General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My journey with Milano Red so far.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:49 AM
My journey with Milano Red so far.

Long Post warning....

Hello fellow FFians, Wish you all a Happy New Year. This is my first post. Let me first thank the admin board and the wonderful members for the passion. Heartfelt appreciation and gratitudes.

Coming back to the topic, I would plead to bear with my harangue. I will enumerate my story in a point wise manner.

1. We immigrated to USA from India 8 months ago in April 2015.

2. There were a lot of issue at professional and personal front. Long story short, it meant we had to buy a reliable means of transportation at a very short notice.

3. A good Samaritan helped us get the car as we still dont have a strong credit history. "Hazards of immigration".

4. We got a used certified car from a dealer for various financial and immediate constraints. I did my bit of research on the fit and settled for the 2015 Milano Red EX CVT.

5. How I wish I had come across FF then It would have made me buy atleast a brand new 2015 Fit, which although wasn't available in the color (white or silver) and trim of our choice at any of the nearby dealers in August.

6. Anyways let the bygones be bygone. The real drama starts post the purchase. Day 2 of the purchase while I am driving to work & boom I see the instrument cluster full of all the symbols. The VSA, steering alignment, engine and TPA. I pull over & call the dealership and explain the situation.

7. The person on the other end asks if I had to jump start the vehicle. I was like WTH man this is supposed to be my second day of purchase on an allegedly " certified used car" & here I am being asked if I had to jump start the car. That was not expected.

8. I had to do the trip to the dealership 5 times (50 miles one way trip) for the same issue with no positive outcome. This was too much and approached Honda on twitter. The issue was finally sorted out. Apparently it was the fuel injector, which they replaced. The dealership kept the car with them for 5 days and arranged a rental car.

9. Now that everything is sorted out, the car is returning good gas mileage as well. Earlier I received max 31 mpg as compared to the 36 mpg now.

10. 2 days ago I noticed a gaush on the right side skirt and it seems that my wife must have run too close to a kerb while turning. There is dent and color is peeled off. I would appreciate if I get inputs on how shall I get it fixed. This has been running on my mind since the moment I have seen it. I shall post the pictures tomorrow.

P.S. I have been a huge Jazz fan right from the time I saw it first in the Indian market. I love my Fit.

Last edited by PhysioFit; 01-03-2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Spellings, grammar and punctuations.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Glad the dealership made it right. A year ago, my Mom bought a certified pre-owned Lexus from a Toyota dealership. We could have purchased it a couple thousand dollars at other dealerships but the salesman talked us into believing the vehicle came with a 1 year warranty, 2 years of free oil changes, and that his technicians would replaced a fogged headlight. Unfortunately we didn't get it in writing. When we came back a week later to get the headlight fixed, no one at the dealership had a clue what we were talking about. I called the manager and he stopped me 5 seconds into explaining my circumstance only to say he'll call me right back. I called back half hour later and he did the same thing. This happened at Gladstone Toyota in Oregon. Sorry total get off track and vent a bit but I hope you are enjoying your Fit! I have a 2008 milano red Fit and it has been the most practical car ever for me.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Yeah Remedi, Rant is all we hapless consumers can do. I wrote to Honda saying I bought a car and not some 5 stage rocket designed to place a geostationary satellite in the orbit, which IMHO would still be fixable in the times I have been to the dealership.

But Of all the places on earth, America was the last place to face this. But may be this is how it is. I will be posting the picture sometimes later in the day. Its chilling in California now.

Cheers

Last edited by PhysioFit; 01-03-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Spellings, grammar and punctuations.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Admin plz approve the pictures I uploaded. I need to get this fixed.

Thanks and Regards.