General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Possible to Turn Off Radio Light?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Possible to Turn Off Radio Light?

I just got my first Honda Fit, 2013. The things that bother me the most are the dashboard and radio lights. Sometimes I park at night and listen to the radio, but the light is so bright and annoying, even without the engine running. And there is some sort of red anti theft light that keeps blinking on the dash board and underneath the radio as well. Does anyone know if I can turn these lights off?

Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 AM
you can turn the odometer reset stalk and that will adjust brightness of the blue radio and dash lights.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, turn the little knob on the dashboard in front of the odometer, left to right to adjust the brightness, you can do this easily! (well this is the case in the Sport model) not sure about the base, but I'm sure it's the same~

Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Don't mean to be snarky...but...Owners Manual?

Might head off future questions. It has an index.

Again, don't mean to be combative, but not just Fitfreak, but other automotive forums as well, it always surprises me how many people buy a new vehicle and then seemingly never even peek at their owners manual.

Many basic operation questions can be answered. You might even discover some new things you like that you didn't know about.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by sy_edison
you can turn the odometer reset stalk and that will adjust brightness of the blue radio and dash lights.
That only works when the headlights or parking lights are on and the key is in the run position (rather than accessory). It's only possible to adjust the brightness for the night driving setting, when the headlights/parking lights are on. It's not possible so far as I know to adjust the brightness when the headlights are off, nor to disable the blinking red lights.

(The blinking lights could of course be obscured with a low-tech solution such as a bit of electrical tape, quite easily for the radio light.)

Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
That only works when the headlights or parking lights are on and the key is in the run position (rather than accessory). It's only possible to adjust the brightness for the night driving setting, when the headlights/parking lights are on. It's not possible so far as I know to adjust the brightness when the headlights are off, nor to disable the blinking red lights.

(The blinking lights could of course be obscured with a low-tech solution such as a bit of electrical tape, quite easily for the radio light.)
I agree with what you said.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
pwb
I too wish this was an option but I haven't found anything other than tape to do the job.