General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Oh-So-Rare Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2017 EX Manual. They exist. It's only the EX-L that doesn't have Manual.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Just purchased a 2017 EX Manual last night. When looking 2yrs ago, it was difficult to find many manuals, much less one in white. Fast forward to now, I was surprised I didn't have much difficulty locating a few EX manuals in white. After my test drive last night, I'm def. looking forward to getting back into a stick shift

Old 11-24-2016, 10:46 AM
Same for me when I looked late last year/early this year. Local dealers in Nashville had all run out of manual EX's in about August. I checked late last year with the sales rep at the dealer where I was looking to buy from and he said he didn't know when/if one would show up there. From my research the 16's were were going to scarce period and I feared if i could not find one soon I may be out of luck for my time frame to get one and sell my old car before the tags expired. Went onto cars.com and found a leftover 15 in Atlanta which I wound up getting at a great price. 10/10 would buy again.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by John Dahlmeier
Same for me when I looked late last year/early this year. Local dealers in Nashville had all run out of manual EX's in about August. I checked late last year with the sales rep at the dealer where I was looking to buy from and he said he didn't know when/if one would show up there. From my research the 16's were were going to scarce period and I feared if i could not find one soon I may be out of luck for my time frame to get one and sell my old car before the tags expired. Went onto cars.com and found a leftover 15 in Atlanta which I wound up getting at a great price. 10/10 would buy again.
That's lucky! Did your '15 have any manufacturing issues? I'd heard that it was fairly commonplace since it was a new model at a new factory.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Grag, no issues so far. It was made 11 or 12 of 14 from what I remember. Car had sat at the dealer for a year by the time I bought it. No wonder they gave me a pretty low price on it and told me if I could arrange my own financing to do so which I'm sure was because they wanted to get rid of it that badly.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
I was at the Honda dealer last month for the airbag recall and got to talking to one of the salesmen. He told me no special orders from Honda. They build what they think will sell and that's it. If you want a stick shift, your choice is to wait for one to be produced, or they can search other dealer inventory. If the dealer is far away, you pay to have it hauled to your local dealer.

In the future stick shifts will only be available in a few models and certain sporty models such as the Si. If you want stick shift and NAV, or stick shift and EX-L forget it. They think CVT hybrids will be way of the future, partly due to upcoming EPA laws. Kind of sucks.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by demouser
I was at the Honda dealer last month for the airbag recall and got to talking to one of the salesmen. He told me no special orders from Honda. They build what they think will sell and that's it. If you want a stick shift, your choice is to wait for one to be produced, or they can search other dealer inventory. If the dealer is far away, you pay to have it hauled to your local dealer.

In the future stick shifts will only be available in a few models and certain sporty models such as the Si. If you want stick shift and NAV, or stick shift and EX-L forget it. They think CVT hybrids will be way of the future, partly due to upcoming EPA laws. Kind of sucks.
I bought a 2017 LX manual transmission in November. I could also find EX in manual if I wanted one. I specifically wanted red or blue with preference for Red. My dealer dilly dollied trading for the red one that was close. The other red one was 300 miles away. Anyway bought the blue one. Told the original dealer to F-off since I think they were trying to pressure me into their MT silver one. Anyway the blue MT was 50 miles from my house. Just bought it direct from the dealer that had it in stock. Anyway there was enough MT 2017 Fit's around where I live (Chicago suburbs) I just was specific on color and model. Really wasn't a big deal to get one

Old 02-03-2017, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
That's good to hear. My local dealer is totally NOT performance oriented. They mainly sell Accord Sedans. I may go to a different dealer if I'm ever in the market. They did tell me a Fit manual with NAV is not available, but this has been true in some past years as well.