General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Huge windshield, Hot Summer, Struggling AC

Old 06-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Huge windshield, Hot Summer, Struggling AC

I find my car uncomfortably hot lately even when AC is cranked and churning out cold air. It simply doesn't seem powerful enough to cool the huge interior. The windows all have a tint but I am thinking the massive windshield is just too much for the AC to keep up with.

I am considering getting a decal for the top and/or bottom of the windshield. I see you can buy lots of phrases even custom, but I just want a couple strips of white... any ideas where to look?
Half considered just painting the inside of the windshield with some type of paint or coating?

....EDIT...

A bit more googling. The google knows all. Also I posted in the incorrect forum it appears.
http://www.edecals.com/wind/strip.htm

Last edited by Kronk; 06-30-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
In the states we have laws regarding the application of decal, window tints, etc on the windshield. Canada may have different laws, eh? Might wanna check, eh?

Old 07-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Have you had the AC checked? I live in central Florida and my air is more than adequate for us. I almost never need it turned up for maximum output to be
comfortable.

Clifton

Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just on my 2nd day of ownership but so far here in Central Florida it's ok..
I just bought a cheep sun visor (wally super jumbo size) and on a cost benefit ratio it is a winner!
As I read so many threads researching this issue it will make a big difference if you use one. The huge dash IS a giant heat sink...and I think the side glass will also be a factor. I plan to cut up several other sun shields to fit the side windows and use them when I know my Fit will be sitting for a few days in full sun. The black interior soaks up heat too! If I had spent $50,000.00 plus on the car I would expect better but I don't think Honda was too concerned with the issue. If I lived up North in a cold climate it wouldn't be a problem but in Florida you have to do what you can cause it's hot 11 months of the year.I had a quad cab truck that I had a shield for every window attached with a small strip of velcro for when I knew it would get hot. It didn't take much room at all to store it and it made a huge difference when it sat in a parking lot all day in 100 plus temps...But I like to be cool!