dealer is privately owned or part of corporation. Go for the top of the food chain and ride them. Mention TV stations, papers, negative publicity. They do not like when TV station parks the van by the curb and makes prime time news! Check Channel 5 news web site for consumer help/complaints/investigations. Other local news channels sites too.
Dealers are ruthless, but you need to play to their guilt and where it hurts the most-negative publicity! Nobody will go to buy a car from them if wide public gets to hear your story! They will go to other Honda dealership.

If you win, great! If not, milk that warranty for what is it worth to the end! These days repairs and replacement parts over first 100K miles can cost a fortune, even with Honda's record of durability. Alternators are hundreds of dollars. Battery is small and will die in couple of years and who knows how many times before warranty expires. Cranking will take longer as the cells die out one at the time. Axle boots do not last forever. Just a couple of things that just came to my mind!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
all they put in was a device size of a deck of cards so is a shock sensor?

Old 12-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
WTF? this stuff is bizarre.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Like I said, I worked for KARR well over 6 years ago and I do not know what they have now, but most likely you just got a shock sensor and they tagged dome light wire to trigger factory alarm. Maybe they have glass sensor in it these days as well, I do not know. Did you get KARR manual with the car? If not, bitch to dealer about it. Tell them they did not even explain what you paid for! You are entitled to a manual and detail explanation of feature functionality! If they did not provide that to you, there is your leverage - "If they explained it to you when they offered it to you in finance, you would never buy it"!
Find a place and time away from people, alarm your car. Wait for 10 seconds for things to settle down and then try kicking your tires.
Since sensor is placed under drivers side dash, front left tire will be most sensitive to kicking. Rear right least!
Chirping sounds are warning. Kick it harder to set it off. You should be able to stop the horn by unlocking the car by the remote. If that does not work lock and unlock the car with the key in drivers door lock.

Quick Reply: i think i got jack on the price