Where is Calgary's best car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned
Where is Calgary's best car wash?

I am fairly new to Calgary, seeking the perfect car wash in the area. I have tried many here in the city, everything from automatic (non brush) to spray wand type. As I live in a condo, going old school with a garden hose, mop, etc is not an option.

Where oh where can I find the best of the auto and spray car wash facilities in Calgary?

On another topic, related though, where is the worst car wash in Calgary and area?

Cheers, KK

Last edited by kamakurakid; 06-15-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I like the one at Bridgeland personally, not too busy and seems to give you a reasonable amount of time between coins to get the car clean. The lady that works there kind of gives me the creeps sometimes, but she seems nice enough so it is all good

Actually I met SIRHC there and that is how I got affiliated with the forum. I never see him anymore at the meets or online though

Worst place, a lot of the car washes down in the far South seems to cheat you on the time I find. I can't name any specific ones off hand though.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Where do you live?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Illusive
Where do you live?
Garrison Woods area. Spend most of my days in the SW/SE.

Cheers.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Retired Moderator
lol damn, can't help you there haha...I know the NW like the back of my hand, but I'm as foreign as an immigrant in Calgary when it comes to the south

Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned
I did use a sweet car wash up in the NW, next to a Chinese/Asian mall. Bit far for a wash though, might be forced though. The wash used fresh water on all the cycles. Only four bays and busy most days. Get there early. I think it was off of Country Hills Blvd, behind Tim Hortons as well.

K

Old 06-17-2008, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
I did use a sweet car wash up in the NW, next to a Chinese/Asian mall. Bit far for a wash though, might be forced though. The wash used fresh water on all the cycles. Only four bays and busy most days. Get there early. I think it was off of Country Hills Blvd, behind Tim Hortons as well.

K
i think you're talking about the one at the T&T supermarket
not bad but it gets wayyyyy too busy there

there's one in the NE that me and my friends go to
it's on 32nd Ave NE right beside tacobell/kfc
24/hrs, heated, and free under carriage wash when you drive out
usually go there late night so i can dry and sometimes wax my car

Old 06-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned
Thanks for the NE lead, will roll down the windows on 32nd and have the KFC guide me in. And yes, it was the T&T supermarket mall I visited a couple of times. Great car wash but as you mentioned.....really busy at times. I used to go early in the morning, forget it after 10am though, what a mess.

Cheers.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Whenever I go to Calgary, I also like to go to that carwash on 32nd avenue N.E. (near 32nd St.?).

It gives a good interval of time for your dollar and the under-carriage wash (temporarily inoperative last time I was there) is great for getting the salt off in the winter.

The water doesn't seem to be quite as warm when nobody else has used it for a while in the middle of the night - but that might be my imagination.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cndfit
Whenever I go to Calgary, I also like to go to that carwash on 32nd avenue N.E. (near 32nd St.?).

It gives a good interval of time for your dollar and the under-carriage wash (temporarily inoperative last time I was there) is great for getting the salt off in the winter.

The water doesn't seem to be quite as warm when nobody else has used it for a while in the middle of the night - but that might be my imagination.

The one of 32nd, is that an automatic or self serve wand? I like the under-carriage idea, but have never seen that...

Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Thanks for the NE lead, will roll down the windows on 32nd and have the KFC guide me in. And yes, it was the T&T supermarket mall I visited a couple of times. Great car wash but as you mentioned.....really busy at times. I used to go early in the morning, forget it after 10am though, what a mess.

Cheers.

I go to the one in the NE over by that T&T, it is across the street, I think it has 5 or 6 double bays, it can get busy, but I just dust/clean my interior while I wait.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
The one of 32nd, is that an automatic or self serve wand? I like the under-carriage idea, but have never seen that...
Self serve wand. When you drive out slowly, you can brush your car against a plastic rod and that turns on the under-carriage wash. Sometimes the water pressure is enough to almost reach the high ceiling!

Hope it's still there - haven't been there for a while.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Banned
Looks like a fine winter car wash, worth a trip to rid the car from the salt flats when doing highway travel. Salt and stones.....the salt I can wash off, the stone damage from one winter in Calgary has left a pitted front end. Victoria was a dream winter.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cndfit
Self serve wand. When you drive out slowly, you can brush your car against a plastic rod and that turns on the under-carriage wash. Sometimes the water pressure is enough to almost reach the high ceiling!

Hope it's still there - haven't been there for a while.

Plastic rod? hope it doesn't scratch... I'm definitely going to take a look

Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Horton Road Car Wash
9516 Horton Road SW
Calgary, AB T2V 2X4, Canada
(403) 259-2588

Near the Brick on McLeod, you could cut through the parking lot to Horton Road and make a right and it is just down the corner.

Freaking awesome place to go, you can go in and get 6 coins for 5$, the taps stay on way longer than other places per coin because I think it is setup for RV's. You can easily wash your entire car for 2-3 coins.

To top it off it has a ton of bays and is generally not too busy.

Give it a try, seem to be the cheapest handwash around.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Beddington Coop car wash

Hi
I just moved here from a small town in BC and am used to hand washing my own car. I was informed that you can't do that. I used the Beddington Coop car wash today and found it excellent. It is a little pricey. I got the extreme wash for $8.99 as due to illness my car hasn't been washed in a long while and it came out sparkling clean. The only complaint was that I had to use the vacuum at $1 and I couldn't do my inside and trunk for $1. The time was way too short!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnnJ
Hi
I just moved here from a small town in BC and am used to hand washing my own car. I was informed that you can't do that. I used the Beddington Coop car wash today and found it excellent. It is a little pricey. I got the extreme wash for $8.99 as due to illness my car hasn't been washed in a long while and it came out sparkling clean. The only complaint was that I had to use the vacuum at $1 and I couldn't do my inside and trunk for $1. The time was way too short!
Your not supposed to wash on the street because the sewer drains go directly into the river. I would imagine that if you used a biodegradable/enviro friendly soup it wouldn't be a problem. The only way you would get into trouble is if someone complained, then you could just use the "I didn't know" card.

Coin power hand washes can be cheaper if you are quick with the wand. There are 2 north of that Coop just off Harverst Hills Blvd, and 2 south of that Coop on 64 ave 1 near the Canadian Tire, and then 1 just across deerfoot Trail across from Deerfoot Mall.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I've used the Brentwood one on occasion in the winter since it's convenient - goes without saying to make sure the foam wand has been sprayed out. As others do I usually go off peak since you can pick a cleaner wand, fill up a wash bucket with soapy water, and take your time to get it done right. Can usually get it done for $2/$3.

One on 32nd sounds interesting with the undercar wash.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CPat
I've used the Brentwood one on occasion in the winter since it's convenient - goes without saying to make sure the foam wand has been sprayed out. As others do I usually go off peak since you can pick a cleaner wand, fill up a wash bucket with soapy water, and take your time to get it done right. Can usually get it done for $2/$3.

One on 32nd sounds interesting with the undercar wash.
Sigh... I have yet to find the one on 32nd with the undercar wash, if someone has the address that would be great!!

TIA!!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 AM
ohw
5 Year Member
[quote=Unforgiven;932076]Your not supposed to wash on the street because the sewer drains go directly into the river. I would imagine that if you used a biodegradable/enviro friendly soup it wouldn't be a problem. The only way you would get into trouble is if someone complained, then you could just use the "I didn't know" card.[quote]

I think you can wash on the street as long as you use only water.

For OP, there is a coin wash on Crowchild (north bound) and 5th Av NW that's not far from you, not the best price, but better than the ones around 17Av, and on Richmond Road.

Quick Reply: Where is Calgary's best car wash?