General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which FitFreak.net Decal do you want?
White Lettering, Red Dot
7.59%
White Lettering, Blue Dot
51.90%
White Lettering, Orange Dot
3.80%
White Lettering, Yellow Dot
0%
White Lettering, Silver Dot
2.53%
Silver Lettering, Red Dot
8.86%
Silver Lettering, Blue Dot
34.18%
Silver Lettering, Orange Dot
1.27%
Silver Lettering, Yellow Dot
2.53%
Silver Lettering, White Dot
2.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

"FitFreak.net" Decal Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Exclamation "FitFreak.net" Decal Poll

Alright, here is the poll for possible colour combinations. Vote for what you would like to see. Sizing for "FitFreak.net" decals are as follows:

Front Windshield Banner - 45" x ~3.09"

Rear Windshield Banner - 40" x ~2.75"

Other (For either body or glass application):

22" x 1.51"

15" x 1.03"

10" x 0.69"

The colour choices are shown below. REMINDER: Black background shown is NOT part of the decal. Only the letters are!!!

Sample images on black background are provided for the 10 available choices. Again, only 2-3 combinations will be chosen to be produced. Vote for what you would want on your Fit!

White Letters:

Red Dot

Blue Dot

Orange Dot

Yellow Dot

Silver Dot

Silver Letters (will be a metallic vinyl, so it will be shiny ):

Red Dot

Blue Dot

Orange Dot

Yellow Dot

White Dot

POLL CLOSES IN 5 DAYS! MAKE YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

Last edited by Illusive; 08-09-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Wait, if the black if not part of the background... so it's on a white background?
How do you see white letters on a white background?

Or do you peel off each letter one at a time?

Or how about black lettering? I'm wondering what is easier to see on glass, white or black.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
There is no background, all the letters are on a sheet, then transferred on to the window.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by crimsona
Wait, if the black if not part of the background... so it's on a white background?

Man you guys haven't ever seen vinyl decals before have ya?!?!

To show you what I mean, let me dig up some old images of my Protege 5 days...

The decals are like the ones in silver on the Protege 5. Basically, it is cut by a machine and then the excess is removed from the sheet of vinyl. A sticky backing is applied over the decals once the excess has been removed. That way, when you peel the backing from the paper the vinyl was on, the letters will lift up and the sticky side of the vinyl will be exposed, leaving you to apply them wherever you want. Again, it is NOT a bumper sticker. Only the letters will be cut and shown once you put them on your Fit.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by crimsona

Or how about black lettering? I'm wondering what is easier to see on glass, white or black.

On glass, white or silver lettering shows up better than black.

But my question is, Is the silver vinyl a metalic vinyl or just a flat grey silver?

Oh duh need to learn to read the whole post. Metalic vinyl

Last edited by Lunacreations; 07-31-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Lunacreations
On glass, white or silver lettering shows up better than black.

But my question is, Is the silver vinyl a metalic vinyl or just a flat grey silver?

Oh duh need to learn to read the whole post. Metalic vinyl
As stated in the post, silver will in fact be a metallic vinyl, not a flat grey.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Retired Moderator
UPDATE:

Pricing to come later tomorrow. I'm having him make up 2 for myself this week so that I can show everyone what they will be getting and what it will look like applied. Personally, I like the white lettering and blue dot. Requested a metallic blue dot instead of a flat blue to jazz it up a little.

Pictures to come this week!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:00 AM
blue dot is much better

Old 08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
I like mine better!

Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Illusive
UPDATE:Personally, I like the white lettering and blue dot. Requested a metallic blue dot instead of a flat blue to jazz it up a little.

Pictures to come this week!
Cool! Thanks for all the effort. I voted for silver letters, but white or silver will make me quite happy. The metallic blue dot will rock

Old 08-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I definitely think options with blue or red dots; make that the only choice. Other than that, stick w/ white lettering. Can't go wrong with that.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Seeing how this poll is going, I'm 99.9% sure there will be white and silver lettering with a blue dot. I think I will get my friend to produce the red dot with silver or white lettering as well, so there will be a total of 4 options if the poll keeps going in the same fashion it is going right now. Who knows, things could change by Friday, vote now!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Retired Moderator
BUMP! C'mon guys, vote if you haven't already!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
get rid of the black and I'll get one

Old 08-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
get rid of the black and I'll get one

you should really think about reading previous posts... might save you some time

Originally Posted by Illusive
Man you guys haven't ever seen vinyl decals before have ya?!?!

To show you what I mean, let me dig up some old images of my Protege 5 days...

The decals are like the ones in silver on the Protege 5. Basically, it is cut by a machine and then the excess is removed from the sheet of vinyl. A sticky backing is applied over the decals once the excess has been removed. That way, when you peel the backing from the paper the vinyl was on, the letters will lift up and the sticky side of the vinyl will be exposed, leaving you to apply them wherever you want. Again, it is NOT a bumper sticker. Only the letters will be cut and shown once you put them on your Fit.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Poll is now closed and the members have spoken. White letters and Silver letters with Blue "i" dot will be produced. I will talk with my friend and see if it is feasible to get the Red "i" dot produced as well. He was quite busy last week as he took a few days off and was running behind, but I will make him cut 2 for me tomorrow and I will apply them and take some pics so you can see what they will look like. Sorry about the wait guys, but I should have this going by the end of the week and you should be getting your decals shortly!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Sorry about the delay guys, but I had a little trouble sending over the font used for the logo. It has been sorted out and 2 will be cut as a demo tomorrow. I will put them on my Fit right when I get home from work and pick up the decals. Pricing will be posted tomorrow and orders will be taken for the first batch this week. Stay tuned for pics tomorrow. Again, sorry for the delay!!

Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Well guys, I finally got it all sorted out and I had a few cut for me today. I opted for chrome letters with the blue dot instead of the white lettering after my friend suggested it to me. For the first run, we will be offering the decals in the following colour combinations:

Blue Dot:
White Lettering
Silver Lettering
Chrome Lettering

I spoke with him and he said with the small amount of interest in the red dots, it would not be feasible to produce the decals with that combination. Like I said before, the more people we have, the cheaper it will be.

Because it will be too complicated for all of you to Paypal me first, and if the price goes down I refund some back, a list will be started to determine approximately how many we will need. Please only add your name and how many you would like in the sizes available if you are 100% sure you are going to get it. If you want to consider it for a while, then you can wait for the second run which should be at the end of August.

I will be taking orders for the first run beginning now until a week from now. Cut off date for the first run is August 16th, 2006. Paypal payments will need to be made before your decals are shipped, so please Paypal your funds on or after the 16th of August. I will get a final price on Tuesday once I determine how many will need to be cut. Like I said earlier, the more we order, the cheaper it will be. Preliminary pricing is as follows:

12 inch decal (like one in picture): CAD$8.00 per decal shipped (postage, packaging all included...a larger folder style envelope will need to be used to ship these out because they are so big)

45 inch banner decal for windshield: CAD$55 per banner shipped (larger cylinder container will need to be used and postage will cost a bit more)

These prices are only if there is a small amount of interest (i.e. 10 of the 12 inch decals). If we can get more than 20 or 30, the price will drop for sure.

So c'mon guys start ordering below! Just copy and paste the list from the previous post and add your name to the end of the list with the number of decals you want and in what sizes! (An example of how to add your name to the list is posted below )

EXAMPLE:
1. Illusive - 2x 12" - 1x Banner --> This means I ordered 2 twelve inch decals and one banner decal. Please add the x to indicate the amount (i.e. 2x, 2 decals, 3x, 3 decals etc etc.)

Last edited by Illusive; 08-09-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Could you please take some pics from farther back to see what it looks like on the car?

Old 08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Ill get some better pictures tonight. My stupid camera was running out of batteries so I rushed in 2 shots before it died. More to come tonight after the recharge!

Quick Reply: "FitFreak.net" Decal Poll