General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
air bags might not go off.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
ha! ha!

Originally Posted by rjm161
I agree.

Though I use my seatbelt 99.9999999997% of the time, there are times when I want to drive around the block to the convenience store and don't want to wear it.

I know it is the law and the seatbelt nazis will pounce, but damn it, if you are going to have a nonstop beeper for that, they should put a sensor at the bottom of the cupholder, so when you pick up your cup to take a drink, it beeps to let you know you should be paying attention.

A seatbelt saved my life in a wreck once, but I think I am old enough to make a decision to not wear it on a 12 second trip. For those who say I could be killed on my 12 second drive, I probably should just walk to the store...but then again, if I do that I should don a helmet and protective suit in case I get hit by a car on the way.
Damn! 12 sec to go to the convenience store!! Wow, now that is moving!!
...jus' how do I get my Fit to do that?!?
But, if you are really DEAD set on diabling the thing then I am sure a fuse is involved...
AND that cupholder alarm is a great idea!! And, and.... a cell phone/blue tooth disabler I am sure is in the works! And, the car won't go over 55... and run-flat tyres... and built in roll cage... remember Stallone in the movie with newbe Sandra Bullock: Demolition Man?!? and he wrecked the futuristic self-driving-politically-correct electric car and the whole inside of the car seemed to fill up with foam????

Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by jack_90125
I just plug it in and then sit down. no noise no light !
Oh darn! That is much too easy!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by jits14
There is a plug underneath the seat that is brown i believe or just follow the wire from the belt. If you disconnect it, it will disarm the seatbelt chime and turn off the front airbag as well. I am not responsible for any deaths due to this information.
AND remember to NOT wear your helmet when riding a motorcycle...

Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
why not cut open the seat belt and solider the sensor shut (wires together) or open (just cut the wires)... I'll be more than happy to give this a try... in someone else's Fit.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you can solve that "problem" quickly so you don't get the urge to sell your car to someone who would appreciate it more. I've never felt restricted by the seatbelt. I don't even feel it while driving. As soon as I get into the car, it's subconscious to put it on before moving anywhere. I do enjoy taking risks, just not the kind that leave parts of my body strewn all over the pavement in front of horrified onlookers. Good luck with the mod.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
One more thing. Maybe you can have Honda uninstall all the seatbelts and the sound/light, so they can use them on another Fit waiting to be built. You paid for these features, so they should provide you with compensation they deem fair. Or just DIY! Seriously though, hope this works out so you can help everyone else who hates the beeping. It's a feature you could do without, and I respect you for making it "yours". Just don't get busted, or worse!

Old 11-16-2006, 02:50 PM
TOPHER1
Watch out, they are coming for you! You know what they said about the 'seat belt Nazis'!!!!
But, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Heck I have NO prob with seat belts duh... seen too many people I know personally have their lives saved by 'em.
BTW welcom to the forum

Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dacalac
I find that by turning my radio up to a high volume works well. :P
I drove up the driveway of my apartment building to see what noise you are so infuriated by. I decided that Dacalac (even joking), just cranking the tunes is a great way to solve the "problem". I like it, nice one.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Problem solved!! It works!

Originally Posted by docjim2
Oh darn! That is much too easy!
It works great! Wished I had thought of it YEARS ago.....duh

Old 12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TOPHER1
I hope you can solve that "problem" quickly so you don't get the urge to sell your car to someone who would appreciate it more. I've never felt restricted by the seatbelt. I don't even feel it while driving. As soon as I get into the car, it's subconscious to put it on before moving anywhere. I do enjoy taking risks, just not the kind that leave parts of my body strewn all over the pavement in front of horrified onlookers. Good luck with the mod.
First of all I appreciate my FIT just fine, I love it actually, BUT I don't see how I have to be restricted by a machine reminding me to wear my seatbelt (which is my choice) with an annoying ass sound.....

I think I am a responsible adult and with that I think I deserve the right ot choose if I want to wear my seatblet or not.

The risk of spewing my blood and guts everywhere is my choice and I am very aware of it but you only live once, why spend your life being safe and uncomfortable all the time. I want to enjoy driving and thats what i do.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by TedsFit
there is actually people who give a damn if other grown adults wear their seatbelts or not??
I give a damn. Ever see someone get ejected from a car, and get run over by another vehicle? Do you think the few seconds required to buck the belt are worth traumatizing someone in an accident?

Sure, you may get away without your seat belt all your life, doesn’t mean everyone else will. And it’s a known fact that most accidents happen less than 5 miles from your home, since you feel safer in those surroundings.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Plus its those who don't wear seat belts that cause our auto and health insurance rates go up and up and up.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Good call Doogie.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by doogiefish
Plus its those who don't wear seat belts that cause our auto and health insurance rates go up and up and up.
Do you really believe that?? As if they would NOT go up for any reason "they" want? If you believe that, then you must also believe the price of fuel increases because of the "demand", shortages, winter consumption, etc.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by georgiapeech
Do you really believe that??
Who's going to need more hospital care after an accident? The person that's strapped in a seat with minor cuts and bruses, or the person that gets ejected and has road rash, glass in their face, more broken bones, etc...

Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by TedsFit
why spend your life being safe and uncomfortable all the time.
Because I'd rather put up with an incredibly small amount of discomfort (read 'NO discomfort') and increase the probability of living longer than go without a simple saftey feature for the sake of 'comfort'. Secondly, I consider safety and comfort to be directly proportional to each other, not inversely related. Most people are more comfortable in taking risks (psychologically) when they feel safe. Roller coasters, elevators, race cars, aviation, etc...think of all of the things people wouldn't do if they did not feel safe. So, I think I'll spend my life trying to be safe, while having fun. The two are not mutually exclusive as you suggest.

Personally, to me the seatbelt harness is what makes driving (flying) fun! It completes the man(woman)-to-machine connection and ties you in, and completes the driving experience.

Ever been strapped into an aerobatic type aircraft? Now I can understand that a full racing harness or sitting on a parachute could cause some uncomfort to certain folks. But a Honda Fit seat belt?

Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah! Stoopid kids around the Atlanta area turn over their parent's SUV run into trees with BMW's not wearing seat belts... promising lives (?) snuffed out in a sec!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
It could be worse.

IIRC, the USDM Fit belt noise is a chime rather then a monotonal beeping isn't it? Or is that the one where you leave your headlights on?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Seatbelts should be optional for people who've signed an organ donor card. Win/win.

Quick Reply: That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....