Solo Pro Race School? Who is in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I may or may not go to that event next week, weather forecast is looking bad with lots of snow and I have half a dozen other things that have suddenly come up and need attention here at home.

Life... I need a vacation from it, lol

Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Last minute change... I am going for it!

Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM
How'd it go? What kind of facility do they have in Vernon?
Will have the wheels/tires all ready for the end of the week.
Registration for May 8/9 SASC and May 15 CSCC opened this morning too on Karelo

Old 04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The parking lot was pretty small, the course was a lot tighter than even I would have liked.

It went ok, I was still feeling a bit rusty and the rear dampers were very soggy. They had two PAX groups for the competition... one was outlaw and one was regular.

But after I drove home and looked online they tampered with my results when they posted it up and added 3 cones to my fastest clean run

I placed 9th in the regular PAX group, but I should have placed 2nd

I sent them an e-mail, but I can't see how they accidentially added a bunch of penalties to my best result.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
10 days to go until Solo-Pro!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 PM
The note said up to 25 runs; is this per day?
How many runs per day did they get in last year?

(I'm going to have to rotate my tyres again, or go down the road of getting a second set of wheels...)

Really looking forward to this; two weekends ago in Red Deer I was actually consistent (consistently slow...) except for the first run of the first heat when I managed to almost loop the car.

Edit;

What do you think they'll do if there's snow on the parking lot? Maybe I should bring my wintre tyres LOL

Last edited by CPat; 05-26-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I don't even want to think that it will have snow on it Saturday morning!!!

I honestly couldn't count how many runs I got last year... they ran 4 drills at maybe 4 runs a drill, but then there was a LOT of fun runs... so 25 might be pretty reasonable.

They are not only pro's at driving, but organization... we took a lot of their grid and work group ideas from the school last year for our events this year to maximize our seat time.

lol, I can't believe how different our cars are setup for suspension; I have never been able to even come close to looping my car, I just plow when I overdrive it.

literally there are two ways to do it; the first is to stiffen the front with a 24mm sway bar and strut tower and let the back end ride loose. The second way is to leave the front (or some guys even remove the front sway bar) and then put in the RSB to get the rear to help move the car around the corners more.

From what I have seen both ways produce equally good results, we might have to switch cars on the fun runs to see how each others handles!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't even want to think that it will have snow on it Saturday morning!!!

I honestly couldn't count how many runs I got last year... they ran 4 drills at maybe 4 runs a drill, but then there was a LOT of fun runs... so 25 might be pretty reasonable.

They are not only pro's at driving, but organization... we took a lot of their grid and work group ideas from the school last year for our events this year to maximize our seat time.

lol, I can't believe how different our cars are setup for suspension; I have never been able to even come close to looping my car, I just plow when I overdrive it.

literally there are two ways to do it; the first is to stiffen the front with a 24mm sway bar and strut tower and let the back end ride loose. The second way is to leave the front (or some guys even remove the front sway bar) and then put in the RSB to get the rear to help move the car around the corners more.

From what I have seen both ways produce equally good results, we might have to switch cars on the fun runs to see how each others handles!
Big front bars with no rear ones coupled with soft rear springs will make a car understeer :P

I just like ridding on overly stiff springs, higher rate in the back than the front, no bars and hope for the best.

The beast is now alive and tuned

Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah, my Fit generally understeers (or the driver does LOL) too; I was experimenting with higher rear tyre pressures.
ie set the tyre pressure at the front for maximum traction (edge of the treads on roll over) and up the rear tyre pressure to lessen the tyre contact patch somewhat.

Ultimately this isn't the right approach as I think it lessens your overall traction, and if I can't control my competitive side I'll be looking at adjustable shocks I think. All the aftermarket springs lower the car (and add stiffer spring rates in the rear vs front), and I'm not sure I want to do that with my DD.

"hope for the best" - LOL I like that as suspension tuning can be pretty complicated.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Oh man, I think I jinxed it....

Tomorrow is going to be snowing all day (according to CTV anyway), they are saying we can expect a lot to melt but with the amount coming down it will likely accumulate.

I am seriously mounting up my snow tires tonight