General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

C&D says the HR-V should have been the 3rd gen FIT

Old 06-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by 1speedbike
It looks like an overall good CUV. People in the US still greatly prefer CUVs over hatches and wagons.
I wonder if that is really so. It's pretty difficult to show a preference for hatches and wagons when few manufacturers offer them in the US. They stopped offering them to force customers who need the room into more expensive and wasteful SUVs

I'd love to see a Civic wagon.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 AM
At this point in time, yes 1speedbike, buyers are definitely leaning toward the SUV/CUV segment, and a further surge occurred with the latest drop in fuel prices that started at the end of last year. However, as prices continue to rise, we will start to see more and more sales of subcompacts and hybrids. However, it will be several years before CUVs lose their appeal with Americans and they start to look for the next trend in vehicle style.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:24 PM
I test drove both and liked them. I much prefer the Fit because another C/SUV isn't what I need or want. Astonishingly it is SLOWER than the fit. The only thing I would do to bring the fit up a bit is to work on the NVH and put in a turbo 1.3-1.5L and bring the hp/torque up.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
At this point in time, yes 1speedbike, buyers are definitely leaning toward the SUV/CUV segment, and a further surge occurred with the latest drop in fuel prices that started at the end of last year. However, as prices continue to rise, we will start to see more and more sales of subcompacts and hybrids. However, it will be several years before CUVs lose their appeal with Americans and they start to look for the next trend in vehicle style.
Yes, yes, because we all know that these "low" fuel prices are here forever, right? so let's all sign up for six years of payments on that SUV or pickup truck.

Remember, the best selling vehicle in the U.S. is the Ford F-150 pickup truck.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bisquick
I test drove both and liked them. I much prefer the Fit because another C/SUV isn't what I need or want. Astonishingly it is SLOWER than the fit. The only thing I would do to bring the fit up a bit is to work on the NVH and put in a turbo 1.3-1.5L and bring the hp/torque up.
Why wouldn't it be slower than the Fit? It has only 11 more horsepower-not really enough to overcome the weight penalty.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Yes, yes, because we all know that these "low" fuel prices are here forever, right? so let's all sign up for six years of payments on that SUV or pickup truck.

Remember, the best selling vehicle in the U.S. is the Ford F-150 pickup truck.
Americans are stupid.

They only think of what they want NOW, not long term.

The average American is also to blame for the 2008 mortgage lending crisis, not just the evil banker.