General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How can i clean this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 03:59 AM
How can i clean this?

Any suggestions, please? i want to clean this..

Old 09-19-2014, 12:27 PM
What is the spot from? Have you tried good old soap and water and a rag/scrub brush and elbow grease?

If that doesn't work, I've often had good luck cleaning plastics with scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner (or a generic equivalent), though it would be wise to test it first on an inconspicuous spot to make sure it doesn't lift the paint or anything like that. I've never had troubles with it, but there's always a first time. (Bathroom cleaner is quite effective against tobacco smoke stains.)

Others here have tried rubbing alcohol or similar solvents and fond that they do take the paint off the interior plastics.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Administrator
What is that, if it's scratched into the surface nothing can help you

Otherwise you can use this stuff for minimizing scuffs:

Chemical Guys TVD_201 - Vintage Series Natural Shine, Satin Shine Dressing (1 Gal)

Old 09-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
What is the spot from? Have you tried good old soap and water and a rag/scrub brush and elbow grease?

If that doesn't work, I've often had good luck cleaning plastics with scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner (or a generic equivalent), though it would be wise to test it first on an inconspicuous spot to make sure it doesn't lift the paint or anything like that. I've never had troubles with it, but there's always a first time. (Bathroom cleaner is quite effective against tobacco smoke stains.)

Others here have tried rubbing alcohol or similar solvents and fond that they do take the paint off the interior plastics.

Its like the old owner left something in there and left that little circle in there.. is not an scratch

Edit: i will try your advise! thanks!

Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HavengaR
Its like the old owner left something in there and left that little circle in there.. is not an scratch

Edit: i will try your advise! thanks!
It looks like a ring left from the suction cup for a GPS/cell phone.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Bump,

I have a rear headrest missing any suggestions what to do? i cant find one in ebay.. usually i have passengers back and they complain about the left one :/
Name:  Y5lUo8B.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  451.7 KB

Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
looks like a gps mount base adhesive. you can try removing it with rc car motorspray, but i dont know the chemical properties of that adhesive or paint used on the dash. so do it at your own risk.

might end up needing to repaint or place a fresh gps base disc thing to cover it up....