General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 4dr4life!
Called American Honda and talked to a Rep about my problem. Its still under warranty and I'll be taking it too the dealer either today or tomorrow. Im car pooling with the wife and I have to go pick her up later.
Keep us posted on this. I have an A/T too. you're scaring me.

P.S. haven't noticed any alignment problems yet but i'll check on the way to work tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
This is a strange one that I have not yet schedualed to have looked at buy the dealer . I plan to do it at the 3000 mile oil change. What happened is the driver window rolled down with out me touching the button... At the same time the side air bag off light illuminated... I called the dealer. I think it may be due that water came inside the car while I was driving. It was light raining and suddenly water gushed in getting my armrest and inside door panel wet. 1000 miles latter and no rain the side air bag light came on and stayed on for a short time.
I have no conclutions about this until I get the car into the dealer. I will keep you posted. I should have it looked at soon

Old 06-26-2006, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Keep us posted on this. I have an A/T too. you're scaring me.
Just picked up my car... HAHAHA omg I must be losing my touch or just dumb. I accidently took the wrong fuse under the dash to replace one of my headlight fuse that went out on me. I must have read the fuse diagram wrong and pulled the fuse for the Fly-By-Wire. Thats why I couldnt go anywhere and had a check engine light. Im so embarrased... Lesson learned...

Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
So there is no reported Transmission concerns for your FIT!! YEAH!!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Nope...

Old 06-26-2006, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome news!!!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Check Fuel Cap

Message came back on today.

Filled up on Friday, tightened 6 clicks (old habit). Had a cold front come through, just like last time. Drive to work in unusually cool weather. Car sat in lot and heated up with 75 very lightly driven miles so fuel level in the tank would have been about the same. When I left work, message came on about 30 sec. after cranking. Checked when I got home, cap not loose.

Honda has an issue here that their engineers will have to figure out. My advice is to talk to a service manager if this happens to you and make a report, get them to write a repair order so you will be in whatever system they have and keep in touch or watch this forum for a fix.

Until then, get acquainted with fuse 16.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by rayzer59
Message came back on today.

Filled up on Friday, tightened 6 clicks (old habit). Had a cold front come through, just like last time. Drive to work in unusually cool weather. Car sat in lot and heated up with 75 very lightly driven miles so fuel level in the tank would have been about the same. When I left work, message came on about 30 sec. after cranking. Checked when I got home, cap not loose.

Honda has an issue here that their engineers will have to figure out. My advice is to talk to a service manager if this happens to you and make a report, get them to write a repair order so you will be in whatever system they have and keep in touch or watch this forum for a fix.

Until then, get acquainted with fuse 16.
Could it be a bad gas cap?

Old 06-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I have had my Fit for about 1600 miles. I hit a pretty good pothole about 300 miles into ownership and now it pulls a little left. The other thing is that I have had to hit the brakes a few times till ABS kicked in. Everytime it yanks a bit to the right, not that its not easily correctable, but just a little unsettling. Anyone else have odd issues with straight line hard breaking?

Old 06-28-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingdlx
Could it be a bad gas cap?

Anything's possible. I have filled up twice now and no light.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
AC Not Working!!!

The AC button will not engage, and the ac will not run unless you hold your finger on the button. This, coupled with a faulty window "weather strip"!! Plus, I call the dealer and their Saturday hours are an illusion.

Maybe I should have bought an Aveo. It would be easier to handle the repairs on a two week old car at the lower price.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Does anyone get a random airbag light? I have the red main airbag light come on and off randomly for a couple minutes sometimes, once the side airbag light came on too. Im gonna have it checked out but I have an intake so I might take it off before hand.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tucker2
The AC button will not engage, and the ac will not run unless you hold your finger on the button. This, coupled with a faulty window "weather strip"!! Plus, I call the dealer and their Saturday hours are an illusion.

Maybe I should have bought an Aveo. It would be easier to handle the repairs on a two week old car at the lower price.
That sucks. Who makes the Aveo? If you're talking about the suzuki Areo then be glad you didn't buy one. You'd be on your 2nd tranny before your Fit was due for it's first tune up.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:49 PM
The Aveo is a Chevy, I believe. It's been something of a joke, but is priced under the Fit. Considering what I'm seeing from Honda at this point, I guess the laughs on me.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
The Aveo is a Chevy, I believe. It's been something of a joke, but is priced under the Fit. Considering what I'm seeing from Honda at this point, I guess the laughs on me.
Don't despair bro. Honda's are great cars. Much better than i Chevy IMO. It does suck bigtime that you are put out. I'd be pissed off too!

Just curious, what's the last 5 digits of your VIN? That's your production number. Wondring if that has anything to do with it.

Peace.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Unhappy Encouragement and general mumblings

I'm betting (with my own completed purchase) that you made the better choice. I use to drive 20 miles to the dealer, right past the local dealer 3 miles from my house. Both have changed some so I'm a bit cautions these days all around.

Now it sounds like time to call around for a quality dealer not too far away- with real Saturday hours or maybe a loaner. Don't know your situation enough to give anything else helpful but would encourage you to escalate the problem to Honda if the dealership is unreasonable.

Let us know how it comes out.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
If you're ticked off at the dealer, call Honda customer service and ask for a "reputable" dealer with Sat. hours. You may even get an anxious call from the original dealer that let you down. Be glad you didn't buy the Aveo. I rented one while waiting for my Fit to arrive -- no comparison! I guess you have to go through a dealer for warranty work.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I know it will be a great car; it's just frustrating. The dealer advertises hours of 8-3 on Saturday and sold that to me when I bought the car. When I called yesterday, they said they only had one tech on Saturdays to basically finish up work already in process. That was definately not what I was told before I signed the papers.

I was tired on scrambling for rides and arrangements to get to work around maintenance in an 11 year old car. That's WHY I bought a new car...

On the good side, this site is awesome. Another thread reminded me that the ac comes on automatically when you run the defroster, so that's what I am doing. Much better... Why couldn't their service tech think of that one temporarily??? THANKS!

Old 07-01-2006, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Had a nasty incident with a curb/driveway. Long story short, the left side of my front skirt is slightly warped and there's a 2 mm gap between my bumper and the side fender. Would this be covered? Should I just take it to my dealership or are there any better service departments out there in the Vancouver area?

Terrible timing too, was going to get a clearbra installed AND it's a statutory holiday weekend.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
No, that would not be covered. You ran into something, its not a manufacturing defect.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs