Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > General Fit Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Illusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to live
Send a message via MSN to Illusive
Exclamation Paint Peeling from Front Bumper

Well, after helping my cousin put his engine back together in his MR2, I got around to checking my fenders in preparation for my lowering springs. Low and behold, I saw some paint peeling from the bumper! Went to my dealer and spoke with my salesman today and he told me to come back on Monday so that he and I could head over to service to sort it out. Either way, they are going to repaint my bumper for me at their cost AND get my Ventureshield back on the bumper. Quite pissed off at the quality of the paint so far.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member

gettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 9,345, Level: 64 Points: 9,345, Level: 64 Points: 9,345, Level: 64
Level up: 99%, 5 Points needed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
THat sucks, now i have to check my VBP bumper for peeling!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:27 AM

Jonniedee is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Love my Fit - HATE the paint.
I've had bug impacts put chips in the bumper paint now
Old 07-23-2006, 11:32 AM

TheDanger is on a distinguished road
My back bumper is doing the same thing in the same spot.

Doug
2007 Honda Fit
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM

daviddahlb is on a distinguished road
mine is doing the same thing there as well, though not as badly as that.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member

gettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to livegettinafit relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 9,345, Level: 64 Points: 9,345, Level: 64 Points: 9,345, Level: 64
Level up: 99%, 5 Points needed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
just checked mine, ans all is o.k. at the moment

Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Illusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to liveIllusive relies on Rep Points to live
The other side of my bumper is starting as well. It looks like when the factory secured the front bumper to the body, it was too tight and the paint is giving way to the fender. Another thing I noticed is that there is no primer underneath the paint. If I was to pick at it, the paint would peel away from the bumper right now. Honda really cheaped out and didn't apply the primer and hence the paint is coming off easily from the bumper.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Master FitFreaker

aziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to liveaziatiklover relies on Rep Points to live
Send a message via AIM to aziatiklover
damn that just sucks man hope your dealership can do something about it
Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member

sLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 7,461, Level: 57 Points: 7,461, Level: 57 Points: 7,461, Level: 57
Level up: 56%, 89 Points needed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Send a message via AIM to sLiVeRwOrM Send a message via MSN to sLiVeRwOrM
DUDE I have the EXACT same thing happening to me on the FRONT and BACK!!! WTF?!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:01 AM

I wonder if enough of us complain we can get this as a warranty issue

Doug
2007 Honda Fit
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanger
I wonder if enough of us complain we can get this as a warranty issue
Honestly, I think this will become quite a large issue for Honda and will definitely be covered under warranty. Question is, will they have a recall for all Honda Fit bumpers. I remember another member got dinged in the front and their paint was peeling off pretty bad. I guess I will find out later today whether or not it will be covered. If not, I'll go ballistic!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member

gimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 8,594, Level: 62 Points: 8,594, Level: 62 Points: 8,594, Level: 62
Level up: 48%, 156 Points needed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Daily Activity: 15.2%
Daily Activity: 15.2% Daily Activity: 15.2% Daily Activity: 15.2%
Send a message via AIM to gimme
All I can add to this is that the paint on my hood of my NBP is horrible. I am just gonna have my buddy resquirt it and throw on some extra clear.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:41 AM

Well for anyone that this is happening to we need to start bringing it to thier attention.

Doug
2007 Honda Fit
Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member

sLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to livesLiVeRwOrM relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 7,461, Level: 57 Points: 7,461, Level: 57 Points: 7,461, Level: 57
Level up: 56%, 89 Points needed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Send a message via AIM to sLiVeRwOrM Send a message via MSN to sLiVeRwOrM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive
Honestly, I think this will become quite a large issue for Honda and will definitely be covered under warranty. Question is, will they have a recall for all Honda Fit bumpers. I remember another member got dinged in the front and their paint was peeling off pretty bad. I guess I will find out later today whether or not it will be covered. If not, I'll go ballistic!
if you are going to the dealer and they said.. no we can't cover that for you.. show them this site and thread!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member

gimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 8,594, Level: 62 Points: 8,594, Level: 62 Points: 8,594, Level: 62
Level up: 48%, 156 Points needed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Daily Activity: 15.2%
Daily Activity: 15.2% Daily Activity: 15.2% Daily Activity: 15.2%
Send a message via AIM to gimme
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
if you are going to the dealer and they said.. no we can't cover that for you.. show them this site and thread!!!!!
that is exactly how I got my windshield warrantied
Old 07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I plan on doing that if they don't fix it for me. I will also be contacting Honda Canada about this problem so that they can bring it to the attention of their management. Seems like this is a problem for a lot of Fits in NA.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

So I went to my dealer and my salesman took me over to the service department. Guy comes out with a digi cam and snaps a pic of it. He tells me there isn't a bulletin for it, and that this is weird since there are 600,000+ Fits and none of them have had this problem. Moron obviously doesn't realize that the NADM Fit has different bumpers than that of the ones previously produced to meet our safety standards. Either way, they said they would get back to me on the paint. God help them if they don't cover it under warranty

Another thing, they said they might not cover me on my Ventureshield if the bumper needs to be painted. Kinda retarded since I bought it and put it on to PREVENT chips and scratches on my paint, but leave it to Hondas crappy paint to start peeling to tell me that what I do to protect the bumper is not going to be covered...retarded...

On another note, I highly suggest that if any of you have this problem, bring it to your dealers attention immediately so that they can fix this problem for all of us rather than treating each and every one of our cases as an isolated incident. That way we can get a bulletin put up for this and prevent others from going through what we are going through...

Old 07-25-2006, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member

koolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to livekoolkevin1107 relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 7,701, Level: 58 Points: 7,701, Level: 58 Points: 7,701, Level: 58
Level up: 76%, 49 Points needed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Send a message via AIM to koolkevin1107
OMG MAN I REALIZED THAT MY PAINT WAS CHIPPING THIS AFTERNOON ALSO!! I was actually going to post this up this afternoon but u beat me to it. ima call my dealership tomm. it's a good thing i bought the EXTENDED PAINT WARRANTY!!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member

fitjunkie is on a distinguished road
Points: 877, Level: 15 Points: 877, Level: 15 Points: 877, Level: 15
Level up: 77%, 23 Points needed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
DANG, mine too!!!!!!!! with so many of our fits seeing this problem, this is a major manufacturer defect which should be cover under the warranty!! I can't believe this...everyone should check their fits, eventually this will happen to all the fit, since they didn't paint it right!!

HID Kit Special Group Buy!

East coast spring 07 meet

My ride
Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

If you have this problem, I urge you to go to your dealer right away and show the problem to the service manager. That way, he can take a digital picture of it and send it into the head office. Then Honda will realize that this is a major problem for all 07 Fits in NA, and they can rectify it immediately.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/7154-paint-peeling-front-bumper.html
Posted By For Type Date
2007 Honda Fit - Page 5 - ClubWRX Forum Post #6 Refback 01-06-2007 07:54 PM
2007 Honda Fit - Page 5 - ClubWRX Forum Post #6 Refback 01-06-2007 05:39 PM