General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My new Fit is on order... what should I have dealer do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 05:14 PM
My new Fit is on order... what should I have dealer do?

My 2016 Fit is on its way -- the dealer said it should be here between the 8th and the 14th. I am buying an LX automatic and am trying to decide which accessories I should get from the dealer and which I could buy elsewhere and save myself some money. I know I want door edge guards, body side molding, mud guards, the rear bumper applique (all these things to help prevent nicks and dents), the all-season floor mats, the cargo tray, and rear seat covers. Bear in mind that I am not handy (in terms of trying to put on something like side molding -- I don't even know if someone can do that themselves). I want to treat my car right and protect it but also would like to save money if possible and I know the dealership will charge more than anyone else. Thoughts? This is my first Fit and I'm excited!

Old 12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
go to collegehillshonda.com and check out the accessories there. you can also check out the installation guides they have and see if its something u can do yourself. alot is simple, some may take some more work. take a look and save yourself alot of money.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Congratulations and of course "what color?" Enjoy it! Your post reminds me to ask if anyone has tried the $37 Chinese mudguards on ebay. On some of your other items I used:
(1) nice looking inexpensive black 72x80in movers blanket instead of cargo tray
(2) either Honda carpet or Husky floor mats rather than Honda mats. I will probably mix and match depending on weather as I prefer the carpets for both look and feel. Husky and Weathertech have better coverage than the Honda mats.
See https://www.flickr.com/gp/farsightful/3m7tw7 for some photos.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Aegean Blue Metallic (AKA blue) :-) I had the yellow on order and then I saw one in a parking lot. It was more "greenish yellow" than I thought from the color chart on the Honda website and wasn't really to my taste. I had been SO excited to have a yellow car again since I had a yellow 1976 honda civic cvcc hatchback as my first car and loved it so much. I lived in Boston at that point and her name was Snow Turtle because that little car could get through anything with two big bags of kitty litter and a couple of boards in the hatchback. I think she would still be alive all these years later if the floor boards hasn't rotted clean through from the salt on the roads. I will certainly look at your suggestions for things I can save money on. I was already thinking about using something like a moving blanket instead of the tray- I have large dogs who like to go swimming and the blanket has another advantage that the tray doesn't - absorb some lake water before the run into the house. :-)

Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 AM
The more I read, the more questions I have! I have seen canvas seat covers (duratrend or something like that) that are basically the same price as the neoprene covers from the dealership. I have dogs that love to shed - does anyone have experience with which type of seat covers are easier to vacuum hair from? I know the covers are washable, but it would be a real hassle to have to take off and wash everyone there is a flurry of yellow and black lab hair (constantly). One of my dogs often goes to work with me and she is absolutely not allowed in the car at all until I have seat covers! It's been 15 years since I had a new car and I'm determined to keep this one looking nice for a little while! Now if I could just convince the grackles to not poop from the tree right over my driveway. People with garages don't know how lucky they are!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Congrats and hope you get it on time.

Ditch oem mats. Get Husky fronts, and Weathertech rears for maximum coverage.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks! What about front seat covers? Anyone have any recommendations? I want a good fit (ha!), durable and washable (dogs), and not too hot or sticky feeling (Austin, TX). Dealer says by 14th. We'll see. It's supposedly a Japanese-made one, I wish I knew what part of the Pacific it was floating on right now. My current car is a 2001 Toyota Corolla which was not worth getting the repairs that were needed to pass inspection (we tried twice to repair something exhaust-related and other things that were going to be too $$$ for a car that old) and it's now without current inspection (nothing safety-related) or registration sticker since car was supposed to be here in October. Every time a police car goes by I cringe. Wonder if they'd go for a "Officer, my new car was supposed to be here long before everything expired..." excuse.