Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > General Fit Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Welcome to Fit Freak!
Welcome to Fit Freak,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 AM

ke422azn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4
Level up: 56%, 22 Points needed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Arometrics Air Freshener Ruined my Stereo Control Panel

The dealer says the control panel is directly connected to the radio and if I had to replace it, I would have to replace the whole thing which is 600 dollars. Does anyone know where I can get this for cheaper?

Click the image to open in full size.

I had the air freshener where the center air vent is. It basically driped down vertically, crossed the display, and horizontally below the display.

FYI never buy arometrics air freshner, this piece of crap ruined my car.
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member

Koi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to liveKoi relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,472, Level: 30 Points: 2,472, Level: 30 Points: 2,472, Level: 30
Level up: 15%, 128 Points needed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
It's the risk you run with any air freshener that has liquid that can spill out, not just Arometrics. Speaking of which, I better move mine away from the center so it can't drip over the electronics.

If you're looking for just the control unit (not the actual audio unit inside) - Bernardi Honda has it for $358.79 - part # 39100-TK6-305ZA

The audio unit is #39171-TK6-A01 and $416.64

Good luck.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Speedmojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 191, Level: 3 Points: 191, Level: 3 Points: 191, Level: 3
Level up: 82%, 9 Points needed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Same thing happened in my SRT-4. It ruined the stock radio screen along with the HVAC controls. I will never buy another airfreshener that contains organic solvents.

Personally when it comes to airfresheners I prefer the small pouches. They don't last long but you toss them under a seat and then replace every 2-3 weeks.

Another air freshener that I like are the vent tabs that insert into the vent. I haven't tried these on the Fit vents yet, but they work well and last longer than pouches.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM

mjaccord is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Liquid Air Fresheners are a hazardous material

About two weeks ago I had decided to buy an air freshener with a different appeal, so I went to the AutoZone and purchased the Arometrics air freshener. I wish I knew about the potential risk about this air freshener.
I placed the air freshener in the front vent above the stereo. The temperature here has stayed around the 80's. To my surprise, about a few days later I took the car for a drive. Immediatley, I could not believe what hap happened to my front panel. It looked as if someone had poured liquid acid and instantly peeled the material of the panel including the touch bottoms for the stereo device. I realized the problem was the ''Arometrics air freshener" after the battle was covered with liquid which had dripped on my front panel.
Avoid liquid air fresheners at all cost. I have used liquid airfresheners before but of different brands. Unfortunately, I didn't run with the same luck this time with "Arometrics".
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM