General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Detailed Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Detailed Instructions

Does anyone know where I can find detailed instructions on removing the door panels to replace all four speakers?

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/technical.htm
Does not explain much.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
might want to check in the "inside" forum?

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
okay.. follow the instructions:

First, locate the clips that hold the armrest on. There are 4 of them underneath the armrest. Unclip it. Here is a pic of where they are:

Once u got that off, locate the 3 big screws hidden underneath. remove those. Also, unclip all the power window harnesses that is found underneath the door handle cover. Here is a pic:

Next, look behind the door handle. You should see a screw there. Remove that and slide the door handle forward. U will see a metal rod attached to the handle. Slide the clip off (green in color, its on the bottom corner of the picture below) and lift up the metal rod off the handle. Here is a pic:

Next, start from the bottom of the door panel. It's held in by white clips that hold the panel onto the door. Just stick ur fingers under the panel (near the outside edge of the door) and just pull forward. U will feel the door panel unclip. Just work ur way around and remove all the clips (i think there is 8 of em) if it's stuck on the door, use a pair of pliers to take em off and put em back onto the door panel for easy re-installation. Here is a pic of where the clips are located (they are dotted circles around the door panel in the pic below):

Once u got it off, the speaker is actually clipped in there. Don't force it or u will break the clip. Just stick a flathead screwdriver on the top of the speaker surround (white part) and push that metal clip down and pull the speaker forward. The bottom of the speaker is just wedged in there. here's a pic:

Hope it helps!

Oh i've done this on my car so i know what i'm talking about.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
I'll let you know how it turns out thanks a bunch and supposedly Crutchfield is sending instructions with the speakers.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Thanks for posting this, was about to damage the mount

I had figured out how to ge the panel off, but had figured out how the speaker was mounted. Was about to use force to yank it out and that would ruined the speaker mount. Now to figure out how to put a REAL speaker in there

Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
This thread was ages ago!

None the less it's helping people still.

I mounted my new speaker by using the black plastic mounts provided by crutchfield.com. I drilled these into the doors and then screwed the speakers into them. All came out great except one mount rattles. A little bit of silicone sealant would fix it just doesnt bother me enouph to take the panel back off.