Sugarphreak Part Out (Local)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Well, end of the road for the fit... paper work is mostly signed today, new Honda is on order so it won't be long until my little Fit goes bye bye.

The only thing I am carrying over for the Fit is my little mirror Asimo, lol

Old 10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
BUMP:

If anybody is interested, this is the exact hitch I have for sale: including the optional ball mount & pin.

http://www.curtmfg.com

Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks again for the header and install Nick!
I can actually accelerate in 5th gear now lol

Starting to think the hissing is coming from a leak instead of my intake.
Gonna try throwing some seafoam in and see where the smoke comes out

Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xdimsumx
Thanks again for the header and install Nick!
I can actually accelerate in 5th gear now lol

Starting to think the hissing is coming from a leak instead of my intake.
Gonna try throwing some seafoam in and see where the smoke comes out
haha sweet! I know after I had my car done up it hauled ass on the highway so I am not surprised to hear you are feeling some extra power with the race header!

It could be the header itself; I know I could always hear a bit of a hissing sound after I had mine installed, it was not a leak but just the sound of exhuast flowing freely without a catalytic converter.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
man its soo sad. It seems like everyone is getting rid of their fit. No members in Spokane with a fit now. This is depressing.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nick is the hitch still 40 plus shipping? Also do you have paypal? I think despite not having a job yet i still like to get the hitch since it would come in handy for moving.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matt4.2
man its soo sad. It seems like everyone is getting rid of their fit. No members in Spokane with a fit now. This is depressing.
I know, I am one of the OG's from my area and I think I am the last to go. Was a good run, I go through a car about every 4 years and it is nearing that time for this one... hard to believe, it still feels and drives like new.

Originally Posted by matt4.2
Nick is the hitch still 40 plus shipping? Also do you have paypal? I think despite not having a job yet i still like to get the hitch since it would come in handy for moving.
I don't have paypal but I do have a friend (actually a guy on here, JDMish) who has one who is kind enough to let me use it from time to time.

PM me your address and postal code and I will box it up and send it through expedited US mail. It takes about 5 business days, I just shipped my manifold out to Florida for another FitFreak member and shipping was around $50 CAD. Not sure how much this one would be, it is a bit heavier.

Like I mentioned it has a bit of surface rust here and there; one thing though is the U-bolt/nuts that originally came with it to mount to the lifting eye at the rear is junk and rusted pretty badly, I will send it so you can size & pick up one (suggest a stainless steel one) from a hardware store easily. I mean you could force that one back on, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Other than that it replaces the rear lifting point and re-uses 2 of the 3 bolts that hold it in place. You can use the flat surface under the hitch itself as a lifting point after that.

It does fit nicely and is very sturdy once it is on, it served me well in the last couple of years and if I ever got another car I needed a hitch for I would be looking into the same brand for sure.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 10-10-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Any meets going on up there. I figure I am more Alberta than West side Washington I'd like to take part in a meet up there, since nothing is going on here.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
We could try to put one together, although by Wednesday this week my Fit is officially gone.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Fit is gone... kind of a sad day, I am going to miss that car

A few things have changed my plans recently and I ended up putting my plans for a sports car on hold; it is still in the cards, but a few years away yet.

But I did at least end up getting another Honda to replace my Fit

Old 10-16-2010, 10:40 PM
My 'rents got a CRV - lots of utility, including getting my Grandma in and out. At least on their vintage definitely harder on fuel though and the back seats are much less comfortable than the Fit.
It's a good choice. Like the color.

Keep poking your head in once and a while.

CA

Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Sugarphreak! I'm interested in your sway bar... only... I'm slightly confused. Is the OEM sway bar the progress bar? Or are you selling the bar that originally came with the fit?

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by UmmFit
Hey Sugarphreak! I'm interested in your sway bar... only... I'm slightly confused. Is the OEM sway bar the progress bar? Or are you selling the bar that originally came with the fit?

Thanks!

Don't know if SP's PM'd you, but the FSB is a little involved to get in and out. IIRC SP's selling the OEM FSB that originally came with the car not the Battle Endless or T1R FSB.

The Progress rear sway bar (RSB) is a worthwhile mod on the GD's because it makes the car's handling more neutral (> overall traction when cornering). The FSB and RSB both work by pushing on the opposite (unweighted) wheel when cornering. The aftermarket FSB's are thicker and stiffer (more push and quicker reaction?) than the OEM's.

Most FWD cars have understeer built into their handling as a safety measure (people supposedly can handle a car plowing/undertsteering better than one spinning out/oversteering), so the aftermarket FSB makes the car understeer more by stiffening the front suspension.

Hope that helps?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CPat
Don't know if SP's PM'd you, but the FSB is a little involved to get in and out. IIRC SP's selling the OEM FSB that originally came with the car not the Battle Endless or T1R FSB.

The Progress rear sway bar (RSB) is a worthwhile mod on the GD's because it makes the car's handling more neutral (> overall traction when cornering). The FSB and RSB both work by pushing on the opposite (unweighted) wheel when cornering. The aftermarket FSB's are thicker and stiffer (more push and quicker reaction?) than the OEM's.

Most FWD cars have understeer built into their handling as a safety measure (people supposedly can handle a car plowing/undertsteering better than one spinning out/oversteering), so the aftermarket FSB makes the car understeer more by stiffening the front suspension.

Hope that helps?
Yeah that's perfect, thanks! I am fully intending on replacing the RSB, and was just a bit confused as to what he was selling. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UmmFit

Thanks!
It was the original OEM one, I think the sport was thicker than the non-sport... although I am not really sure about it. Anyway, it is just sitting around in my basement right now... I have no idea what to do with it, lol.

I sold the fit with the Battle Endless one I had bought still in it... as Cpat mentioned it is a pain to install and un-install.