General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....

Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
yup samething happend to me, it gets really irritating. Drove one of my lab partners to his dorm to get his lab manual and lo and behold the damn beeper goes off and he nearly flipped saying wtf dude. I can understand the beeper for the driver side but does it have to be that anal do it on the passenger side also.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Exclamation

I'm all for allowing you to drive without your seatbelt. More power to you.

As for myself, over my driving lifetime, I've had a total of three accidents.

year. speed cause
1964 5MPH snow on road. I rear ended a car stopped at a signal.
1966 30MPH other driver ran a stop sign and broadsided me.
1982 40MPH other driver made a left turn into my path/headon

The first accident was in a car with no seatbelts. I chipped two teeth on the steering wheel and cut up my lip. The other two accidents, at much greater speeds caused no injuries at all as I was wearing seatbelts.

On 10/13/07, my friend was driving on I-5 in the rain. An SUV passed him, going too fast for conditions. Ultimately, the SUV started hydroplaning, ricocheted off the center divider, and into the path of my friend's 2002 Toyota Corolla. Luckily, my friend had applied his brakes before he hit the SUV, as such, the impact speed was not great enough to deploy the airbags, but it was enough to total his car. Other than being a little shaken up, he was not otherwise injured. His seatbelts, not his airbags, saved him from injury.

I'm not in favor of mandatory seat belt laws, or mandatory helmut laws, even though both have been shown to save lives. Some people think they are invincible, and other people don't think at all. It's your choice.

Thank you for your time.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I didn't have time to read through all of the pages in this thread, but for those of you that hate the seat belt chime here is a simple solution:

PLUG THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT BELT INTO THE FRONT DRIVER LATCH. - it fits. This only works if you do not have a front passenger, of course.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
man just be safe and keep the dang belt on... for your own good thats why it bothers you to keep the damn thing on hahaha

Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by F-IT!!!
man just be safe and keep the dang belt on... for your own good thats why it bothers you to keep the damn thing on hahaha

Right, but you have to realize some people used to drive cars that didn't even HAVE seat belts and they still can't get used to them. I try to buckle up as much as I can, but it's annoying as hell to have the chime come on driving through the Walmart parking lot at 10mph, or pulling up a McDonald's drive through or something when you remove the seatbelt to reach further out to get your food, it's just a pain sometimes.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb The other way of going about this.

Instead of messing with the sensors and belts and airbags and bears oh my...
Figure out if the "beeper" is a separate module AND disconnect it!

In the 'I want to detail my car with the tunes on, engine on - and not listen to beeping by the beep-beeps' category. IMO the only area where you shouldn't have your seatbelt on. I agree that - I would want to rip that bad boy right out. So what if the light still blinks? You're not staring at the dash.

If it's part of the ECU - you're SOL.
If it's part of a combined module - you may be SOL unless you can find the trigger wire for it. As in - Locate the module and see which wire drops to ground when the beeper is active.

Maybe that will help.
- Kris

Old 11-28-2014, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
I give a damn. Ever see someone get ejected from a car, and get run over by another vehicle? Do you think the few seconds required to buck the belt are worth traumatizing someone in an accident?

Sure, you may get away without your seat belt all your life, doesn’t mean everyone else will. And it’s a known fact that most accidents happen less than 5 miles from your home, since you feel safer in those surroundings.
Reminds of the time someone told the blonde that most accidents happened within 5 miles of home, so she moved house.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:42 PM
For every seat belt saved my life story there is a glad they weren't wearing a seat belt story. My brother was in a bad accident and even the officer said if he was wearing a seat belt he would have been dead instead of laid up in the hospital. That being said it bugs me that the fit narcs my husband out when he takes his seatbelt off as we are pulling in the driveway but I did notice it doesn't do it if the car is in park so while someone said that it beeps while in refresh mode I don' have that happen because I don't have the car in drive while sitting in refresh mode.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I find it hard not to put my seat belt on immediately. It is a habit.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
This thread proved that the ticket or click it ad campaign is useless. If a dinging light on the dash can't make someone wear a seat belt then an annoying government ad campaign surely won't be able to do it.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
From a completely different thread:

Originally Posted by vbo
Just disconnect it under the seat. (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE YELLOW = Airbag)

The beep beep it's too much bad. I put all way time the belt, but i don't like this sound.

Same on my EP3. Belt alarm disconnected.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:01 PM
Workaround

Originally Posted by TedsFit
.....PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY OF TURNING IT OFF.....

I mean dont get me wrong, putting your seatbelt on is the "right" thing to do and probably safer. BUT there are times when I don't want to put it on and don't want some light and annoying-a$$ sound telling me that I should put it on.

In some cars, like my dad's Matrix, the light goes on and it beeps for about 30 seconds and turns off. In the FIT, it NEVER turns off and keeps beeping and beeping and beeping ever couple of seconds....

ITS SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING!!
I took the tip off of a child's car seat that was in the trash and ground it with a dremel tool to fit. Clicked it in and smiled lol

Old 09-12-2020, 10:54 PM
I would like to know where the actual chime, I mean the electric component that actually makes the noise, is located in GK5? Is it on dashboard circuit board or somewhere else? By mechanically preventing or damping the chime to make noise it'd have a benefit to get rid off all other annoying audible warnings too. Each and every of these audible warnings are accompanied with visible warning light or symbol on the dash, so disabling the sound it's not totally leaving driver without warning information.