General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

...finally, Honda comes out with an Si???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
...finally, Honda comes out with an Si???

Oh man, mrs Mac just handed me this newspaper clipping...boy did my mouth drop!

...then I realized someone made a mistake...

Old 07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit EV has some desirable parts for some though. Aluminum front sub-frame, multi-link rear sussy and 5 lug hubs. Seems it still retains the drum rear from what I could make out in pics of it.

Definitely work would need to be done to the chassis to accommodate the multi-link rear sussy and hopefully the front sub-frame is a direct bolt-in. Would be nice to lose some weight up front and gain in rigidity.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Not Honda but Europe Mugen

Mugen wants hot Honda Jazz

Honda's five-door hatch is an unlikely candidate for UK tuning treatment

Honda’s UK-based performance tuning division has admitted to a desire to develop a hot version of the Japanese manufacturer’s Jazz supermini.
Staff at Mugen Euro, the Northampton-based firm responsible for a supercharged version of the CR-Z hybrid that’s likely to make limited production, say they’ve long envisaged producing the most unlikely of hot hatches, using Honda’s practicality-focused five-door.
See pics of the Mugen version of the Honda Fit
Mugen already offers a number of styling upgrades and some tuning parts for the Jazz in Japan, where the car is known as the Fit, but the performance increases are small. Mugen Euro’s idea is for much more hardcore version of the car.
To achieve the necessary performance gains, Mugen Euro management say they could use either the CR-Z’s supercharged hybrid powerplant - or a normally aspirated, high-revving 2.0-litre VTEC unit similar to that used in the last Civic Type R.
“Always in the back of our mind as a car that we’d like to do is the Jazz,” revealed Mugen Euro’s general manager Colin Whittamore.

He said that it “wouldn’t be much of a stretch” to fit the 197bhp supercharged version of the CR-Z’s 1.5-litre hybrid motor, currently being dyno-tested by Mugen in the UK ahead of a public debut at the Goodwood.
Tim Dickson

Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
The Fit EV has some desirable parts for some though. Aluminum front sub-frame, multi-link rear sussy and 5 lug hubs. Seems it still retains the drum rear from what I could make out in pics of it.

Definitely work would need to be done to the chassis to accommodate the multi-link rear sussy and hopefully the front sub-frame is a direct bolt-in. Would be nice to lose some weight up front and gain in rigidity.
Why the hell is an EV getting a multi-link rear suspension and not the CRZ or Fit RS?!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Why the hell is an EV getting a multi-link rear suspension and not the CRZ or Fit RS?!
Honda probably had to implement the IRS because the placement for the hybrid battery. I'm guessing the battery is placed where the spare tire sits but, the battery is probably much taller than a skinny spare which will bring the height into the bottom of the car lower than where the twist beam rear suspension can sit.

Therefore, the elimination of the twist beam rear and use of IRS is needed. The IRS is used more for space compacting rather than performance in the Fit EV. I bet there would be some advantages in handling over the standard Fit but, in EV trim I doubt owners would want to fling their cars through the twisty stuff on the eco-minded low rolling resistant tires.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN
Honda probably had to implement the IRS because the placement for the hybrid battery. I'm guessing the battery is placed where the spare tire sits but, the battery is probably much taller than a skinny spare which will bring the height into the bottom of the car lower than where the twist beam rear suspension can sit.

Therefore, the elimination of the twist beam rear and use of IRS is needed. The IRS is used more for space compacting rather than performance in the Fit EV. I bet there would be some advantages in handling over the standard Fit but, in EV trim I doubt owners would want to fling their cars through the twisty stuff on the eco-minded low rolling resistant tires.
Ok, why didn't the CRZ get it then? Battery in the back a little forward of the spare tire. Might have had decently useable rear seats if they had gone with the IRS option and sat the batteries lower. Definitely would've helped handling.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Uk just launched a Jazz Si. I hope we get one but with a HP increase.

New Sports-Flavored Honda Jazz Si Edition from £14,550 in the UK - Carscoop

Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 98TypeR
Honda Uk just launched a Jazz Si. I hope we get one but with a HP increase.

New Sports-Flavored Honda Jazz Si Edition from £14,550 in the UK - Carscoop
Honda Jazz model grades

Some rims, suspension parts, and "upgraded" electronic power steering. Sounds like a CRX Si. lol At least they aren't really charging more for it.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Does that mean we could put the SI badge on our cars now? J/K but like sexydrive i'm interested more in the lighter sub frame.