Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > General Fit Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member

Edison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 4,310, Level: 41 Points: 4,310, Level: 41 Points: 4,310, Level: 41
Level up: 80%, 40 Points needed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Daily Activity: 4.1%
Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1%
Send a message via AIM to Edison Carasio
How do I get mustard out of my seat?!?

Someone got mustard on my dang passenger seat!!!! How can I get this out???

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Edison Carasio; 08-28-2009 at 03:38 PM..
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:49 PM

doublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to live
What have you tried so far? I find white (distilled vinegar) gets out most things (provided you don't mind the odor that lingers for a while). The other thing I also use is regular spray on window cleaner (like windex) - spray it on, wipe it off (it's the ammonia in it that works I think).

Mind you, plain water should always be your first choice - and mustard really shouldn't be too bad.

Honda family - 08 Fit Sport MT, 08 Fit Base AT, 03 Civic MT
Old 08-28-2009, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

Edison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to liveEdison Carasio relies on Rep Points to live
I didn't try anything yet, as I let my buddy borrow the car on lunch at work. Then saw it when I took the keys back and went to lunch myself.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member

Vanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to liveVanct relies on Rep Points to live
vantranphoto transl8e
Points: 2,730, Level: 31 Points: 2,730, Level: 31 Points: 2,730, Level: 31
Level up: 87%, 20 Points needed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Daily Activity: 2.7%
Daily Activity: 2.7% Daily Activity: 2.7% Daily Activity: 2.7%
Sure, "mustard".

Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM

mikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to livemikejet relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 6,396, Level: 52 Points: 6,396, Level: 52 Points: 6,396, Level: 52
Level up: 23%, 154 Points needed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Daily Activity: 1.3%
Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3%
You don't keep a Tide pen in your car? You should!

Try Oxiclean though. That stuff works wonders.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member

WhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to liveWhiteSnake relies on Rep Points to live
second the Oxi Clean, no bleach and it has never failed me.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net

TaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 3,876, Level: 39 Points: 3,876, Level: 39 Points: 3,876, Level: 39
Level up: 51%, 74 Points needed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio View Post
I didn't try anything yet, as I let my buddy borrow the car on lunch at work. Then saw it when I took the keys back and went to lunch myself.
Present said "buddy" with a bill for interior detailing.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:04 PM

TaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to liveTaffetaWhite relies on Rep Points to live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanct View Post
Sure, "mustard".
hahahahahahaaaaaa
Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member

I hope he got mustard in my car and nothing else . . . . .
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member

Fitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to liveFitguy07 relies on Rep Points to live
Hostile Firearm
Points: 2,450, Level: 29 Points: 2,450, Level: 29 Points: 2,450, Level: 29
Level up: 50%, 150 Points needed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Daily Activity: 3.7%
Daily Activity: 3.7% Daily Activity: 3.7% Daily Activity: 3.7%
That's why nobody drives my car but me. I would have been Pissed when he came back and I saw that.
JDM Door Sills/JDM Wiper Mod/Red Fit Dot Emblem
PIAA Xtreme White H4s /PIAA Yellow Fogs
LED Dome, Cargo, & License Plate Lights
Blitz Throttle Controller/K&N Intake
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member

Red 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to liveRed 05 relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 1,576, Level: 22 Points: 1,576, Level: 22 Points: 1,576, Level: 22
Level up: 76%, 24 Points needed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Daily Activity: 3.4%
Daily Activity: 3.4% Daily Activity: 3.4% Daily Activity: 3.4%
Everyone I work with doesn't know how to drive a MT, so I'm lucky!

Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM

doublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to livedoublefit relies on Rep Points to live
Your primary problem is going to be if instead of plain mustard, what you have there is a mixture of mustard and, say mayo, because then you're got grease to deal with. Whatever you use, scrape of the solid matter and then start from the outside in, so as not to leave a ring.

Personally - I wouldn't use the Mr Clean magic eraser until you've tried everything else: I love those things, and they're great for getting grease off of hard surfaces, but I doubt they'd make much of an impact on upholstery, AND they may leave a white residue.

Jennifer

Old 08-28-2009, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

I'll try something when I get home from work and see if it works. Damn mustard.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 PM

stevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to livestevet47 relies on Rep Points to live
I've used Resolve Dual Power carpet cleaner on my truck. It worked too good actually. Not only did it take out the stain but it cleaned the seat soo well that the rest of the seat looked dirty. lol
Old 08-28-2009, 06:01 PM

amelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to liveamelsportfit relies on Rep Points to live
wet any of your basketball pants with a little soap then sit on it and drive for a while or if youre not doing anything you can put soap and water in a bucket and rinse a shirt and dont twist the shirt to much so there's still wetness in it. then shape it one the gray part of the seat and just for couple of minutes or longer. haha hope this helps lol. thats what i do
Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 PM

You could just make it worse by doing something, which is why I really recommend a professional.

Because if you lighten, darken, or otherwise change the color via cleaning products, you're then completely stuck. It also may affect the fabric strength and texture.

Seriously, take it to a dealer for a detail wash inside and out. That way if it gets wrecked (again), you have another person to blame. Them and not you.

Because one option is just to cut out that stained, soiled fabric, but you probably wouldn't do that. So why would you mess with the fabric inside otherwise? These various fixes may or may not do the trick, and a combination of fixes could be just as bad as cutting out the seat fabric.

Like if chemicals mix or the foam underneath melts/deteriorates.

Your whole interior will be "like new" if you go via your dealer.

P.S. the costs for the cleaning products that don't work or wreck the fabric/foam would be on top of the costs for a pro detail or fabric/foam replacement. You can save the costs of the cleaning products by just going pro.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Gbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to live
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite View Post
You could just make it worse by doing something, which is why I really recommend a professional.

Because if you lighten, darken, or otherwise change the color via cleaning products, you're then completely stuck. It also may affect the fabric strength and texture.

Seriously, take it to a dealer for a detail wash inside and out. That way if it gets wrecked (again), you have another person to blame. Them and not you.

Because one option is just to cut out that stained, soiled fabric, but you probably wouldn't do that. So why would you mess with the fabric inside otherwise? These various fixes may or may not do the trick, and a combination of fixes could be just as bad as cutting out the seat fabric.

Like if chemicals mix or the foam underneath melts/deteriorates.

Your whole interior will be "like new" if you go via your dealer.

P.S. the costs for the cleaning products that don't work or wreck the fabric/foam would be on top of the costs for a pro detail or fabric/foam replacement. You can save the costs of the cleaning products by just going pro.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never get your car detailed by a dealership, their definition of detailing is to scratch up and ruin everything
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never get your car detailed by a dealership, their definition of detailing is to scratch up and ruin everything
Huh?

Maybe it depends on the dealership.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM

Perhaps it's being female, or a mother, but it would take more than mustard to push me into taking it to the dealer for detailing. Honestly - a food stain is not such a big deal: start with the weakest solution (water) and work your way up. Car upholstery is much more resilient than you give it credit for. I have cleaned cherry Koolaid and Mirin off of car seats with no residue or discoloring, and several other unidentifiable strange substances. Biro responds well to hairspray, if you're interested.

P.S.

If you end up getting it wetter than you would like and you don't have a shopvac, a filling station vacuum cleaner will remove a lot of water.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned

Gbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to liveGbaby2089 relies on Rep Points to live
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite View Post
Huh?

Maybe it depends on the dealership.
i have NEVER heard anything good about dealership 'detailings'
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM