General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Pros vs Cons of Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't have any cons to say about tint, it's great, I have 32% all around on the Fit, and nothing on my daily driver 92 Eclipse, the temp of both on the same day is shockingly different, the Eclipse with half the amount of windows as the Fit is a blazing inferno, while the Fit with the tint is comfortable enough inside until I can get the AC to cool it down.

Of course if you go too dark it could cause problems in the dark, my wife has 5% limo tint on the back glass only of her Nissan Frontier and its so dark you can't see anything out the back at night.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
that's about the sum of it...
Yes sir K, that does sum it up!!!!
Thanx for the photo, now I know it's true..

Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
I found that by removing the panel under glove compartment and removing the A/C duct to the console the inside of my car gets much cooler and the evaporator doesn't ice up either.. Since the practical use of window film is to cool down down a car that I would share this info.. My car gets much cooler doing this and we have had the highest 24 hour temperature average for the longest period on record for the last 36 days.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Lightbulb

I've always had my windows tinted and have had NO problems with the radio or any GPS usuage.

For under $200 it really changes the way the car looks and keeps the temps down inside and with the Fit's weak a/c, that's a good thing IMO

Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I found that by removing the panel under glove compartment and removing the A/C duct to the console the inside of my car gets much cooler and the evaporator doesn't ice up either.. Since the practical use of window film is to cool down down a car that I would share this info.. My car gets much cooler doing this and we have had the highest 24 hour temperature average for the longest period on record for the last 36 days.
interesting... here in the tropics with constant blazing sun... tinting and ice cold a/c is a definite must, unless you want to feel like roast duck... so sir Tex, could you please elaborate more on the removing of a/c duct to the console? which ducting did you remove?

Old 08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
privacy is the best feature, interior wont fade.
I would strongly say if you get pulled over roll the windows down so the officers can see. He is concerned with safety... Officers have tinted windows also they understand but they will appreciate that

Old 08-07-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
interesting... here in the tropics with constant blazing sun... tinting and ice cold a/c is a definite must, unless you want to feel like roast duck... so sir Tex, could you please elaborate more on the removing of a/c duct to the console? which ducting did you remove?
My car is left hand drive and the Glovebox on the right with a removable panel below it. The is a vertical duct that has a circular shape at the top where it slides into the plastic A/C ducting and it is open on other end where it hooks to the console Removing the panel and the duct will flow enough air inside the cabin that it id as cool as a luxury car and the air is moving fast enough that the evaporator doesn't freeze up even at over 108 Degrees F...I drive mine that way now but it take a few second to put it back if the rear seat passengers start bitching..

Old 08-08-2011, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
My car is left hand drive and the Glovebox on the right with a removable panel below it. The is a vertical duct that has a circular shape at the top where it slides into the plastic A/C ducting and it is open on other end where it hooks to the console Removing the panel and the duct will flow enough air inside the cabin that it id as cool as a luxury car and the air is moving fast enough that the evaporator doesn't freeze up even at over 108 Degrees F...I drive mine that way now but it take a few second to put it back if the rear seat passengers start bitching..
TC, so that's wtf fell from underneath my glove box... I've had it thrown into my cargo bay for a month now, too lazy to figure out wth it came from.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I say go for it. I've had my windows tinted since I bought my 07 fit. Looks good, keeps the car cooler, plus makes my Taffy's color pop! No probs with mobile phone............never heard of that interfering???

Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 AM
thanks, i'll try that... maybe it can help cooling my jazz. it's just not cold enough...

Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
pro.

it looks cool. keeps car cooler. makes me feel more like i'm in my own private bubble instead of having passer-buyers look at me while they cruise on by.

con.

great quality tint is pretty expensive.