General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

US base model stereo question

Old 01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
US base model stereo question

does anyone know if the base model stereo on the US fit will feature the
"aux in" port that is featured on the sport stereo? i read the specs on the honda press site and it said that it didn't but then i thought i read something somewhere that said the stereo (not refering to the sport model necessarily) has the auxillary hook up... i'm hoping this is the case.
thanks
-rgr

Old 01-22-2006, 12:06 AM
yeah I am wondering the same thing too. Last i knew i looked at the same feature list and it said it's only for the sport. It a feature i really want bad.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm in Jamaica and have a Japan 2002 Fit, is there any way to change the radio and add an mp3 player or dvd player and still use the honda radio face and buttons?

Old 01-22-2006, 01:43 PM
The first colum is the base and the second is the sport- no, it doesn't have the aux input on the base model.

Audio Systems 120-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 4 Speakers x . 160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers . x 5-Mode Equalizer .. x MP3/ Windows Media(TM) Audio (WMA) Playback Capability . x MP3/ Auxiliary Input Jack . x Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC) x x

Old 01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
That didn't quite copy right, but the fact remains that there is no aux input on the base model. Sorry!

Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
In the recent Canadian press release it says
All Fit models can play music through an auxiliary audio jack
http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/Stor...Storyboard&N=1

Old 01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
there it is

there we go... 2 conflicting sources from honda...
if the base comes with the auxilary jack then i'll get it...
"All Fit models can play music through an auxiliary audio jack from portable WMA or MP3 music players, such as the Apple® iPod®. "

here's the whole press release...

Fit makes Canadian debut at Montreal Auto Show
MONTREAL (January 19, 2006) – The new 2007 Honda Fit, a 5-door hatchback scheduled to go on sale in Canada on April 1, made its Canadian debut during a press preview at the Montreal International Auto Show.* Fit will enter Canada's growing small car segment with class-leading feature content, refinement, interior functionality, sporty driving character and high levels of standard safety equipment.*

"We believe that Canadians will be drawn to the Fit five-door hatchback knowing how much they love their hatchbacks," said Jim Miller, executive vice president of Honda Canada Inc.* "And we are confident that Canadians will embrace the Fit with its unique features such as the Magic rear seat, overall quality, high level of standard safety equipment and fun-to-drive performance.* In the first calendar year, we expect to sell about 12,000 units."

The Fit emphasizes style, technology and value. It features a 109-horsepower, 1.5-litre engine, a 5-speed manual transmission or an available, first-in-segment 5-speed automatic transmission.* Fit features a large interior with multiple seating and cargo configurations to carry up to five adults and a wide assortment of various-sized cargo.*

Fit will be offered in three trim levels with a base DX model, LX and Sport.* The Fit Sport model features wheel-mounted paddle shifters (with the automatic transmission option), and includes an underbody kit, rear roofline spoiler, fog lights, security system with keyless remote entry, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel and 15-inch alloy wheels with P195/55R15 tires. The Fit Sport also offers a premium 160-watt, AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers and five-mode equalizer.* All Fit models can play music through an auxiliary audio jack from portable WMA or MP3 music players, such as the Apple® iPod®.
Inside of Fit is a surprisingly large passenger and cargo space for both maximum comfort and utility. At the foundation is Fit's Magic Seatä, an innovative 60/40 split rear seat that allows the seatbacks to fold down or the seat bottoms to flip up, providing four distinct seating and cargo carrying configurations (refresh mode, tall object mode, long object mode and utility mode).

A consumer preview web site for the Honda Fit can be accessed at www.honda.ca/fit.**

Honda is the world's preeminent maker of engines for automobiles, motorcycles and power equipment.* With 124 manufacturing facilities in 28 countries worldwide, Honda now attracts nearly 20 million customers annually.* Honda Canada manufactures the Honda Ridgeline, Civic and Pilot, and the Acura CSX and MDX at its two plants in Alliston, Ontario.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:49 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
If you find the press pictures from one of the other threads, there's one showing what it claims is the dash of the base model (and the steering wheel lacks the cruise control buttons). The stereo controls include an 'AUX' button, which means... nothing, until someone actually drives one home.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 PM
If the set up is similar to the Civic, the auxillary jack should be an optional accessory that can be added to the base model. Or the MusicLink cable can be added to hook up your Ipod directly.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by rgrcmrn
there we go... 2 conflicting sources from honda...
Honda USA and Honda Canada are known for offering their models with slight differences. Just because one market says it will have a feature, it doesn't mean the other will have it.

Canada gets 3 trim levels.

USA gets 2.

The only things we know will identical for both markets are the name, motor and transmissions.