3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

2015 Fit: Fuel feed problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 04:55 PM
2015 Fit: Fuel feed problem?

Hi! Just wanted to share my recent experience and see if anyone has any thoughts. On June 1, I got into my 2015 Fit (5700 miles) and it started normally. After driving about 7 blocks, it slowed to 5-10 miles an hour, and the engine started revving about once a second, as if I was pushing up and down on the accelerator. The engine light came on, blinking, and then the steering and brake trouble lights came on. I putted along a few blocks to my destination and parked. When I tried the car a couple hours later, it started right up but the same symptoms persisted. I had it towed to the dealer.

I'm not a mechanic, but I've had cars over the years and learned a bit, and it seemed to me that the symptoms I had suggested trouble in the fuel system somewhere, like bad gas or a problem in the fuel feed control system.

The next morning the dealer called me and said that the battery was a bit low so "maybe" that caused the problem and they were going to charge it. This diagnosis surprised me, so I checked the Internet (finding this site). While I discovered that Fits can have a weak electrical system, the typical symptom is just what you'd expect--trouble starting.

My car was supposed to be ready in the afternoon, but the dealer never called me to tell my my car was done, or not done, and they did not respond to my message, so I took public transit down there at 5:30. They said they were sorry they forgot to call me. The battery charge had not fixed my car, so they called "Honda Tech" and were told to replace the "high pressure pump." The Service rep told me would take 3-4 days for this to be sent over from Japan so my car would not be ready for a week, but when the pump arrived, replacing it would be "the first thing they would try." There are a couple divergences here from ordinary arithmetic but it didn't seem to be the time to point this out.

I would like to believe that, before they made this plan, they had tested the existing pump, inspected the fuel system, and checked the signal from whatever controls the pump.

Today is one week. It's about 2 pm and I have yet to hear from them.

Anyone have any perspectives on this problem? In any case, I'll report back on what happens.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your problems. Definitely sucks to have this happen to a new Honda.

There could be a number of reasons the car had these symptoms (luckily you don't have to worry about diagnosing it as it is under warranty).

The dealer has treated you poorly so far - with the delay, uncertainty, etc.
I hope they at least provided you with a rental car.

If it was me, I would sure expect more on their behalf. Save all the receipts and correspondence. Write down the manager's names, and who said what at what date and time. You might need this later if the problems will not be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

Good luck. Let us posted.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
any update on this ?..other people seem to be having the same problem and im getting worried!!