General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I Wonder How Many Chevy Aveo Buyers Have A Clue The Car Is A Daewoo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I Wonder How Many Chevy Aveo Buyers Have A Clue The Car Is A Daewoo?

Odds are that most buyers are "Pro-American" which is nonsense nowadays anyway. I'll bet 10-1 that the Chevy salesman almost ALWAYS tell the buyer the cas is a US built car. Yes the sticker is an indicator but anyone buying an Aveo probably isn't checking where it was assembled and the amount of US parts etc. They sure are selling ALOT here in Hillbilly Florida!

Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Hillbilly FL, Represent!

R2

Old 09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
your right, chances are they are all buying them because they are "american"

I don't know why anyone would be interested in a brand new car with a warranty that's good on gas that can be had for UNDER $10,000. They must all be uneducated hillbillies

Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Fa1
Every Aveo I've seen on the road is an old white male driver.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM
If you don't read the parts content section of the window sticker then yes, I suppose someone might not know where it was made.

I would say that "most" Aveo buyers are being more frugal than patriotic in their purchase.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdm427
I would say that "most" Aveo buyers are being more frugal than patriotic in their purchase.
I agree. It's an affordable car!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Bought our 2004 Aveo for $8500 new - it's no Fit, but it was a great car until it was wrecked.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I looked at the Aveo before I purchased my Fit. I was looking for something that got really got good gas mileage, then I went to look at a Civic, and decided they were more than I wanted to spend. So when I took out the Fit, story over. But for a cheap car with good MPG's Nothing wrong with the Aveo.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
my sister has one, and its served her pretty well. dynamically, it is absolutely nothing to write home about, but its a pretty decent car. she says her gas mileage is not that great though.

the car was a gift from my gramps, and he specifically bought it because it IS a daewoo. (he's a big korean car guy.)

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 PM
my buddy have a wave which is pretty much the same thing, he hates it. i took him for a ride in the fit for the first time a couple a week ago and he loved it. he really regrets buying it now.lol they are ok thou i think, just not the best

Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Mpg

Originally Posted by jvm051
I looked at the Aveo before I purchased my Fit. I was looking for something that got really got good gas mileage, then I went to look at a Civic, and decided they were more than I wanted to spend. So when I took out the Fit, story over. But for a cheap car with good MPG's Nothing wrong with the Aveo.
The 09 might be better but I looked into the Aveo before the fit. I don't remember the exact #s but the MPG was MUCH worse than the fit. And yes I found out quickly that Daewoo made it. It just seemed shoddy in every way. I recently saw a review of the 09 and it seemed like they made great improvements. I'd still be very very wary about dependablity. GM cars built HERE suck in that regard god only knows how bad a GM/Daewoo might be.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
cross company parts is nothing new.

I drive a Neon SRT-4.

Even though it's a dodge, it has a Mercedes developed block, modified Chevy transmission from Chrysler call the T-850, and a Mitsubishi Turbo (TDO4), Saches clutch, and a Valeo intercooler. All that is stock/factory equipped.

Jaguar = Toyota = Lexus = Aston Martin = Mazda = Ford

GM = Chevy = GMC = Pontiac = Cadillac

Chrysler = Dodge = Jeep = Mitsubishi = Mercedes

Etc. etc.etc.etc.

It's been going on for years, and chances are good that if you have ever owned one of the Makes of cars listed above you are sharing parts with one of the relative Makes next to it. They just don't advertise it for this reason; they know there are "Brand Whores" that will or will not buy things based on Name Alone.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not saying that a Vanquish is just a RX-8 in Aston Martin clothing, I am saying the companies share parts and technologies. There are many more that I can not think of too, but I think you all get the point.

$0.02

Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 PM
relations

Originally Posted by cavie187
Jaguar = Toyota = Lexus = Aston Martin = Mazda = Ford

GM = Chevy = GMC = Pontiac = Cadillac

Chrysler = Dodge = Jeep = Mitsubishi = Mercedes

Etc. etc.etc.etc.

It's been going on for years, and chances are good that if you have ever owned one of the Makes of cars listed above you are sharing parts with one of the relative Makes next to it. They just don't advertise it for this reason; they know there are "Brand Whores" that will or will not buy things based on Name Alone.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not saying that a Vanquish is just a RX-8 in Aston Martin clothing, I am saying the companies share parts and technologies. There are many more that I can not think of too, but I think you all get the point.

$0.02
Nothing new here. I'd like to add GM/isuzu/daewoo.

I liked that My fit was made on mainland Japan but I'll bet my life that there's ALL KIND OF CHINESE PARTS IN THERE! Those interrelationships aren't going to end they will, in fact, get worse. Get used to it, the world is FLAT!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by feddup
Nothing new here. I'd like to add GM/isuzu/daewoo.

I liked that My fit was made on mainland Japan but I'll bet my life that there's ALL KIND OF CHINESE PARTS IN THERE! Those interrelationships aren't going to end they will, in fact, get worse. Get used to it, the world is FLAT!
My point exactly!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
at least the aveo's transmission is made in Japan

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
lol

Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
lol
Nothing against your choices but why would you buy BOTH a fit and an Aveo?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
check out this rice for sale on ebay..

$13,000 any takers?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
Nothing against your choices but why would you buy BOTH a fit and an Aveo?

i don't own an aveo. what are you talking about. i was just showing ya'll the sticker on an aveo's door from ebay.

if i had one i would beat the hell out of it

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 09-15-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
i doubt many of the chevy aveo owners give a shit. i mean, the aveo is a piece of garbage to start.

Quick Reply: I Wonder How Many Chevy Aveo Buyers Have A Clue The Car Is A Daewoo?