General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

question

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Question question

After a year of debating and going back n forth between what car i wanted to get. i decided i'd just get a Fit even though there are some things it lacks that i want but anyway, the 2012 fit has been available for a while it seems...a year? my question is. Is there any expectation for the 2013 model fits to arrive for sale?

i figure if i'm gonna buy a new car, i might as well get the latest release. if its not too far away, a few months wont kill me. If its gonna be closer to 2013, not sure what i want to do yet. wait or get.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by NightScreams
After a year of debating and going back n forth between what car i wanted to get. i decided i'd just get a Fit even though there are some things it lacks that i want but anyway, the 2012 fit has been available for a while it seems...a year? my question is. Is there any expectation for the 2013 model fits to arrive for sale?

i figure if i'm gonna buy a new car, i might as well get the latest release. if its not too far away, a few months wont kill me. If its gonna be closer to 2013, not sure what i want to do yet. wait or get.

I am basically in the same boat as you! Hoping 2013s come out soon so I can either just buy that one, or get a 2012 for cheaper.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
2013s should be very similar to 2012s. Honda runs a 5 year cycle generally with a refresh after 3 years. So between 2012 and 2013 you can expect minimal changes; sometimes they gain 1mpg through programming or lubricant changes, or they'll add some minor interior feature. Often there are no changes at all. Dealers don't get enough Fits so they'll clear out the 2012s no problem around the time that 2013s arrive; don't expect much of a deal.

A 5 year model cycle would indicate 2014s would be all new. Sometimes cars that don't seem to need a redesign get extended further, though. Personally I would not be surprised if the current Fit goes on for a 6th year - favorable demand vs supply worldwide and in the US, still wins comparison tests, I would try to get another year out of the model if I were mgmt.

Hope that helps .. if looking for "a deal" the Civic is probably the thing to go for, especially in a non-popular model/color.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
2013s should be very similar to 2012s. Honda runs a 5 year cycle generally with a refresh after 3 years. So between 2012 and 2013 you can expect minimal changes; sometimes they gain 1mpg through programming or lubricant changes, or they'll add some minor interior feature. Often there are no changes at all. Dealers don't get enough Fits so they'll clear out the 2012s no problem around the time that 2013s arrive; don't expect much of a deal.

A 5 year model cycle would indicate 2014s would be all new. Sometimes cars that don't seem to need a redesign get extended further, though. Personally I would not be surprised if the current Fit goes on for a 6th year - favorable demand vs supply worldwide and in the US, still wins comparison tests, I would try to get another year out of the model if I were mgmt.

Hope that helps .. if looking for "a deal" the Civic is probably the thing to go for, especially in a non-popular model/color.
i already have a Civic. i'm tired of coupe's and sedans. i want a hatchback!
I was just seeing if theres any knowledge of the 2013's release. If its soon, obviously i should wait. otherwise i'm not real sure. i've been planning and researching for a whole year now. None have all i want or some things i hate, but at least the Fit has cubic space...you can haul a water heater! without having to get a truck or SUV and get worse gas mileage.

Last edited by NightScreams; 07-06-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by NightScreams
i already have a Civic. i'm tired of coupe's and sedans. i want a hatchback!
I was just seeing if theres any knowledge of the 2013's release. If its soon, obviously i should wait. otherwise i'm not real sure. i've been planning and researching for a whole year now. None have all i want or some things i hate, but at least the Fit has cubic space...you can haul a water heater! without having to get a truck or SUV and get worse gas mileage.
Why is it obvious you should wait till the 2013 comes out? I am just curious what you think.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't wait too long. Once the honda factory in Mexico is up and running (2014 according to the online blogs) all the USDM Fits will be made there. The a 2012-13 Fits might be the last available stateside that are made in Japan!

Holly canolly! Does this mean the whole JDM craze will die in the Fit community?

I wonder what a mexican air freshner smells like.