General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Questions on some settings

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Questions on some settings

Just picked up my new 2010 Fit Sport AT on Monday.

Some questions not answered by the owner's manual, or at least not easily found:

1. Clicking the key remote once locks the car and twice sets the alarm too? Is there a way to turn off that this also honks the horn? I come home late at night and there's no reason to wake the neighbors. (and for those who say it's not loud-- it is loud, it's just for a very short period of time so it doesn't seem loud, but it can wake you up)

2. I think it's great to have an 8 gb thumb drive with 300 CDs on it. I see that my thumb drive has folders and sub-folders (folder for each artist, then a subfolder for each album, and each song's a separate file). Will it allow sub-subfolders? So I could have classical in one and rock in the other. Because I'd rather not have it go in alphabetical order from Mahler to Metallica to Mozart...

3. When I hit the folder button (or whatever it's called) it changes the display from Artist to Album to Track, but first it displays the category (Artist, Album, Track, or whatever it calls them). I don't need to first be told what it's displaying, I just want the display... any way to turn that off?

4. No easy way to unlock the hatch if the battery in the remote dies? There's no keyhole and no interior release?

5. Anybody know what happens if I have a thumb drive in the glove box AND an MP3 player plugged into the dashboard?

By the way, check your tires when you get a new car. Mine were down a few lbs of pressure, presumably because the car had been at the dealership for 3 months and they did the pre-delivery inspection when it arrived, not when I bought it.

Thanks, and I hope I can answer your questions some day...

-Shaun

Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
1. Clicking the key remote once locks the car and twice sets the alarm too? Is there a way to turn off that this also honks the horn? I come home late at night and there's no reason to wake the neighbors. (and for those who say it's not loud-- it is loud, it's just for a very short period of time so it doesn't seem loud, but it can wake you up)
As far as I'm aware, just hitting the button once locks & sets the alarm, i think the 2nd time you hit it, it honks the horn as to give you an audible confirmation that it's been locked and alarmed.

2. I think it's great to have an 8 gb thumb drive with 300 CDs on it. I see that my thumb drive has folders and sub-folders (folder for each artist, then a subfolder for each album, and each song's a separate file). Will it allow sub-subfolders? So I could have classical in one and rock in the other. Because I'd rather not have it go in alphabetical order from Mahler to Metallica to Mozart...
I don't know that one.. never tried.

3. When I hit the folder button (or whatever it's called) it changes the display from Artist to Album to Track, but first it displays the category (Artist, Album, Track, or whatever it calls them). I don't need to first be told what it's displaying, I just want the display... any way to turn that off?
not sure i understand.. i always have mine on random. But you can toggle between whats displayed by the 'title' button.

4. No easy way to unlock the hatch if the battery in the remote dies? There's no keyhole and no interior release?
hit the lock/unlock button on the drivers side, next to the window buttons. it locks/unlocks all doors, including the hatch.

5. Anybody know what happens if I have a thumb drive in the glove box AND an MP3 player plugged into the dashboard?
you can switch between them by hitting AUX

By the way, check your tires when you get a new car. Mine were down a few lbs of pressure, presumably because the car had been at the dealership for 3 months and they did the pre-delivery inspection when it arrived, not when I bought it.
Your TPMS should kick in if they're too low.. not sure what pressure they have to be at to light up though?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks. My tires were 3+ lbs low so maybe the TPMS signals at 4 or more? Either way I'll be checking them with a gauge at least monthly. Don't want the seven bucks I spent for a digital tire gauge five years ago to go to waste!

To better explain my point #3, when you hit the Title button it says "Title" or "Artist" or "Track" for a couple of seconds (to let you know WHAT it's about to display), THEN it displays the info.

I'd rather hit the button and just have it tell me what I'm looking for without the 2 second delay.

Totally forgot that the door unlock button applies to the hatch too.

The car salesman told me that one push of the remote Lock button only locked the doors, the second push turned on the alarm...

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Cool One push...

Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
The car salesman told me that one push of the remote Lock button only locked the doors, the second push turned on the alarm...
Does only lock the doors. But if the doors are locked 30 seconds later, the alarm is armed.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:37 AM
To better explain my point #3, when you hit the Title button it says "Title" or "Artist" or "Track" for a couple of seconds (to let you know WHAT it's about to display), THEN it displays the info.

I'd rather hit the button and just have it tell me what I'm looking for without the 2 second delay.
okay, I know what you're talking about, yeah thats kinda annoying, but I've never looked into it... maybe someone else has?..

only one way to find out.. brb

Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM
The Salesman is wrong, one hit of the button will lock the doors and set the alarm. I Just tested it.

edit: blackbeard is correct.. i will rephrase. when you hit the lock button once it locks the doors.. and then 30 seconds later it automatically turns on the alarm.

Last edited by LeafEater; 12-02-2010 at 08:47 AM.