General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Paint Peeling from Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
I was at the dealer today and showed them the bumper, the guy said no problem, thats obviously a defect. Gave me the # and info for the dealer bodyshop he said they would take care of it. Dunno when I will take it in but at least it sounds like all the dealers are being cooperative.

Last edited by Jetydosa; 08-04-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by fit_4_a_king
WOW - after noticing the paint peeling on the four corners of the bumper, I started to go over other parts of my Fit, and noticed that there is paint peeling on the roof. On my NBP it is on the driver's side closer to the rear, along the rain channel, but on the roof side. I will try to get pics up tomorrow.

Now this is getting out of control. It appears that Honda will have to paint both bumpers, possibly the front fenders and rear quarter panels, and now the roof. That's pretty much the whole car except for the doors and hood.
this is something that is really disturbing to me. bumpers... sucks, but not too terrible. but this is ridiculous. please everyone check the rest of your cars and lets see if there are more cases like this.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:16 PM
My SSM is doing it front and rear. Both sides up front, only one side on the rear.

I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Mine is peeling a tiny bit on the passenger side of the rear bumper.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Retired Moderator
man I was the first to report this problem and my dealer STILL hasn't called me back yet...I went to them last Monday...

Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM
my fit is still on order, but my dealer actually called me today to let me know it will be here in 2 weeks. i tried to mention the paint problem to him because i was hoping just to get the thing repainted and done with before i even picked it up. unfortunatly he stated he has not heard anything about it, but he did mention that the paint has a warranty of 5 years on it so if it does start to peel later i can just bring it in.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
man I was the first to report this problem and my dealer STILL hasn't called me back yet...I went to them last Monday...
Did you call Honda with your problem and state your VIN with your dealer? That's what I did and that sort of speed up the problem...Honda actuall called me TWICE back and told me that they authorized my dealer to repaint the bumper for me and the dealer called and confirmed that they will repaint the bumper. I just need to bring it in now. So let Honda know first, althought I hate bring'n in a 2 month old car in for service, Honda's customer service has been A+++ so far...

Old 08-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator
I called Honda Canada last week and told them my problem. They took down my VIN etc. and said to give them a week...it's been a week...my dealer is going to get a really really REALLY bad review from me...

Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 AM
pNz
5 Year Member
i went to my dealer today to show him the problem. he took my info down and said that only some District manager can give the ok to have it repainted. He said that the "DM" only comes once a month and hell call me 1 week b4 the "DM" is going to show to bring me car in. i dunno, sounds like b.s. what do you think?

Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
I say eventually they will fix it up...it's very obvious this is a paint defect and with so many proves here...we all kno this ain't isolated incident...did you give Honda Canada a link to this page?? That's what I did with US Honda...perhaps that speed up the process...

Old 08-04-2006, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
After the repaint.. will this happen again?
is it crappy paint or because there's too much pressure on the bumpers causing the peeling?

Old 08-04-2006, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
I don't see that happening in my taffeta. This worries me because.....will it happen latter and then nobody will fix it for warranty?????

Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Angry

Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I just drove up to a local dealer and told them about it and they just said alright, bring it in and leave it for about a day and we can fix it for you! I hope that includes a loaner for the time being.. I got work! but I will try and get it in by the end of this week
I took my car in right work, droped my car off.. signed everything.. did everything that needed to be done. Then went inside to speak with the samesman (after waitting literally and hour). I signed the papers for the loaner car and transfered everything out of my car into the loaner. Drove off and was about half way home when I got a call on my phone. It was the salesman telling me I had to come back because they can't give me a loaner car since I didn't buy the car from them!! Never once was I asked weather or not I bought the car from them or anything, I even told them that I had bought the car out of state and they said its no problem we can get ya fixed.. So after driving back in 5 o'clock traffic to take the car back. I dropped it off. I was going over the situation with the salesman telling him thats my only means of transportation, I asked him if there was anyway I could get a car. He told me exactly this "Yea we can get you a car, the white one you came in". That just pissed me off and I demanded my car and left, but before I did I asked him if he could get me the phone numbers to the other local honda dealerships.. just to annoy him. Today I will be calling them and having a word with their service manager.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Wow - that sux. Way to build a customer base lol

Old 08-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trowpa
Wow - that sux. Way to build a customer base lol
yeah.. screw them. I would of bought my car from there but they didn't have any of the kind I wanted so I went out of state for it!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:04 AM
hope my local dealership doesn't treat me like that I bought 1.5 hrs away - was hoping to use my town's honda dealership for service (same as you, i would have gladly bought from them if they had the car when I wanted)...you'd think they'd at least be happy to get the profit from the service...not to mention future loyalty for my next honda...

Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trowpa
hope my local dealership doesn't treat me like that I bought 1.5 hrs away - was hoping to use my town's honda dealership for service (same as you, i would have gladly bought from them if they had the car when I wanted)...you'd think they'd at least be happy to get the profit from the service...not to mention future loyalty for my next honda...
I guess some dealerships don't care about that kinda stuff..

Old 08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM

I took my car in right work, droped my car off.. signed everything.. did everything that needed to be done. Then went inside to speak with the samesman (after waitting literally and hour). I signed the papers for the loaner car and transfered everything out of my car into the loaner. Drove off and was about half way home when I got a call on my phone. It was the salesman telling me I had to come back because they can't give me a loaner car since I didn't buy the car from them!! Never once was I asked weather or not I bought the car from them or anything, I even told them that I had bought the car out of state and they said its no problem we can get ya fixed.. So after driving back in 5 o'clock traffic to take the car back. I dropped it off. I was going over the situation with the salesman telling him thats my only means of transportation, I asked him if there was anyway I could get a car. He told me exactly this "Yea we can get you a car, the white one you came in". That just pissed me off and I demanded my car and left, but before I did I asked him if he could get me the phone numbers to the other local honda dealerships.. just to annoy him. Today I will be calling them and having a word with their service manager.
That sucks

Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM
I took my car to two Honda dealers today.

Booourns to Kitchener Honda who said it was definitly a problem, but because they did not have their own paintshop they weren't willing to make the arrangements to have another place paint the bumpers as I did not purchase my car from them.

But a double w00t w00t to Waterloo Honda, who quickly agreed it was a problem, booked an appointment and will try to get me a loaner for the few days I will be without a car. What gets me is that I did not even buy my car from them, but yet they were extremly helpful and wanting my business.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
FYI
For thoes of us that bought our car at another dealership from the one we will be getting the work done, they will not give you a car unless you complain alot or are really nice. I just tried to take my car in and since I bought my car out of state I could not get a loaner.. so I was told.. I am in the middle of complaining to get a loner car because I actually had one and I was half way home then got a call to return the call since I did not buy it from their dealership. Needless to say that ruined my day and Iam tryin to save the others that may also be in the same situation..

Last edited by claymore; 08-05-2006 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling from Front Bumper